Portfolio Alternate History AFL (by craegus) 5 year anniversary

Vote for the location that should be the 20th team to enter the AFL (one vote only, cannot change)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope you all didn't think this was dead, because it is certainly still alive and kicking.

And as a present for it's return here is the long awaited Port Adelaide Home (now with white back panel!!!)

Port%20Adelaide%20Alternate%20History%20Home_zpsme75ympi.png
Sneaky dig in the bottom left.

Taking it to the fans.

The AFL made a bold move when it came to deciding the 20th and final franchise to be selected for expansion. The decision to place a team in Sydney was an easy decision, however the pros and cons of all the other bids was not as easy a task with bids coming in from areas with teams already in the league, as well as from new regions and even from international consortiums, so the AFL chose to take it to the fans to see what their opinion of where the 20th team should be placed and promised to use this data to make the final decision.

The AFL created a poll that only consisted of the bids locations, deliberately excluding the full team name, colours and logos as to not make the poll biased towards popular names or having fans vote against teams because of their chosen colours.

The poll consisted of the following locations (in alphabetical order);

Adelaide - North-Eastern suburbs (SA)
Auckland (New Zealand)
Darwin (NT)
Far North Queensland
Fremantle (WA)
Japan
Newcastle (NSW)
North Queensland/Northern Territory
Pacific Region
Sunshine Coast (Qld)

And the chosen team from this poll was.............

Not so fast, before I present to you the team that was selected, lets see if people on here have the same opinions as from the alternate universe. So with that being said I have added a poll to this thread with the 10 possible locations for you to vote on. When the poll closes we will see if the two sides actually agree or if the alternate universe is just that.

You have just a single vote and cannot change it once it is cast, so make it count.
The selections are awesome! Some are out of the blue and it seems interesting how they (most of them) would manage to survive in this ATL. It makes things really interesting.

What's '119' a reference to? I'm assuming the number of years since Port was founded?

Back