FTA-TV Celeb Amazing Race

Remove this Banner Ad

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race/

I'll be the first to say that I wont be signing up as much as I love the show. I'm hopeless when it comes to finding my way around- under pressure like TAR I'd be absolutely useless. :eek:

Plus i couldnt get the time off work. (September- December for 5 weeks)

Ugh... Aussie Survivor debacle immediately comes to mind.

US version is great, expect our version to be a complete train wreck.

Ugh... Aussie Survivor debacle immediately comes to mind.

US version is great, expect our version to be a complete train wreck.
There are a few different races going around (Amazing Race Asia and Amazing Race Latin America come to mind) so I won't write it off yet.

If the editing is anything like the mid-stage recap from the opening stage of TAR9, you may be right on the money.

Yeah nah interesting decision by seven to say the least. Giving they have arse ****ed it over and over, switching nights and timeslots on a whim, how do they endeavour recovering what would be huge production costs on an Australian version.

What huge production costs?

Economy air tickets are cheap, a camera & sound person per team still in the race for 3 weeks is relatively cheap, logistical crew setting up challenges not expensive, can't see 7 paying too much for a host... what am I missing?

Add to that potential for product placements (ie cars, phones, search engines, etc) and seems relatively cheap compared to crud like Underbelly.

im a fan of the show, i mite consider applying for it. ive got time off during that period. but i dont think the show would be successful either

Saw this a few hours ago. Very excited that Seven are going to do one but I wonder how good it will actually be keeping in mind that Australian TV tends to do versions of American shows very poorly.

If they can keep the format of the show very similar to the American one it should do pretty well and they'll have no problem getting people to sign up for it. Getting Keoghan to host the show or making an appeareance even would be great too. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make sure you gay it up on the vid panny... there needs to be at least one gay couple on the show. You could better your chances if you said you were either childhood sweethearts, long distance dating, homophobic [relative], still in the closet but will come out on the show.

None of it has to be true, but it'll get you on the show.

I think they can make the Aus version work but one of the features of the show is it shows how dumb Americans can be. That is the entertainment factor of the show.

Good luck to any applicants - obviously you have to 'stand out', have a story that is interesting or have something unique in the relationship.

I would have preferred they actually show the US series at a decent time, without delay from the US and stick with it.

Will be interesting to see how this turns out. Not sure Seven would have the budget to make the show as good as the US version but would be good to see some Australian contestants rather than the usual clueless Americans.

Wouldn't mind having a crack at doing the race myself but not sure I could be bothered going through the application process and organising time off to do it. I doubt the prize money for winning would be as good in the Aussie version.

If it weren't for a dislike on travelling long on planes I would totally sign up. Alas I won't.

Oh yeah I forgot about that as well!! I like travelling, but dont really like the plane part lol. I also CANNOT sleep on planes- also cant sleep on buses, trains, etc etc. So I would be at a massive disadvatage already, not being able to nap before you had to run around like a crazy person. :D

Dam jealous of those who get to go but. Will be interesting to see how the show turns out and what tasks they have to do..

me and one of my good mates are going to enter with the story that we met at the pub the night before applications closed and applied.

figure two run of the mill uni student arent gonna make it on without a good story

i love planes now haha

when i was in SE asia recently we took a public ferry because it was $30 cheaper but took 5 hours instead of 1 and a half.

decided to get the 1am ferry so we could get there at 6 and truck on to our next destination.

turns out the public ferry entailed sleeping out on the open deck on what was effectively a park bench.

the ride to the next spot in the 1980's nissan van was luxury after that.

planes are like a bed.

me and one of my good mates are going to enter with the story that we met at the pub the night before applications closed and applied.

figure two run of the mill uni student arent gonna make it on without a good story

Hahaha good luck!!!

But in the American version there is always a "frat boy" team which is the equivalent of uni students I guess..

If MacPherson is the preferred option, they should just drag out Grant Bowler.

Grant Bowler would be perfect! He was great on the Mole, and something like the Amazing Race needs someone low key like Grant.

When will Channel 7 realise that their "celebrities" simply don't work. Tom Williams, Grant Denyer, Daniel McPherson, Luke Jacobz. They ruin shows.

And Ben Cousins? Haven't they learnt anything from Matthew Newton??

Over 21..shattered. Must be going to America for part of it or something.
Me and my friend would dominate that show:p
Should have youth to make it more exciting. Probably will have some overly gay couple or something instead though.
The more emotional your reason for going on is the more likely you will go close to getting selected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back