Streaming The Peripheral - Amazon Prime, 21/10/22

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, it was great that they put so much back story into a character within a couple of scenes. The actor did a great job too.

I'm wondering about the invisible car technology. Is that sent from the future? It also seemed to sustain no damage from the collision.

Good to see shoulder pads and Flynne having a ding-dong!

Yep, the invisible car technology will need to be explained, too.

Fwiw, there are current experiments with refracting light to create invisibility (led by the US military, obviously), so the technology is emerging but it is nowhere near how it is presented in the show, and would be decades off that, if it is even physically possible.

Yep, the invisible car technology will need to be explained, too.

Fwiw, there are current experiments with refracting light to create invisibility (led by the US military, obviously), so the technology is emerging but it is nowhere near how it is presented in the show, and would be decades off that, if it is even physically possible.
They can refract light on a small scale within some light spectrum , the issue is scaling it up to be practical for larger items and covering all Light spectrum instead of the limited spectrum available

Same thing for information sending , it appears that protons can be sent back into the past via quatunum entanglement however, this is obviously very small scale and very hard to achieve atm

Yeah, it was great that they put so much back story into a character within a couple of scenes. The actor did a great job too.

I'm wondering about the invisible car technology. Is that sent from the future? It also seemed to sustain no damage from the collision.

Good to see shoulder pads and Flynne having a ding-dong!

Who is that actor? He was great. I was immediately engrossed in his back story with the other family. Shame we prob wont see more of that

They can refract light on a small scale within some light spectrum , the issue is scaling it up to be practical for larger items and covering all Light spectrum instead of the limited spectrum available

Same thing for information sending , it appears that protons can be sent back into the past via quatunum entanglement however, this is obviously very small scale and very hard to achieve atm

I too have puzzled about the car stealth tech.* Like the Huntingtons meds used by Flynn’s mother, presumably sent back from 2099. But who is producing it in 2032?

I Am also really enjoying the show. It will be one I rewatch.

* One of the few things in the Expanse that irritated me was the lack of explanation for the stealth tech used.

I too have puzzled about the car stealth tech.* Like the Huntingtons meds used by Flynn’s mother, presumably sent back from 2099. But who is producing it in 2032?

I Am also really enjoying the show. It will be one I rewatch.

* One of the few things in the Expanse that irritated me was the lack of explanation for the stealth tech used.

In regards to the meds. They said they sent a formula to the local chemist to produce i beleive.

In regards to the meds. They said they sent a formula to the local chemist to produce i beleive.

Yep. Sorry I expressed poorly. I presume the car stealth formula was sent back the same way.

By the way I am also enjoying the IRA guy. The bowling alley and car park scenes were full on!

Great show.

Two separate locales and two very different groups of people. Flynne bridges them very well. I also like the fact that the supporting characters have some real presence in the story.

Am enjoying the Inspector and sidekick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only just caught up on the last three episodes (poor form to go missing from my own thread), but I remain really glad I watched this. I didn't even know about it until the trailer aired after the finale of The Rings of Power, and then Amazon very cheekily put it in my 'currently watching' list. As it turned out to be the sort of thing I really do enjoy, the algorithm got this one right.

Loved the supporting characters introduced in those last three episodes, as well as the further depth added to those present since episode 1, but loved most of all how the show makes you think. The way I've interpreted the finale is that after having Connor shoot her 2032 body, she uploaded to 2099 at the last possible moment, and will now return to the stub she created where she had already died. Not sure how this means she will have a physical body to go to, or the implication now being the body can die when one is using a peripheral, but hoping they get another season to answer these questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back