Past Andrew Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

This is by no means a troll on Richmond but Andy said coming to Carlton was a real eye opener. He described it as if he had gone from a local bush footy team to a major league club (obviously in terms I could relate to having done both).

He said that the training was so much harder and better organised as well as the place just being an overall more professional club.

His exact words were '100% more professional' and ' far less amateur'.

I can't believe that as Griggy said exactly the opposite and Griggy knows. :rolleyes:

Haven't paid much attention to Andy in the game's he's played. Can anyone enlighten me as to his defensive pressure as it's looking pretty unlikely that Hoops will be playing rnd 1.

Haven't paid much attention to Andy in the game's he's played. Can anyone enlighten me as to his defensive pressure as it's looking pretty unlikely that Hoops will be playing rnd 1.

I have watched Collins pretty closely in the last two pactice matches. He has very good defensive skills and he tackles hard. There is no worry about him in this regard. He strikes me as a fairly tough custmoer - his effort for Richmond against Sydney last year after being knocked out was full of merit

How do you say this? Let's just say I'm glad he doesn't play the way he looks.

Quite a tough customer is Collins and a pretty good kick also.
There are no issues with Collins' intent on the ball and the kid can run all day.

For now I'm not quite sure as to why Richmond gave up Collins for Grigg. :confused:

I have watched Collins pretty closely in the last two pactice matches. He has very good defensive skills and he tackles hard. There is no worry about him in this regard. He strikes me as a fairly tough custmoer - his effort for Richmond against Sydney last year after being knocked out was full of merit

How do you say this? Let's just say I'm glad he doesn't play the way he looks.

Quite a tough customer is Collins and a pretty good kick also.
There are no issues with Collins' intent on the ball and the kid can run all day.

For now I'm not quite sure as to why Richmond gave up Collins for Grigg. :confused:

Cheers guys, looks like he is a good chance of a start in rnd 1.

I've just about got him up at HFF, on my magnet board :D

With Houlihan out he is a very good chance
Yep, I've pencilled him in too. There are going to be changes in our line up this year after our pretty ordinary performances in finals over the last two years and Collins is bound to be one of them IMO

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29578

Cazzesman said:
I think Collins is so far ahead of Griggs it is not funny.

Sugarcane said:
Sorry forgot Collins

Didn't get a stack of it but is a lovely kick delivering inside F50. Looks a poised HFF who will be a designated kicker inside F50. A lot more poised than Grigg, that is for sure, though Grigg more a ball magnet right now.

But happy with Collins' field kicking inside F50m

Cazzesman said:
Would you rather collins get 15 poss and use them well or Grigg get 25 and give 10 back and kick the other 15 straight up in the air?

Punter22 said:
Who's 16? Í know I should remember but I can't. He looked good. Very composed.

ThePsychologist said:
Collins - impressive. He is tough but what surprised me was his ball use, lifts his eyes and hits targets and is a smart player.

Punter22 said:
Ta Donstuie. Well I echo the postive comments on him earlier. Would take what I saw of him today over Grigg all day long.

TheSwan said:
Collins = Houlihan #2. A lot tougher though.

Rexy said:
Juzzy said:
Collins - Reminds me of Houlihan with his movement and skill. Huge upside.

jimmae said:
Collins - HF/Mid - Strong lead option and clean kick and surprised me with his chase downs in midfield despite lacking a little agility and should be a good release option when we force the turnover. Still a bit of rust in his set shots, but there were far worse out there in both jumpers today.

Dominator_7 said:
- We've traded up by getting Laidler and Collins. Laidler has great disposal out of the backline, and Collins aready looks miles ahead of the one sided Shaun Grigg.

latte thanks said:
- new boys duigan and collins = all class, laidler looks good too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From all reports, Collins was everywhere in the VFL on the weekend, and was right up there with our best.

Official stats show that he had 33 disposals & 11 marks which, on the face of it, look like very good stats.

If he keeps that kind of form up then I have no doubt we'll see him in Navy Blue sooner rather than later - possibly as early as this week, although that would seem unlikely.

If he keeps that kind of form up then I have no doubt we'll see him in Navy Blue sooner rather than later - possibly as early as this week, although that would seem unlikely.

50/50 would be my call on this one.
I'd love to see him introduced to our forward line for this coming week, as he won't slow the game down and courage is not a question with this kid.

50/50 would be my call on this one.
I'd love to see him introduced to our forward line for this coming week, as he won't slow the game down and courage is not a question with this kid.

I'd love to see Collo in the team, but the issue of who to drop for him is a significant one.

None of our small/medium forwards/mids performed poorly on Saturday nigh, so it would be a very tough call to drop one of them.

This may be a case of AC having to put his head down and perform on a consistent basis in the Bullants. Eventually, one of the players above him in the pecking order will slip up and he'll force his way in there.

Then the competition will effectively end as the Messiah will have arrived. :thumbsu:

Easy. Thornton.
Much the better forward flank, long term prospect.

The kids got class and courage and would be a great addition for our forward line.
Did I also say he's a very good kick?

As much as I don't think T-Bird is a part of our future, as he clearly is not - he deserves his spot, for now.

If you kick 4 goals in a game, regardless of the opposition - you've done a good job, and surely done enough to earn yourself another week in the seniors.

I'd love to see AC in the senior team but not at the expense of Thornton. Not after his last performance.

As much as I don't think T-Bird is a part of our future, as he clearly is not - he deserves his spot, for now.

This type argument will come up more and more in the coming years:

Do you wait for a player to have a poor game before you have a re-think, or do you work proactively to identify possible weaknesses or strengths against your opponent and settle on the right fit.
As it is for now, we're still largely judged on our last game irrespective of adopting a mind-set where you take the "chance" on what you really believe to be the right call.

Thornton may pull one out of the hat this week, but expecting him to kick goals again this week just feels .......... unlikely.

This thread has gone very quiet very quickly.....

I feel for the kid. By all reports he's chock full of talent and keen to impress, but I can't recall many Carlton players recently that have had two worst games on debut. He's looked like a deer in the headlights.

Hopefully he goes back to the Ants, gets some good form and does some good work next time he is selected.

Andrew Collins, shoulder: 4 weeks.

http://www.blueseum.org/tiki-index.php?page=David+Collins

show_image.php

http://www.blueseum.org/tiki-index.php?page=David+Collins

I wonder how many games Collins would have played this year if he wasn't injured...Possibly the last two in place of Houlihan...Need to sign up Lucas ASAP so we have Curnow, Collins, Lucas, Buckley and Kerr pushing for games next year. Getting our hands on a bigger bodied "grunt" to complement these outside players wouldn't be a bad idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back