Food, Drink & Dining Out Annoying Dining Companions

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. If people eat/drink more, they pay more.

Also, when alcohol is added to the bill, I'm out. Like the great George Costanza, I don't drink wine. I drink Pepsi.

Do you also take ring dings as well to someones house? Ring dings and pepsi? :p

People who take forever to decide on a dish. 'They all look good!' Indeed, so you can't go wrong; just pick one.
As a waiter people who are pedantic about bill splitting s**t me. Tables of 2 or 3 are okay. 4 or more just gets annoying, and surely it's easier to split 4 ways or just approximate. Do you despise your friends that much that you can't stand them getting a few extra bucks from you? *ers.
Parents who refuse to manage their kids at the table. Sure let them have some fun, but if they're just messing s**t up and being a little s**t make them settle down.

I hate it when the waitstaff don't know what the speciality of the house is or have no knowledge of the menu.

Haha. Kid around you may, but I probably would. The rest of the group can choke on their tiramisu while I enjoy the goodness and convenience of my Ring Dings as I silently judge the host's/hosts' movie/book/CD collection. :)

I hate tiramisu. Will be having some ring dings and pepsi with you if that's okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't trust any kind of long life cake product, particularly with cream.

Anyway, annoying dining companions... Can I list my dog, who while all over 'sit', 'paw' and various other basic commands can't process that staring is rude?

If not, then thickshits who rock up to group dinners without casssssh. No you can't pay your part of the bill on your card, and no the rest of the group don't have the exact amount of the total bill minus your contribution. If there's a shortfall stiff s**t. If there's any cash left over you aren't getting it!

I don't trust any kind of long life cake product, particularly with cream.

Anyway, annoying dining companions... Can I list my dog, who while all over 'sit', 'paw' and various other basic commands can't process that staring is rude?

If not, then thickshits who rock up to group dinners without casssssh. No you can't pay your part of the bill on your card, and no the rest of the group don't have the exact amount of the total bill minus your contribution. If there's a shortfall stiff s**t. If there's any cash left over you aren't getting it!

Look up the menu ahead of time, work out how much your meal is going to cost, bring exact change = win

As much as I try to play off my irritation, I'm not one for sharing food. If I'm eating out at a diner, a lot of concentration is put into maintaining table etiquette and not eating like a pig; this often means I'm the last to finish (pun could be intended but probably shouldn't be). Person I'm with could get a dish of equal or greater proportion than me, and I'll have downed half my plate before they start staring enviously at my food. I know that look, so I feel obliged to glance around the restaurant awkwardly but 9 times out of 10 they'll be annoyingly straightforward and ask if they can have some. I'll give in, not that sharing angers me, it's just I'd rather they ordered a meal adequate to their hunger and didn't feed off mine.

Also, I hate when people pay for me. It's a non-negotiable, even if I'm out on a date. I've dated men in the past who would actually get angry if I paid, so there would be a few clashes of heads. Will go halvies at the very least.

Many moons ago, my then gf and I went out to dinner one Saturday night at Mexican Graffiti in Geelong and naturally were seated at a table for 2 (very small)

We had a great meal, some drinks and a bit of chit chat. When it came time to leave, we both got up at the same time. We both lent forward to push our chairs back and there was a clash of heads that sent her flying backwards into the wall and then flopping down onto the floor.

Luckily she had a good sense of humour to go with her injuries. Oooooooops!!

Many moons ago, my then gf and I went out to dinner one Saturday night at Mexican Graffiti in Geelong and naturally were seated at a table for 2 (very small)

!!

Oooh I've been there. Good food.

As for my own local area the only decent Mexican place closed down and all we are left with is Taco Bill. :rolleyes:

Went out with a sheila that spoke with her mouth full. Very annoying.

Also went out with another sheila who didn't want to sit opposite me at the table....she wanted to sit next to me. There was f*** all room to spread out and eat. And it looked ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back