Food, Drink & Dining Out Annoying Dining Companions

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah over here I'd say it's the norm. I could be wrong tho.

Yup - Australia is still so farking backward that we cannot handle split bills - especially with multiple cards.

In contrast, in modern European society - you could throw 10 different credit cards in and the wait staff will happily put various sized payments on them and even (shock horror!) calculate the remainder at the end if anyone is paying cash.

I have a friend who I have to sit away from when eating. I know he can't help it but his jaw clicks when he is chewing............I feel bad though for thinking it is annoying but it is freaking annoying.

Splitting bills here is rare. I remember in Canada 6 of us bought 3 different types of desserts to share, and they were able to charge us for half of a dessert on each of our individual bills. Was awesome.

Having said that, with my best friend one of us will generally pay one week, the other will pay next, or in a group we just round up roughly what we had each and leave a tip.

People are dumber for ease of technology.

Show me a table of diners where a bill is being split where the first step isn't to pull out an iPhone and open up the calculator. To me if the bill is say $175 between 4 then everyone owes $45 and there's $5 left over. Seems easy but even $200 exactly between 4 or 5 people will pull out the smartphone.

I've been to cafes and with a $20 note in hand the bill has ended up being say $15.35 - so if I have the 35c or a 50c/$1 coin I'll give them that also so I don't get a handful of shrapnel. If the teller has entered $20 into the register already and the amount of change errr changes from $4.65 to say $5.15 9 times out of 10 the cashier looks absolutely dumbfounded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mother gooses who spend the entire dinner s**t talking the restaurant you're eating at.

t!

Omg. Yes!

I organised an end of year dinner for our faculty a couple years ago. The place wasn't bad- wasn't fine dining or anything but it was okay. And the waitress was lovely and attentive.

My coordinator spent the entire evening bagging the waitress and the food. Never organised another dinner after that. Absolutely ruined the whole night. :rolleyes:

I hate crying and screaming children, well that's a tad unfair, I hate the parents who let the kids run around causing havoc and mischief, then when they decide to show authority, they yell out "stop ******* running ya little *in s**t!"

I'm a woeful dinner guest. I hate slow eaters or those who want to converse for a solid hour after we've eaten. For me, restaurants are loud and the chairs and tables are pretty uncomfortable. I just wanna eat, have a drink and GTFO.

Other than that, i hate the person, usually of considerable girth, who loads up and protects their plate like a dog with their bone. Most annoying during shared meals when others are left to go hungry.

Also, the dessert orderer when everyone else has passed on sweets.

I hate the is that gluten free, meat free, lactose free, soy free, wheat free, sugar free, blah blah blah. Just shut up and order and eat.

I hate the is that gluten free, meat free, lactose free, soy free, wheat free, sugar free, blah blah blah. Just shut up and order and eat.
I don't mind if they ask a passing question like "can i get lactose free milk in coffee?" But if everything is questioned then yeah.

Besides, vegans are worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back