MRP / Trib. Anthony Caminiti fights for his freedom and wins big at the tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh give over ffs

U really think he meant to hit him in the head?

He went to hit him in the body like he had done most of the game
In fact they were both doing it for most of the game
Footage shows murphy dropping, they even mention it, the media mentions it, everyone mentions it, everyone says and can see it was an accident and yet here u are on your horse being a social justice warrior bringing up paddy who we have all said should retire

Its sad he has a concusaion history, no one wants that.

Its also sad the club didn't feel the need to test him till after the game, after laying on the deck with something obviously wrong

You should be asking those questions of your own club

This isnt steve baker here who we all know was dirty ffs

Seriously get a grip
Did I think it was a deliberate act? No. I dont think he was really looking when he threw the punch or whatever it was that made the contact. Murphy cleary thought it was deliberate at the time though. But if you are playing silly games. Both players are going to miss weeks in my opinion.

As for my club testing him. I dont know when he was tested but he didnt appear to play after the incident and was off for most of the last quarter. So if he didnt play after that, I would say it covers the clubs duty of care.
Maybe I am missing something though. No more posts for me here. Sorry if I upset anyone.

Last edited:
Did I think it was a deliberate act? No. I dont think he was really looking when he threw the punch or whatever it was that made the contact. Murphy cleary thought it was deliberate at the time though. But if you are playing silly games. Both players are going to miss weeks in my opinion.

As for my club testing him. I dont know when he was tested but he didnt appear to play after the incident and was off for most of the last quarter. So if he didnt play after that, I would say it covers the clubs duty of care.
Maybe I am missing something though. No more posts for me here. Sorry if I upset anyone.
You're okay...personally I think you've been quite reasonable, which is far more than can be said of some of your fellow supporters that have been deliberately, and senselessly provocative, on this board.
It was an unfortunate incident, that could have been handled a bit differently by both sides. That's hindsight though.
It is what it is.
Anyway, much like that tall American witches hat with the loose retina's and knock off Ray Charles glasses (that for some inexplicable reason is still drawing a wage) I hope to play your team again come the end of the year.
If not, good luck...no doubt you've lost some admirers from our side after this incident...but it can't be denied, your mob are playing good footy. You'll be thereabouts come the end of the year...hopefully we will too.

Tell me again why we have a 4th umpire. IMO there is no place in the game for what Murphy did. It instigated the whole serious of unfortunate events. Did Caminiti get him high? Yes. Did he mean to? No.
Would he have done what he did if Murphy hadn't played the faux tough guy? I think not.

I coached kids footy for many years and they are undoubtedly influenced by what happens in the AFL.
It's about time the AFL stamped this rubbish out.

This is your board so you guys do what you want. I agree Murphy is a mouth and he is physical so wack him around the body. Go crazy. If you want to hit him in the head though........ Didnt McCartin play for you guys? I thought you understood what that was like.
So you think players need to know the concussive stats of every other player in the afl? Or any other injury?
( Better not target that shoulder, we know he’s just had surgery?)

Never going to happen.

Even having said that, it’s quite clear to all and apparently the tribunal, that Caminiti did not “ want to hit him in the head” deliberately. It was accidental, caused in part by Murphy bending his knees.

Many of us were not happy about Paddy continuing to play - but when you make that decision to continue playing - like Paddy and Murphy have, the risk is there. It’s a physical game. He was not deliberately targeted. Unfortunately, it happened, but every player who plays knows they are open to injuries.

If he is susceptible to concussions, maybe HE needs to take the responsibility for his decision to play.

Tell me again why we have a 4th umpire. IMO there is no place in the game for what Murphy did. It instigated the whole serious of unfortunate events. Did Caminiti get him high? Yes. Did he mean to? No.
Would he have done what he did if Murphy hadn't played the faux tough guy? I think not.

I coached kids footy for many years and they are undoubtedly influenced by what happens in the AFL.
It's about time the AFL stamped this rubbish out.
This
( sorry. Can’t give the 👍🏼 right now 🤣)

First goal of the game, Filth player gets pinged holding the ball, ball gets given to Crouch, filth player goes to him and reacts like he is going to hit Crouch. Crouch just looks at him no reaction.

Have a guess who the brave hero sh*tstain ugly chesty bonds chinned inbred ranga filth mouth breather it is.

Yup you guessed it. The .

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

My hatred of Collingwood over the years had faded into not really paying attention to their existence. Instead it was reserved for the Norf Melbourne Crab Buckets and the Port Adelaide Sooking About My Pylons. But seeing the reaction of pies fans has reinvigorated it.

We might have lost the game, but the hatred they seem to have for us, a supposedly "irrelevant nothing team," is something to feel warm inside about.

This is your board so you guys do what you want. I agree Murphy is a mouth and he is physical so wack him around the body. Go crazy. If you want to hit him in the head though........ Didnt McCartin play for you guys? I thought you understood what that was like.
But there was no intention to hit Murphy in the head. Hence the downgrading of the punishment.

So Caminiti in effect got a punishment that is more severe because Murphy has a glass head.

Had Murphy not been concussed we are talking a fine or maybe a week for being clumsy at most.

The reason, no saint fan has sympathy for Murphy is because of that fact he instigated the entire mess. He physically went after a 19 year old 5 gamer.

It is weak when you think about it and looks weaker in the vision.

No pie supporter will find a saint fan who genuinely believes there was intent to knock out Murphy.

Nah you’re good
Don’t worry about me
Been some absolute plonked over here this week
I’m moving on from the whole thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hq6UEQ2.gif

Careless not intentional

The intentional part of the incident was Murphy's throat punch and subsequent attempt to get a free kick.

Dudes a goose.

Rematch should be be good if we get one. Eggshell Murphy and Kareem Abdul Cox will hopefully be there to shed a rear.

Ol Gogglecox would be so lucky to play that game to begin with, last I checked he had a lacerated spleen to go with his broken rib, so that's gotta suck given he trained with supposed internal bleeding like a dopey Texan would.

Do not quote, screenshot or tag identifiable posts or users from other boards.

Thanks
does that apply to only this board? there's a 290-page tread devoted to just this alone on another clubs board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back