Anyone else find themselves cheering Port on?

The one good thing from this game is that Essendon supporters will never again be able to cry and moan about umpiring costing them a win after the disgusting one sided crap in that last quarter.

Port were screwed, Bomber players were getting frees for just looking at the ball, whilst someone like Ebert got smashed into the ground and got nothing.
Pish-posh! When we get a free it is well deserved and about time. When the opposition gets a free it's blatant cheating.

Disappointing, I have always liked Port (call me nuts) by the end though, it just looked as if Port were exhausted, commendable effort though.

Port are a joke of a side, and thoroughly deserve the wooden spoon that is one loss away. So, no...I wasnt cheering them on. :D

I do like Butcher though...pity its taken so long for them to put him in that side. :rolleyes:

Yep. Absolutely hate Essendon. Aside from West Coast, they're the club I dislike the most. Absolute pretenders and don't deserve to be in the finals.
LOL like Freo are anything but pretenders when they make finals, as rare as that is.

So looks like Carlton has the bye in Round 1 of the finals. Free pass:thumbsu:
Just like West Coast will have the bye the week after.

Congratulations to Port on a great effort. It was quite clear that there was an agenda out there and you were not going to be allowed to win out there today. I'm sure the Maggot department will say all calls were correct but perhaps the ICC corruption body should have a look.

wow I hate Port but that was some horrendously one sided umpiring in the last.

Wonder if we'll see a bunch of articles this week about how one sided the umpiring is when Vic teams play interstate sides at home.......

This is very true mate. Apart from the fact that Port's debt, for instance, is several times higher than Fitzroy's ever was.

And as is well-known, of course, what happened to the Roys was the result of a 12-year whiteanting campaign by the AFL against our club.

Whereas Port receive the sort of financial support and other assistance that we could only ever dream of.

But I still wish Port had been able to win this today. Especially for the sake of their supporters.

Do a touch more research about the financial situations of both clubs, pal. I think you'll find a huge difference as to the reasons our clubs are/were in debt.

Do a touch more research about the financial situations of both clubs, pal. I think you'll find a huge difference as to the reasons our clubs are/were in debt.

Oh I have done that research, I have done it thoroughly.

I know about Port's issues with the SANFL, and the consequential impact on revenue. I am well aware of that. But those issues don't even come close to realistically comparing with what was done to Fitzroy.

Before the whiteanting against us began, we were averaging over 20,000 a game, and our membership was higher than a number of other clubs. That is a fact.

If your club was being undermined at every possible opportunity the way us Roys were for the last 12 years of our time in the AFL, you would not be in the AFL now.

Nor would a number of other clubs for that matter, if they had to deal with the sort of malicious and deliberate war against them that was waged against Fitzroy at that time.

Read here, for a comprehensive documentation of exactly what the AFL did to my club:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21951177&postcount=31

Really hate Essendon, but Port deserve the spoon, so I was hoping for the Bombers to get up. Hopefully the Crows win a spoon in the next couple of years as well to match their hometown rival.:thumbsu:

Next time one of today's umpires officiates at a Port game in Adelaide the Port Cheer Squad should give him a right royal welcome. Hopefully though they will never umpire another game.

Back