April - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Contributer the obvious but a more genuine 2000M from barrier 13 brings him right back to the field whilst I still don't know what to think of To the World, have to risk Adelaide first up on the back of his trials & I'd be shocked if anything else wins it, maybe Tosen Stardom?

If there is any decent rain Adelaide won't even start. I cant wait for this race though, it has some genuine quality in it and the type of field a Cox Plate should be getting.

Left work early to watch my horse run today in some hope it may do well today. Well she didn't let me down! Get around Sha La La!

Just got on Spillway at $35 to win the Queen Elizabeth. I think way over the odds and a big chance.

Should napalm the track if that wins in this type of field.

Last edited:
So what is the forecast for the rest of the week? Any chance of the track getting back to decent nick?

Interesting Godolphin are splitting their big two - suggests to me CONTRIBUTER is going great guns. He has been bashing them in what I still think is an inadequate trip and a truly run 2000m will be perfect for him. If the track is fair can only see the Japanese or Adelaide (can't back off this prep but may just end up being too good) beating him.

HARTNELL would be every chance in the QE so the fact he is running in the Cup and getting weight from the greatest European to ever race here suggests he should be winning this untroubled.

Why is Red Cadeaux going around in the Queen Elizabeth, when there's a 2 mile race on the same day where he's very reasonably weighted?

Hartnell looks too good to be true in the Sydney Cup, only one who can beat him in Whoshotthebarman who was taking a little bit of ground late in the BMW but doesn't look to be great speed here, he will sit handy and drop them when its time to go, 52kgs is a ridiculous weight for a horse who has been running super in WFA races.

I like Winx in the Oaks, she has been running very strong sections late in her races, will eat the distance, no special but she is in my opinion the best filly in the race, dangers, Thunder Lady, Fenway & Ballet Suite.

QE, 3 winning chances for mine, Criterion, was around the mark with Payne but has gone to another level with Hayes, has had the perfect preparation coming out of high rating Ryder (form already through Doncaster), maps perfect and handles wet, think he is a good bet @ $8.

Contributer the obvious but disagree that a truly run 2000M is exactly what he wants, at this stage he is still to prove he can run the blistering sectionals on a genuine tempo (Chipping Norton and example of a more genuinely run contest, beat them but not as convincing), not saying he can't but not convinced he wants it, barrier 13 and wet track bring him back to the pack, if he had drawn well on a dry surface in a race that was going to be run slowly he would be and odds on shot for mine.

Doesn't get that here but at the same time don't think they will be going mental like Carlton House did last year, if the track plays fair (or to swoopers) can see him smoking them down the outside.

To the World, not overly impressed with his BMW run but all the hype around him cannot be misguided? Has to be hard to beat if as good as they say but does he want it wet?

Tosen Stardom a chance as is Adelaide but happy to risk both.

If it doesn't get too wet Noble Protector the one to beat in the Queen of the Turf, have backed Sempe Libera early at $15s against the more fancied runners in race 4, Lake Geneva and co have been running in better races but hollow figures with me, happy to bet around them with some new blood, also like Denpurr at big odds in that race.

Why is Red Cadeaux going around in the Queen Elizabeth, when there's a 2 mile race on the same day where he's very reasonably weighted?

Worried about him running out the 2 miles on a wet track. He can run a good 2000m on a wet track. Wet track might undo a few in the QE. Huge prize on offer for the QE

A mixture of all those things according to connections

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, didn't know if he liked it wet or not.

If it's a 7 or worse and they're coming down the outside, I'll back Politeness in the last.

I think im going to be on the Melbourne Cup form for the Sydney Cup personally. Hartnell has looked more flashy in his wins but those 2 have been trained to peak at 2 miles this Saturday the whole time where as i think Hartnell has been trained to be more sharp for the BMW and possibly the QE. Their form at 2 miles is much stronger than his as well

I think im going to be on the Melbourne Cup form for the Sydney Cup personally. Hartnell has looked more flashy in his wins but those 2 have been trained to peak at 2 miles this Saturday the whole time where as i think Hartnell has been trained to be more sharp for the BMW and possibly the QE. Their form at 2 miles is much stronger than his as well

Yeah Hartnells one start at 2 miles was pretty poor - Royal Asoct win.

Melbourne Cup form is 2 mile form, so we will find out this Saturday

Historically Melbourne Cup form has been a pretty good guide over a variety of distances.

Wasn't the Diva the first Cup winner to back up in Sydney and win since Carbine or something like that? Just doesn't happen.

If Protectionist can give Hartnell 6 kgs and a beaten I will be mightily impressed!

If Protectionist was in his Melbourne Cup form I would be on him to win here despite how well Hartnell has been going, however the simple facts are he is isn't going anywhere near that level at the moment, Ive got him 5-7 lengths off that level in all his runs this campaign.

I couldn't have him here, if he wins then so be it. I wonder if he gets heavily backed again like he has every time this Autumn, he must be going well at home?

Historically Melbourne Cup form has been a pretty good guide over a variety of distances.

Wasn't the Diva the first Cup winner to back up in Sydney and win since Carbine or something like that? Just doesn't happen.

If Protectionist can give Hartnell 6 kgs and a beaten I will be mightily impressed!

It doesnt happen for the same reason Melbourne Cup winners dont have a good record in the Adelaide or Hobart Cup, they just dont go there

Weather forecast is clearing. I think it may still reach a good 4.

Contributer is a great bet for mine. QE for me is Contributer from TTW/Tosen Stardom then Criterion maybe just a step down but still very capable of winning. With Adelaide, I just can't take a Waller horse first up in G1 over 10f with those trials regardless of that Cox Plate.

I was on Zarzali on the weekend thought her run was full of merit although might just be off that top line. I just would have liked for her to put a bit more in the early-middle straight if she has to back up 5 days later over the mile and a half. Although it was a bit it of an odd race to take a form line out of and I don't like the oaks at all from a betting perspective.

Hartnell wins the Cup. Highway robbery getting 52kg. if protectionist wins this week he should be taken out of Australia, it's just a waste. Dominant the odds horse, he's snuck in under the radar with the Japanese around but he's world class. When John Moore says he's desperate for 2 mile with his form over 2400 being exceptional, he's probably my investment taking 16's instead of 2.25 on Hartnell.

Very keen on Kuro, 3rd up over preferred distance, back in 3yo company, negative weight swing to Rubick but with conditioning and Rubicks possible inability to run the 6f, I'm in.

Chloe in Paris depending on track bias/condition and possibly Kuro's performance is most likely my best. Probably even without Kuro getting up its significant overs at the 11's it opened at, I imagine that price would be due to risking her ability to run out a strong 6f?

Dominant the odds horse, he's snuck in under the radar with the Japanese around but he's world class. When John Moore says he's desperate for 2 mile with his form over 2400 being exceptional, he's probably my investment taking 16's instead of 2.25 on Hartnell.

Personally couldn't back a Hong Kong horse over 2 miles - they are a 1200m-2000m racing jurisdiction for mine - the locals generally get lapped by whatever the Europeans send over in the Vase and thats only 2400m.

I was keen on Kuro until he drew where he did, likely to get caught three wide without cover or be forced to push forward and burn it at both ends, whilst I think he is the best horse I don't think he is that much better than them (Vancouver an example of not being concerned with barriers) particularly if it stays in the soft range.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back