April - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Only found this out last week FTL

Also hasn't got this weeks info yet.

There was good money for her last start and it was a very good run in the worst part of the track, she's the one who jumped out at me on first look.

Obviously ill have a little something on Tarquin again, not sure the ground suited him last start.

Track play dependent of course though.

What are peoples thoughts on Rock sturdy randwick race 7?? First up on sat. I liked him last prep. Was running v Cluster

I think he is a good horse but I cannot have him here first up 1200M with 59kgs against two good ones in Our Boy Malchi & Craftiness, I also think Vashka is a good horse whilst Target in Sight is in peak form.

If it gets into the heavy range, Rain Affair is a good each way chance at $26/$6.50. Last start I thought I saw a glimpse of him returning some of his old form. Might wind back the clock if the rain comes

He's got a massive stud deal going for him, there is no way Weir is running him unless ready to win. Im not concerned at all.

Andrew Bensley ‏@AndrewBensley 19s20 seconds ago

Listening to @DKWeirRacing this morning @SkySportsRadio1 I think Trust in a Gust is forward enough to win at Caulfield on Saturday.

Andrew Bensley ‏@AndrewBensley 39s40 seconds ago

Trust in a Gust had a jump out on Tuesday pleasing @DKWeirRacing Trainer says horses fitness is great. Very capable first up for sure.

Just done the figures from Saturdays Randwick meeting, no wonder Harntell struggled to run out the 3200M, don't know if it should be the biased track we are blaming or Tommy for this incompetent ride.

In a 10 horse field with no speed on paper he has set a similar tempo to that of Admire Rakti in the Melbourne Cup last year, I only have a relatively small sample of 3200M to at Randwick to benchmark against so numbers might be a little misleading but either way he has gone much too fast.

Does he win or not with a proper ride, maybe, who knows but he was given none by Tommy.

Just done the figures from Saturdays Randwick meeting, no wonder Harntell struggled to run out the 3200M, don't know if it should be the biased track we are blaming or Tommy for this incompetent ride.

In a 10 horse field with no speed on paper he has set a similar tempo to that of Admire Rakti in the Melbourne Cup last year, I only have a relatively small sample of 3200M to at Randwick to benchmark against so numbers might be a little misleading but either way he has gone much too fast.

Does he win or not with a proper ride, maybe, who knows but he was given none by Tommy.

Probably looked to his Melbourne Cup ride on Tres Blue for inspiration.

The track is still at its firmest on the inside (according to Michael Fraser who was spot on with his assessment last week) so thats me sorted, won't be touching anything in Sydney this weekend, they are playing slot cars again this week at a carnival that will one day challenge Melbourne's spring (s******). Id rather be betting at Warnambool when every local horse is first up and set for every benchmark 60 and maiden on the card.

GFY Sydney. :thumbsu:

The track is still at its firmest on the inside (according to Michael Fraser who was spot on with his assessment last week) so thats me sorted, won't be touching anything in Sydney this weekend, they are playing slot cars again this week at a carnival that will one day challenge Melbourne's spring (s******). Id rather be betting at Warnambool when every local horse is first up and set for every benchmark 60 and maiden on the card.

GFY Sydney. :thumbsu:

I really hope not, I'm very keen on Private Secretary in the first but I don't want to be backing her at those odds if the track is the same as last week, unfortunately cannot even get a read on the track given it is the first.

She did thrash them last start from the back when nothing else on the day made ground but it is still hard to dive in at $2.40 when she might have no chance at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bro in laws mate part owns trailofdestruction going round Cranbourne R3 tomorrow night.

Don't know much about her apart from a putrid record, but he reckons she is going well.

Will have a little each way @$26/5 for the hell of it :D
U have to coz if it wins and you're not on it you wont hear the end of it.... been there and it sucks

4000 m race at caulfield tomorrow, how often does this happen?

Must be a long ling time - think SA used to have a 3600m flat race which they claimed was the longest in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back