Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

They're all emotionally wrecked shouldn't even be playing...... now their metal state has taken another hit
I dont buy that. The majority of our nations test team are on the same emotional field not to mention Sean Abbott and they stood up and performed to the highest level. We made 300 odd in the first dig too.

This thread typifies whats wrong with our side. We expect them to fail, its not a knee jerk thread. Our boys might be mentally shot but it has nothing to do with Phil Hughes.

Not the time to be bagging them IMO.

I think the Redbacks should have been allowed to attend the test match instead as a mark of respect. It would not be a good feeling toiling away in a shield game during the day and coming home and hearing about how damn heroic Clarke and Warner are when they switch on the TV in the evening.

Not the time to be bagging them IMO.

I think the Redbacks should have been allowed to attend the test match instead as a mark of respect. It would not be a good feeling toiling away in a shield game during the day and coming home and hearing about how damn heroic Clarke and Warner are when they switch on the TV in the evening.
Need to toughen up if this is their attitude. NSW players who were good mates with Hughes didnt feel the need to have to watch the test match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're all emotionally wrecked shouldn't even be playing...... now their metal state has taken another hit

I don't buy this. The reality is cricket is just not that big a deal in our state. We like to think it is. I was transferred in my job ( to Sydney) many years ago and was really surprised at the level of interest and participation of people in cricket. In fairness the only competitor was rugby in either it's forms depending on what school you went to. Cricket was always seen in my youth as a game that we played in summer.

Those that could play cricket better than they played footy played cricket but rarely did it happen the other way around. Maybe it is different now.

Its an excuse. Had they lost by 50 or so it wouldn't have been mentioned, but it covers the embarrassment. I get it would have been hard to get motivated for the game but once you're in it........ Johan Botha has been a great skipper but his after match speech was so disappointing.

These collapses have been going on for years.

The Hughes issue should be no excuse. Players who were on the field when the tragedy happened such as Haddin, Warner and Lyon all had an excellent test match.

Geez even Abbott returns with a 6/14

Nah - dont buy that excuse at all

Those blokes didn't spend every day with him like our guys did.

No doubt the Redbacks have more issues than just this tragedy but I know a few of the players and they are nowhere at the moment
But some of them did, guys like Clarke, Abbott and Co were team mates for years. I actually have a great deal of time for Richo, Dan Worrall and I think it was Zampa who decided they weren't ready. But as soon as you cross that boundary rope you have to be ready to go. Michael Clarke did, granted our boys aren't at that level but they were good enough to make 300 odd in the first dig

But some of them did, guys like Clarke, Abbott and Co were team mates for years. I actually have a great deal of time for Richo, Dan Worrall and I think it was Zampa who decided they weren't ready. But as soon as you cross that boundary rope you have to be ready to go. Michael Clarke did, granted our boys aren't at that level but they were good enough to make 300 odd in the first dig

and Ronald.

The culture is dismal.

Getting Cosgrove back says it all.
Should still be in the prime of his career at 29. The guy sat in the background in Tassie and concentrated on making runs. He comes back home and thinks he's the returning superstar who has to open his mouth at every opportunity.

Should still be in the prime of his career at 29. The guy sat in the background in Tassie and concentrated on making runs. He comes back home and thinks he's the returning superstar who has to open his mouth at every opportunity.

By the looks of him, he did that in Tasmania as well.

Except he put food in, not forced opinions out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back