Are we in a full rebuild?

Remove this Banner Ad

i feel like we would have sought a draft pick or a young player for lumumba rather than varcoe if we were in a full rebuild.
Sound logic Joely.:thumbsu:

But there is pressure to remain competitive as per supporter expectations also.

According to buckley we're the big bolters next year.He needs to be careful with his comments.Keep it in house otherwise his position might be the big bolter.

Sound logic Joely.:thumbsu:

But there is pressure to remain competitive as per supporter expectations also.

Totally agree KJPie!

The club knows with players on our list like Blair, Goldsack, White getting games we are competitive but not a threat.

Biding time with those guys until the likes of Witts, Elliott, Adams, Grundy, Broomhead, Kennedy, Frost, Moore, Marsh, Freeman, Scharenberg, Langdon, Williams and Pick 5 this year all come through. Add in Pendels, Sidebottom, Reid, Cloke, Greenwood and an A grade FA that Collingwood should be able to attract.

Imagine the side in say 2017 IF all that talent eventuates:

FB Langdon Frost Williams
HB Scharenberg Reid Marsh
C Freeman Adams Sidebottom
HF Broomhead Moore Pick5
FF Elliott Cloke Kennedy

Foll Witts Pendels Greenwood
Int Grundy Fasolo FreeAgent Sub:?

Stick with bucks and the club. I can see this is what they are working towards! Good times ahead!!!

Totally agree KJPie!The club knows with players on our list like Blair, Goldsack, White getting games we are competitive but not a threat.
Biding time with those guys until the likes of Witts, Elliott, Adams, Grundy, Broomhead, Kennedy, Frost, Moore, Marsh, Freeman, Scharenberg, Langdon, Williams and Pick 5 this year all come through. Add in Pendels, Sidebottom, Reid, Cloke, Greenwood and an A grade FA
Imagine the side in say 2017 IF all that talent eventuates:
FB Langdon Frost Williams HB Scharenberg Reid Marsh C Freeman Adams Sidebottom HF Broomhead Moore Pick5
FF Elliott Cloke Kennedy Foll Witts Pendels Greenwood Int Grundy Fasolo FreeAgent Sub:?

I like the realistic time frame of 2017 and the team MGP.
I would hope there are a couple more stars recruited in 2014/15 that may also be in that team.

When you are the best team in the competition and you add more quality to your list it isn't a rebuild, it's improving the list to remain at the top.

Completely different to us at the moment who are bringing in many first round draft choices and a sprinkle of B graders at best to try and remain competitive.
there is a difference yes, and if you listen to the commentary you'll realise that we have been doing a top up as you call it on the run without dropping down. bottom line is that you can't do anything about injury had we not sustained the injury toll that we had then we would have ended up around 5-6th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back