List Mgmt. The obvious (we need a key forward)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
So this thread is only for posts related to Key forwards we could recruit, trade for or get by free agency.
My definition of a key forward is a player 197cm or taller. Not AJ, Reef or checkers size.

I keep moaning about it in other threads but have no idea if any draftees are coming in that would suit us.

I saw today on X that Lobb has been named as a target for us. No no no no no.

Please keep this to Key forwards only, there are plenty of other threads for draft and FA talk.

I agree, Frampton proved this in the GF. He played a negating role essentially to keep Andrews accountable, imagine a KF with goal kicking nouse and pack crashing marks.

What is all this obsession with key forwards needing to be close to 200cm?

A very good 192 - 195cm player who can play smart in a tall forward role, who leads to the right spot and can take a contested grab can be every bit as dominant as a big bulldozing pack crasher and this team doesn’t absolutely necessitate the latter.

As others have pointed out, we’d be snapping hands off for a Tex, Curnow or Hogan type, all of whom are sub 197cm.

Last edited:
So this thread is only for posts related to Key forwards we could recruit, trade for or get by free agency.
My definition of a key forward is a player 197cm or taller. Not AJ, Reef or checkers size.

I keep moaning about it in other threads but have no idea if any draftees are coming in that would suit us.

I saw today on X that Lobb has been named as a target for us. No no no no no.

Please keep this to Key forwards only, there are plenty of other threads for draft and FA talk.
The best KPF in the afl is 196cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back