Arise, Sir Prince Phillip!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes indeed it's worth considring as we remember those who died in the Shoah if it was not for monarchy many of the left in this country would have capitulated at best if not for king and country.

Ni, its worth remembering that the Germans didn't want war with the British because there empire brought stability across the globe. destroying the british meant that order would of broke down and the Germans did not have the ability for a smooth transition. It's also they very same reason they tolerated the catholics That is why i agreed with your original post. However right wing tories have a version of history that hides the fact, they wanted war.

With the benifite of hindsight, you can't argue, unless of course you're defending right wing Tories who prefer this to be kept very quiet.

chalk-cheese-happily-shaki-5300036.jpg

So i can assume that you support the ADF, and anywhere they are deployed to.

He is a Rhodes scholar, elite puppet through and through and obviously Murdoch hates to see his competitors in the global power game boosted. If Murdoch approved it wouldn't be an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact at that scumbag Murdoch is now carping on about this actually has turned me. I am no monarchist by any stretch but this US citizen needs to keep his big fat mouth out of it when it's comes to discussing resignation for patriotic purposes. This is the bloke that renounced citizenship of his country of birth for sheer unadulterated power and cash. The bloke is a disgrace. About time he resigned from living the dirty piece of filth.

The fact at that scumbag Murdoch is now carping on about this actually has turned me. I am no monarchist by any stretch but this US citizen needs to keep his big fat mouth out of it when it's comes to discussing resignation for patriotic purposes. This is the bloke that renounced citizenship of his country of birth for sheer unadulterated power and cash. The bloke is a disgrace. About time he resigned from living the dirty piece of filth.

Refer the seven deadly sins.

In fact Murdoch tweeted on January 27 "Po"and there was a bit of conjecture as to what that meant. We now know as his trained lapdogs collectively go on the rampage. And allow this repulsive individual to own 70 odd percent of the print media. There needs to be a collective campaign by all sides of politics to move this bloke out of Australia life.

Its abuse of public office.

The categories of Knight and Dame of the Order of Australia were created by the Queen of Australia on advice from Malcolm Fraser's government in 1976 and was discontinued by her on advice from the Hawke Labor government in 1986 and reintroduced by Abbott. Many current day republics have Orders of Knighthoods (I listed many of them earlier).

From 1975-1986, twelve Knights and two Dames of the Order of Australia were appointed, including Prince Charles. The Queen of Australia is the Sovereign Head of the Order of Australia.

People who are not Australian citizens may be awarded honorary membership of the Order at all grades, including Knights. 275 non-Australians have been appointed to the Order of Australia, with more than 30 to the "Companion" grade. For example Susilo Banbang Yudhoyno, the former President of Indonesia was made a Companion of the Order of Australia in 2010. Akio Mimura the Representative Director & President of Nippon Steel was made a Companion of the Order of Australia in 2012.

The Duke of Edinburgh obviously fits into the non Australian category and joins his wife and eldest son as Knights.

I believe the Prime Minister is entitled to make a recommendation to the Queen of Australia on possible candidates for an Australian Knighthood. The selection of a Governor-General is a responsibility for the PM, who may consult privately with staff or colleagues, or with the monarch. So why not a Knighthood?

It is up to the Queen, as Australia's Head of State, to accept or reject the recommendation as she sees fit.

You are envious of his money.
Horseshit. I could care less about his money. I am very happy to save up for and enjoy my holidays and footy src and look forward to the wife and I retiring in about 5 or 6 years. But I should not be surprised by your comment. You keep sucking Ruperts utensil Danny.

Horseshit. I could care less about his money. I am very happy to save up for and enjoy my holidays and footy src and look forward to the wife and I retiring in about 5 or 6 years. But I should not be surprised by your comment. You keep sucking Ruperts utensil Danny.

So why worry or even post about him.

I'm sorry, not concerned about your family holidays.

Oh no, I know why he was awarded it. And he is a most deserving recipient.

I'm just amused that the anti-war/occupation brigade haven't piped up about it. You know, given his past and then senior roles in the ADF.

All their energies directed towards Prince Philip maybe??
He was awarded it 10 months ago you dummy.

Yes indeed it's worth considring as we remember those who died in the Shoah if it was not for monarchy many of the left in this country would have capitulated at best if not for king and country.
Do you mean the monarchy which had an abdication crisis when a Nazi sympathiser married a divorced woman? That monarchy?

Given most in here disagree with knighthoods in the first place, why so many twisted knickers?

If I didn't care about something I wouldn't care that what I don't care about was given to someone I don't care about.

It's actually rather amusing, lots of people shouting at clouds.

I suppose its because Tony Abbott, as an elected Prime Minister, acts on behalf of us all. Our taxes pay his salary. Are we not entitled to criticise?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back