FTA-TV Arrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty good ep again this week I thought. Really interesting to see where the uneasy alliance between Ollie and Malcolm will go (especially as it seemingly has gained the wrath of the League).

Was pretty happy to see the debut of Ra's - very quick cameo and hard to take a lot out of it (honestly didn't expect to see this so soon).

I reckon he has the look, not sure about the voice and presence yet though - will need to see more.
ras-al-ghul-arrow-111012.jpg

I usually don't care too much for the romance bits but for anyone who also watches flash, will be interesting to see what happens between Ollie, Felicity, Barry (especially after this week's ep) and potentially Ray Palmer...

I reckon his accent changed around 3 times in his speech.

Yeah I didn't know if it was just me looking out for it, but I could hear his Aussie accent at times, and sometimes I couldn't. Was a little weird.

What an absolute bore of an episode.

However, the Arrow vs League of Assassins should be pretty cool.

Get Laurel the * out. Seriously. Is there some sort of epidemic going on in Starling City that makes people want to learn how to kick ass?

Season has been pretty disappointing so far.

Seriously, how many times in an episode does one of the characters say "you were right" or "someone once told me"? So bloody annoying. It's like the characters can't think for themselves. Even thought the Red Arrow is cool, it frustrates me so much that he is so competent. Like mastering archery and acrobatics is something you can do overnight.

Not a very intimidating looking Ra's al Ghul that's for sure but see how we go. Definitely sensing a Merlyn and Arrow team up to deal with him.

At least he's an adult who looks like he has some life experience and not another prettyboy. This show is starting to lose me, it's just a whining soap opera with crime fighting now. Oliver is soft.

Delete thread.

The ending is going to be some kind of implanted memory. Good episode, could of been better, but gives more insight to Felicity

That Zork reference, and Felicity's mum looks like an old Emma Stone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saved on the special effects as there was no explosion.
I was actually thinking as he was preparing the rocket launcher "I wonder if they have the budget to do a huge explosion here?"

I don't see why they wouldn't. The Flash is produced by the same network and people and the special effects are very good and complex.

I know Ra's Al Ghu is the obvious choice for killing Sara but it's so expected that I kind of hope it ends up being someone else and so in that vain how about Roy as another long shot? Mad at Oliver because Roy chose to stay with him and lose Thea. Plus drugged or not, he did go on a bit of a rampage last season and killed an innocent cop (which isn't usually forgivable in TV land). Would fit Sara's reaction and possibly open the door for Thea to eventually step in as Speedy.

Called it weeks ago ;) although agree it could easily be a red herring, just a fever/guilt dream or something...

Still it fit her reaction and to be fair she also tried to kill Roy first.

Not sure what is going on with that last seen with Roy. I don't understand how or why he would have done that.
I don't think Roy did it. it the original scene you hear a bow being drawn, also if he threw it like in the last scene his finger prints would be on the arrow. And i doubt Roy would be able to get a hold of arrows that Felicity could not trace the origin of as she has done in the past. There is just no way that's how it went down.

I still think it will be Ra's that killed Sara, or someone on his orders. the Roy thing will be something for a week or 2. But i think it could be something like Ra's going back into mind control or Sub-planted memories, and he could put them on Roy because it would be something like there was a chemical element he created that was in the Miriku that allows him to enter someones mind.

I can see them trying to use some elements from stories like Tower of Babel.

Pretty cool ep I thought - the Brother eye hacking reminded me of a cross of Lord of The Rings and General Zod's broadcast from Man Of Steel.

The ending was also pretty cool (wish I didn't see the preview for the next ep though). They definitely needed to do something with Roy from a story point of view.

After everything that happened last season I would have been ok with Roy spending half a season just fighting alongside Oliver and giving some more time to other characters like Diggle and Ray Palmer. I was wondering if they'll use it to finish Oliver's name change, even if Roy is going to go by Arsenal once people get used to seeing the two fighting together like they did at the bank it'd be pretty logical for everyone to start referring to them as the Green Arrow and Red Arrow.

After everything that happened last season I would have been ok with Roy spending half a season just fighting alongside Oliver and giving some more time to other characters like Diggle and Ray Palmer. I was wondering if they'll use it to finish Oliver's name change, even if Roy is going to go by Arsenal once people get used to seeing the two fighting together like they did at the bank it'd be pretty logical for everyone to start referring to them as the Green Arrow and Red Arrow.

I think thats how the 2nd half of the season will play out re: Roy. He will just be sidekicking it once the real s**t starts going down.

had a feeling it might come back to the mikiku, Also could now be cupid depending on where they are going to take her, was an unexpected pull from deep in the DC character book. Other than being a little too young im liking what they are doing with wildcat. and finally some story for Katana. Good this week hope they can keep it up, not long till the Flash/Arrow crossover and mid-season final.

Boxing glove arrow. Haha.

Think I've realised what's been bugging me about Laurel now. Every scene for the last two seasons is her being angry/serious all the time. No time to lighten up (understandable given the circumstances, but still) so is always a downer. Roys in similar territory, but he doesn't get as much screen time.

had a feeling it might come back to the mikiku, Also could now be cupid depending on where they are going to take her, was an unexpected pull from deep in the DC character book. Other than being a little too young im liking what they are doing with wildcat. and finally some story for Katana. Good this week hope they can keep it up, not long till the Flash/Arrow crossover and mid-season final.

Yeah I don't think we've seen the last of Mirakuru regardless of whether that's Roy's deal this time around and seeing as there's only Roy and Slade left they can pretty much do what they want with partial returns or side effects. With the quality of the villains lately I'm just glad they didn't kill Slade and he's ready to come off the bench at some point.

The Wildcat intro has been ok and the actor's done fine imo but he looks so much like Karl Urban that I still wish they had got someone with as many wrinkles.

Not really psyched on Cupid (based on 1/2 a second of screen time) but it's funny, during the episode you see her earlier just as the camera pans by and I was thinking is she important... nah reading too much into it.... but as much as I enjoy Arrow it really doesn't do subtle or misdirection, if you notice anything odds are it'll pop up sooner or later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back