ASADA case against Essendon hanging by a thread (The Age, 1 Nov 14)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a straw man. The claim is just that a shop they shop at sells coke. More evidence is needed before it can be inferred that Essendon bought any of it.
The elephant in the room:

Neither Dank, nor Alavi, nor Charter can produce an invoice for Thymomdylin that would cover the alibi. So if ASADA can prove they bought in TB4 (they can), it says Thymosin on the consent forms, and Dank has even admitted in an interview he used TB4, that's getting very close to “comfortable satisfaction''.

The onus remains on ASADA to show that it went to EFC, of which there is currently no evidence (even worse, they have to demonstrate that TB4 was admnistered to each and every one of the 34 players).

Dank continued many paid activities outside of EFC, of which there is plenty of evidence, and one of which legally markets such substances to the general population.

Furthermore, there are multiple dealings between MRC and Charter/Alavi in such substances, right through the period in question.

There is no onus on the players to prove that's where the substances went, it's merely sufficient to show these sorts of substances were regularly going in that direction and that there is a good chance that ASADA has been jumping at shadows.

Well all we need to see then are the invoices for thymomodulin (or TA1 depending on today's story) paid by Essendon and the MRC invoices for all their other clients adding up to the right amount of TB4 procured for Dank and we're good to go. What? Don't have 'em? Why not?

Well all we need to see then are the invoices for thymomodulin (or TA1 depending on today's story) paid by Essendon and the MRC invoices for all their other clients adding up to the right amount of TB4 procured for Dank and we're good to go. What? Don't have 'em? Why not?

The onus is on ASADA to prove its allegations.

The players don't really have to do anything at all.

Mark McVeigh, a member of the player leadership group, became involved at this stage and subsequently testified to ASADA as follows: ‘So I spoke to Jobe [Watson] and we went up and weasked Jonah [Oliver] to come and take the minutes … and said, “[James] Hird, I reckon it’s important that we have a presentation, that (1) clearly defines what we’re taking; (2) [confirms that] it’s approved by ASADA and WADA and that everything’s above board, and the reasons why you might be given a supplement,” And [James Hird] said, “Yes, that’s very important; let’s get that done.” That was done within two days, and a presentation was provided to us in the auditorium. And that’s when the discussion of the consent forms were discussed in that meeting’.
(BF)

Its not genuine. There aren't any folds evident in the photo
What was I thinking!
pepsi1.jpg

Not sure if anybody posted:

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 52m52 minutes ago
AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal continued hearing today of past, present Essendon players & former employee who have been issued Infraction Notices

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 50m50 minutes ago
ASADA representative Mr Holmes QC continued opening submissions to detail evidence in ASADA's case against the 34 players & support person.

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 49m49 minutes ago
Tribunal also heard an application by legal representative of Essendon FC for him to be present and represent the club in the proceeding.

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 47m47 minutes ago
On considering various submissions & a previous decision for hearing to be private, Tribunal refused the request from Essendon lawyer. ends

ESSENDON has been blocked from sitting in on the anti-doping hearings that will decide the fate of its players.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ked-from-hearing/story-fni5f6kv-1227161015927

I don;t really agree, can read all the tips and kinds any way you want.

Eac h side just chooses what hints they want to read into.

You don't have to agree,Essendon are absolutely shitting themselves though. You just have to join the dots. From the same old same old nothing has changed agenda to.

Chip Le Grand ‏@Melbchief Dec 16
Let's be clear: most of the players didn't know one Thymosin from another. They signed up after being told it was permitted and safe.

The Red Sash ‏@The_Red_Sash Dec 16
All along they have said they know exactly what players were administered as per the official sign offs. Not what may have been substituted

Cerberus @tretestecane · 23h23 hours ago
Let's not forget, the gold Coast Suns are an AFL owned franchise. They did due diligence on their supplements program....right guys?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...m=twitter&nk=8511480a4cb3cf663dc5760419c28cec

and now Essendon trying to get a lawyer in to represent the club in a hearing they are not entitled to be in

It is clear as day

You don't have to agree,Essendon are absolutely shitting themselves though. You just have to join the dots. From the same old same old nothing has changed agenda to

Let's be clear: most of the players didn't know one Thymosin from another. They signed up after being told it was permitted and safe.

All along they have said they know exactly what players were administered as per the official sign offs. Not what may have been substituted

Let's not forget, the gold Coast Suns are an AFL owned franchise. They did due diligence on their supplements program....right guys?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...m=twitter&nk=8511480a4cb3cf663dc5760419c28cec

It is clear as day
I think its funny that Essendon lawyers aren't aloud at the tribunal, however they were never going to be allowed as they are not a party of the proceedings

Cerberus‏@tretestecane
Sit tight, be confident.

You don't have to agree,Essendon are absolutely shitting themselves though. You just have to join the dots. From the same old same old nothing has changed agenda to.

and now Essendon trying to get a lawyer in to represent the club in a hearing they are not entitled to be in

It is clear as day
Again, thats only personal opinion,, you're just as selective as anyone else.

I think its funny that Essendon lawyers aren't aloud at the tribunal, however they were never going to be allowed as they are not a party of the proceedings

Cerberus‏@tretestecane
Sit tight, be confident.

There was footage of him almost bursting into tears at the Fed Court case. He is one of the Essendon Lackeys on their legal team I am pretty sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if anybody posted:

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 52m52 minutes ago
AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal continued hearing today of past, present Essendon players & former employee who have been issued Infraction Notices

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 50m50 minutes ago
ASADA representative Mr Holmes QC continued opening submissions to detail evidence in ASADA's case against the 34 players & support person.

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 49m49 minutes ago
Tribunal also heard an application by legal representative of Essendon FC for him to be present and represent the club in the proceeding.

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 47m47 minutes ago
On considering various submissions & a previous decision for hearing to be private, Tribunal refused the request from Essendon lawyer. ends

ESSENDON has been blocked from sitting in on the anti-doping hearings that will decide the fate of its players.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ked-from-hearing/story-fni5f6kv-1227161015927
On what grounds did essendon ask to be there?

EFC get their turn if more than two players found guilty.

Players are in dock and Dank not the club.

Again, thats only personal opinion,, you're just as selective as anyone else.

I am selective, I am biased and I do want ASADA to win.It's not because I hate Essendon, it's not because I hate Hird and it's definitely not because I am a vindictive campaigner (I admit I can be a campaigner sometimes), it's because they are Guilty of doping their players and deserve everything that comes their way.

You are not the only person who speaks to experts

Not the point. It's still ASADA that have to prove the intention was the banned form.

Likewise I could argue why name something that even hints of a banned substance - Dank could have gotten creating and called them something even more generic.
Well the case will put together the orders for TB4, the purchase of TB4, the delivery to Alavi for compounding, invoices, delivery to the club, dosages etc. If the consents state thymosin and everything else points to TB4 then the tribunal are likely to be satisfied TB4 was used.

The onus remains on ASADA to show that it went to EFC, of which there is currently no evidence (even worse, they have to demonstrate that TB4 was admnistered to each and every one of the 34 players).

Dank continued many paid activities outside of EFC, of which there is plenty of evidence, and one of which legally markets such substances to the general population.

Furthermore, there are multiple dealings between MRC and Charter/Alavi in such substances, right through the period in question.

There is no onus on the players to prove that's where the substances went, it's merely sufficient to show these sorts of substances were regularly going in that direction and that there is a good chance that ASADA has been jumping at shadows.

Actually no

Danks main job was with efc

Charter and Alavi understood he was purchasing for efc

There is therefore a reasonable chance that was where tb4 ended up, especially with Thymosin on the consent form

If dank sent the supps elsewhere, the players need to prove it

Well the case will put together the orders for TB4, the purchase of TB4, the delivery to Alavi for compounding, invoices, delivery to the club, dosages etc. If the consents state thymosin and everything else points to TB4 then the tribunal are likely to be satisfied TB4 was used.
And how do you know ASADA have all of that?

The defence will be able to point to the fact that at all times during which Dank was employed with the bombers, he remained an active director of MRC (a company which sold such substances through its anti-aging clinics), and he also continued to deal directly with other clients (as we saw in the example of the Carlton coach).

So I don't believe Dank taking possession of TB4 is sufficient (if that ever happened).

Seems an easy loophole for a sportsman or team. Just have your assigned rogue employee have another business involving dealing in substances legal apart from in Wada compliant sports.

You would think the tribunal would be very suspicious in this case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back