ASADA case against Essendon hanging by a thread (The Age, 1 Nov 14)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Minister gets involved then he is corrupting the process; minister doesn't get involved and leaves the agency to do as it pleases, then he is negligent.

As for whether there will an inquiry, well the proper starting point is the Senate Estimates Committee and not only did it happen, but it was televised.

Senate Estimates Committee are standard for all Government Departments - Whereas a Senate Enquiry or Judicial Enquiry requires political will.

Slobbo

It is understood evidence from biochemist Shane Charter and compounding chemist Nima Alavi has been ruled admissible by the AFL tribunal this week — but it is expected be given less weight because the pair has refused to appear and could not be cross-examined.

Two threads of carbon nanotube instead of one.
1.gif

So ASADA asked the Federal Government to review the case ? Government Deprtments usually avoid at all costs, anyone appointed by the Government to review a case. Government Departments even hate having a visit from the auditors.

Since when??? An audit can assist you to run a department, ethically and responsibly. Sure it's usually attached to a lot of work, but worthwhile.

So are you guessing, on all subjects now?

ASADA already brought in Richard Young from the USA to work on the case. And I imagine that ASADA employed other experts in the investigation. Of course ASADA amd the Government service has enough legal staff - Each Department has a legal team and of course we have an Attorney General's Department. It would be staggering if the Federal Public Service, didn't have enough legal people.

I asked a simple question - Show me the precedent for the Government appointing a Retired Judge to review an ongoing investigation from ASADA ?

Who cares, it worked. Asada blew essendon and hird apart in the federal court and then hird got some more at the appeal court.

Seems to me like asada are doing things well.

Just made another 340 million if the take over of toll by japan post goes thru $$$$$

How does the old saying go. "A fool and his money are soon parted." Guess the menagerie of legal boffins won't have any problem being paid then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when??? An audit can assist you to run a department, ethically and responsibly. Sure it's usually attached to a lot of work, but worthwhile.

So are you guessing, on all subjects now?

I have worked for a Government Department for many years - Auditors are considered a pain in the arse.

I disagree, for some it is not so. But understand if you feel that way.

I suggest that auditors are even considered a pain in the arse in the private sector.

I have worked for a Government Department for many years - Auditors are considered a pain in the arse.

I used to audit govt depts, work is probably a bit of an over statement. More like you exist or occupy space.

Laziest *s I have ever encountered.

Well, obviously not as a branch head. I take them as a gain of salt, they're there to improve your processes in accordance with law or policy.

To the simple minded, sure is a pain gathering data, however, it highlights gaps in your business; which any manager should take interest in.

I suggest that auditors are even considered a pain in the arse in the private sector.

I used to audit govt depts, work is probably a bit of an over statement. More like you exist or occupy space.

Laziest ****s I have ever encountered.

Auditors are like Dementors. They suck the happiness out of everyone. I've never met one I've liked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back