No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hird goes and then wins his case or tells his unrestrained story. This will put an enormous amount of supporter pressure back on the club.

So we've sacked a favorite son and a great of our club who is free to coach etc..it will knaw away at the place for a long time. Realistically only a premiership (quickly) would satiate a huge part of the supporter base Imo.
Spot on

What the Eagles were up to in those days should come as no surprise to anybody.

A couple of players from rival clubs from that era mentioned it and were told to pull their heads in.

Remember:

Dale Lewis from the Swans telling it how it was in Perth?

The Chad Fletcher near death incident on the end of season trip?

Kerr and the phone call about horse drugs?

Daniel Chic being pulled over by the police with interesting cargo on board?

Bad Benny Cousins fleeing from his Merc and doing an impromptu triathlon in his clothes?

Look they say drugs are bad but I dont mind them...my acid flashbacks are stuck in the year 2000, good times!

Why don't we just change this thread title to 'STRICKLY HIRD SUPPORTERS ONLY'.....and start another asada thread for more balanced opinions.

What, like calling Hird a selfish prick?

* that.

What, like calling Hird a selfish prick?

**** that.
He's said all along that it's all about the players but here he is challenging and dragging this thing out longer in spite of the direct wishes of the players. With that in mind people aren't allowed to come to the opinion he might be acting a bit selfishly?

I'm not saying they're right or you're right. I'm just saying there's going to be different opinions. Stop abusing people who don't share yours.

If one thing comes out of this it's the opinion I have of fellow posters in here. My opinion of some has raised dramatically, not about what they are saying but the resolve! We have some true true fans in here.... It's easy to see the fair weather lot just flapping from issue to issue hysterically... But the true people have stuck to their word, which ever side they took.

i havent heard anything about this for 12 hours other than Hird didnt attend the BF so -

Is there definitely a board meeting today?

Hearing it is a emergency board meeting conducted over the phone not in person

If one thing comes out of this it's the opinion I have of fellow posters in here. My opinion of some has raised dramatically, not about what they are saying but the resolve! We have some true true fans in here.... It's easy to see the fair weather lot just flapping from issue to issue hysterically... But the true people have stuck to their word, which ever side they took.
Steadfastly sticking to a point of view in spite of changing circumstance doesn't always demonstrate resolve. It could be said to demonstrate close mindedness and unwillingness to adapt.

"When the facts change I change my mind, what do you do sir?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough I'm more interested to see what Hird says about Evans and Demetriou now that he will be in court as a non EFC/AFL employee than seeing us play in 2015. I think we will finally get the truth.

Wonder if Hirdy will get Dank in there too?

Which is exsctly why this is now the best thing for all parties.

Steadfastly sticking to a point of view in spite of changing circumstance doesn't always demonstrate resolve. It could be said to demonstrate close mindedness and unwillingness to adapt.

"When the facts change I change my mind, what do you do sir?"

Well I.know what I dont do, I dont run around with my arms in the air flapping and pointing fingers, it wreaks of impulsive view

Well I.know what I dont do, I dont run around with my arms in the air flapping and pointing fingers, it wreaks of impulsive view
Few people are running around with their arms flapping in their air. Except the people screaming how it's all a conspiracy by the AFL and ASADA.

I think the club want to appeal, but the players have had enough and want to deal with the scn. In this instance I think the media have been successful in getting to and influencing the players. I don't begrudge them at all, they are the ones who have had to deal with it and want it to be over before another season suffers from it.

It does sit uncomfortably with me a little how it appears to be playing out with bomber, but I will reserve judgement on that.

OK so after a night to cool off it comes down to one question for mine, which has been reported completely differently depending on what you read.

Will Hird appealing put the players' SCNs "on ice"?

The answer to this q is huge for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back