No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure we already knew this but yes, good work on the club having to spell everything out for the incompetent media.

Man, how lucky are we?

A full time coach doing his utmost to get us into a finals campaign, whilst having a head coach preparing for 2015 a full month before any other team.

This could be a massive advantage for us heading into the draft and help minimise the impact of the draft sanctions, let alone the pre-draft list management decisions and pre-season planning.

Yep, only question left for me is whether Bomber will be back next season as an assistant, really hope we can keep him onboard.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-07-25/club-statement

Essendon chairman Paul Little said how delighted he is to have James Hird back in Australia and ready to resume as senior coach in 2015.

“Before James’ departure overseas it was agreed we would need to sit down and clarify his role for the remainder of the 2014 season when he returned, “ Little said.

“The principle agreed on was heavily influenced by what was in the best interests of the club and, most importantly, the players.”

“Earlier this week I met with James, general manager of football performance Neil Craig, CEO Xavier Campbell and 2014 senior coach Mark Thompson to discuss what is in the best interest of the club and more specifically the playing group, as we prepare for what we all hope will be an active finals campaign.”

“As a result, we have all agreed that when James is eligible to return to the club on 25 August, James’ focus will be entirely on the 2015 season – he will not be in the coaching box or have an active coaching role at training.

“In that time period between 25 August until our final game of the season, James will take the opportunity to begin planning the upcoming pre-season, list management, recruiting and preparation for 2015 away from the club.”

“Due to the considerable interest in this matter, we think it is important to clarify this today so that everyone understands how the club is approaching the next couple of months and there is no room for confusion or speculation.”

“Everyone at the Essendon Football Club looks forward to welcoming James back to the club when he returns as senior coach for the 2015 season.”

James Hird has made the following statement about his return.

“As much as I would dearly love to have jumped straight back into working with the team, I am determined that whatever role I play should in no way act as a distraction from the 2014 campaign,” Hird said

“I would like to congratulate the club on what has been achieved so far this year. In very tough circumstances, the Club has demonstrated great strength and resilience.”

“As I will not be making any further public comments in relation to any matter, including the Federal Court case, I ask the media respect the privacy of my family– I know you all have jobs to do but given that I will not be making any comment on anything, I ask you to please respect my privacy.”

“I love the Essendon Football Club, its players and the game of Australian Rules Football.”

“I am excited about the future for our club and look forward to getting back involved.”

tl;dr?

Little to media: Hird is going to coach next year, Bomber is going to coach this year. Got it you dipshits?

Hird to media: Stoked to be back, looking forward to getting on with it. Now get the * off my lawn

As it should be & I suspect has been since Bomber agreed to take over. The media have been the only ones desperate for a resolution one way or the other & I am sure they will be spewing they wont be able to publish all those fake outrage headlines because Hird made an appearance in the coaching box or on the training track.

Caros workmates better check her desk draws & remove all sharp objects.

Yep, all the ambo chasers will be disappointed this has been nipped in the bud 3 days before the great man was even supposed to be back in the country!

Less headlines, less clicks, less foam, less 'fauxtrage'.

Cop it, campaigners.

Can't believe Hird isn't helping the boys in a finals campaign. Making it all about himself.

#Parrot

I mean what a selfish piece of s**t. His suspension ends before the finals, yet he doesn't even want to help the club. Those poor players, let down by Hird again.

Yep, only question left for me is whether Bomber will be back next season as an assistant, really hope we can keep him onboard.
I honestly think we should get prepared for post Bomber in 2015. Unless Hird is forced down for other reasons.

“Earlier this week I met with James, general manager of football performance Neil Craig, CEO Xavier Campbell and 2014 senior coach Mark Thompson to discuss what is in the best interest of the club and more specifically the playing group, as we prepare for what we all hope will be an active finals campaign.”

Did I miss something....COO is he not?

Did I miss something....COO is he not?

It's at the end of the video. He was moved into the position last night

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-07-25/club-statement
“Earlier this week I met with James, general manager of football performance Neil Craig, CEO Xavier Campbell and 2014 senior coach Mark Thompson to discuss what is in the best interest of the club and more specifically the playing group, as we prepare for what we all hope will be an active finals campaign.””

Only just noticed this, hadnt heard any official announcement that Xavier had been appointed CEO - one less thing for the media to criticise us about now.:thumbsu:

Man, how lucky are we?

A full time coach doing his utmost to get us into a finals campaign, whilst having a head coach preparing for 2015 a full month before any other team.

This could be a massive advantage for us heading into the draft and help minimise the impact of the draft sanctions, let alone the pre-draft list management decisions and pre-season planning.

I daresay Hirdy won't be needing whatever the required break is for all personnel so we'll have three months of dedicated, full-time preparation for 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What?! HIRD made the decision to take a back seat until 2015 and the club EMBRACED IT?!?! How dare they, the spineless worms!

The club shouldn't be agreeing to anything Hird suggests at all! They should make him get back in the box and start coaching ASAP! Not a good look!

/caro

Yep, as suggested elsewhere, the Hird's really should have installed a kick ass sprinkler system in their front yard by now or atleast a decent hose

hosing.png
Automatic motion-detector-controlled, high pressure instant action, sourced from 'waste water' ?

Damo to now go balls deep into the Fletcher "situation" given Jim's preparing the list for 2015.

It's at the end of the video. He was moved into the position last night
Right...so is he acting in the role or been permanently apponted?

If the latter you'd reckon it might be slightly better communicated to the public.....reasonably significant development.

Another attempt... I know some doesn't quite scan but it's a Bob Dylan song so who cares. He didn't.

Crime Commission gave us all a terrible fright
Uncle Vladimir put through a secretive call
These sports scientist dudes are peddling their crud
Stephen Dank, that charlatan, is in for a fall

Here comes the story of a coach named James
The man the authorities came to blame
For something he tangentially done
Drafted a little man named Dell, and many times,
At full forward he named Hurls...

Evans, Robson, Hird from the EFC
A “journo” labelled Caro writing copy of acrimony
“We don’t know,” they say and they throw up their hands
“Wally did the spreadsheet, I hope you understand.”
“Hamstrings pinged and we just had to stop,”
“But now apparently you’re bringing in the cops”

And like Baker sharpening stops,
Or Lance Franklin making a scene, and then go crashing
Introduced by Jennifer Keyte…

Meanwhile at that club supported by Craig Lowndes
Ziggy played guitar, came in, and then frowned
“In crazy experiments you’ve all surely drowned”
“You have no idea what kinda s**t is about to go down”

And Reimo got interviewed by a little toad
Who got his credentials from a Wheaties pack
As peptides go, remember that Trent Croad
Fairax said, you might as well just go, or feel the heat
No evidence there in that broadsheet.

Caro, McKenzie, Baker went after the Essendon Four
Phatprick and Jonno Mayo Ralphy were nosing for the brown
Charter said “There’s all sorts of juice in that freight”
“I got a shocking record, but why not trust me mate?”

And Stephen Dank really struggled for cred
Weap said “Wait a minute boys, this sash is red!”
So the club was set for great infamy
Though the rules broken we could not see
Too many, of these great blokes, are all each others’ friends...

Round 17 or so Wonka brings players in
“I’m here to help you with all sorts of these affairs”
Two Jakes on their phones with sleep in their eyes
Caro at the pulpit; the end is surely nigh!

Here comes the story of the coach named James
The man the authorities came to blame
For something he tangentially done
Drafted a little man named Dell, and many times,
At full forward he named Hurls...

In due course the douchebag brother of Hame
Issuing threats while crying, Gillon his name
Hird must take the fall, so mighty is his mane
The rest of the world is watching, he should probably take the blame

Mehican drugs left up in a jar
Salary cap payments going to the Bar
Melksham’s strength around the core
Healy said was drugs for sure, must be right
No facts does he yet cite

Deano Weapo Robbo said “That fridge has a door”
Say that again, "Black Ops is the stake"
Dons said “You stuffed up now you’re speaking to that witch Caro”
“The stripe up your back has a distinct shade of yellow”
“You aint getting your name on a Tulla paver”
“You can’t even lick the boots of Kenneth Fraser”

Weapon said, “Well, that Hird’s a cur”
“We have to look into this further, and him,
He ain’t no Gentleman Jim”

Fletcher flattened Cripps with a brutal crunch
It seemed to us the players didn’t care that much
“The enthusiasm’s gone, we just wanted to play”
“With all this nasty press it’s hard to get through the day”

Into the baths of freezing ice
The finals campaign was scotched in a trice
And the appeal was made of fail
And Robbo adjourned to the alehouse
“But Gerard, that Hirdy is real grouse…”

James Hird met the press with his look askance
A bit like that TV role that’s now played by Charles Dance
“I just wanted my small forwards to be able to get the crumb.”
“I had no idea that the public were actually this dumb.”

And Daniel Chick was missing his left ring-finger
But into this story he doesn’t really figure
And the EFC asked us to Stand as One
But going to the footy’s not all much fun, when creeds
Are beset with avarice and greed...

Once again we knew that Gillon cried
Fitzpatrick laid down the charges, then he testified
With the interim report, balance, thought and reason died
And the newspapers they all went along for the ride

How can the sport of this great land
Be in the palms of these fools hands?
To us humbled and truly shamed
Couldn’t help but make me feel ashamed, to live in a land,
Where justice is a game...

Now all the commissioners with their words and lies
Can move along unfettered, left with no ties
While Essendon still tries to get games into Dell
Hird is in France; a living hell

But it won’t be over till they clear his name
And give him back the time he’s done
And leave him free to tell, those ten times,
At full forward, when he did name Big Hurls...

Amazing the lines you don't have to change...

Another attempt... I know some doesn't quite scan but it's a Bob Dylan song so who cares. He didn't.

Amazing the lines you don't have to change...

Far too much time on your hands :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back