No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the verdict is found to be not guilty, then you could probably assume that the staff that have departed were seen to have been key players in overseeing the governance of the affair; with no more staff requiring to go unless the club addresses this otherwise.

I would suggest that if there is an element of guilt found, that there will be more blood letting, as it would be called for by the members themselves. So the potential is still there for the instance of a "wave of sackings" to occur - awaiting the outcome.

No, no, no.
The outcome will be decided by legalities (what evidence is admissable, burden of proof required), with perhaps an element of the Tribunal's (if it gets that far) gut feel of how to interpret the circumstantial "evidence".
It will in no way establish the truth as to whether any player was administered anything illegal.
The idea that a guilty verdict and suspensions must mean that people will be sacked, and a not guilty verdict means the opposite, is too simplistic.
There will a large number of people, EFC supporters and non supporters, who will think this way, but I can't agree with it.

It's seemed to me for a long time that we've gone from a situation where the AFL / VFL existed solely to enable footy clubs to play football, to a situation where the footy clubs exist just to enable the AFL to make money.

The AFL's gone from being the administrator / coordinator of the game to thinking that it 'owns' football, and everyone else works for it.

Yeah agree, & it doesnt help when the average punter picks up the paper & reads that the outgoing CEO is going to receive a $3mill handshake for his troubles - we all expect that type of corporate behaviour from the banks & global enterprises (cause they are the real campaigners, right:confused:), not sporting leagues...times are a changing

I'm not taking any side here, but my impression is that the sackings/retirements have occurred directly related to the saga. In saying that, currently there has been no verdict either way.

If the verdict is found to be not guilty, then you could probably assume that the staff that have departed were seen to have been key players in overseeing the governance of the affair; with no more staff requiring to go unless the club addresses this otherwise.

I would suggest that if there is an element of guilt found, that there will be more blood letting, as it would be called for by the members themselves. So the potential is still there for the instance of a "wave of sackings" to occur - awaiting the outcome.

Again, I didn't say they weren't related to the saga, just that they weren't sackings. That's literally my entire point, in response to yaco using a phrase similar to "wave of sackings". I wasn't putting forward a position on whether they would have been sacked if they hadn't resigned, whether they should have left the club or not etc. Literally the only thing I'm trying to say is they weren't sacked.

I think it's related to the member who whose membership was cancelled earlier in the year. Some astute people noted there was no actual code of conduct for members but it was mentioned in our constitution.

Geez they must have been some highly intelligent, and probably ridiculously good looking people that picked that up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you have no idea about what Bomber wants, how is it that you can say with such certainty that he is only towing the club line and insinuate that what he said about the media influencing the decision about Hird's return was incorrect?

I am saying that if there is bad blood between Hird and Thompson ( which I doubt ) Thompson or anyone from the club will not say this in public. It's bit like the Hird/Evans falling out last year - Everything was hunky dory in the press, and they even hugged before a game - But Evans was gone a few days later.

Dave

Doubt that EFC or Jobe knew about the reneged ASL/AFL agreement when he spoke about AOD.

Maybe not, but I'm sure they knew about the advice that ASADA had been giving people about it and were pretty confident it wouldn't be an issue.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...04-declared-safe/story-e6frg9lo-1227008477408

AOD9604 is safe now, so I guess the Essendon players won't be dropping dead from that one anytime soon
Is that new or old ?

The quote below is from an April 2013 article - http://www.jofem.org/index.php/jofem/article/view/157/194 :
Recently, AOD9604 was determined by an appropriately qualified GRAS panel of experts who are qualified by scientific training and experience to be ‘Generally Recognized As Safe’ (GRAS) under conditions of intended uses of AOD9604 in foods.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean all that much aside from a few shits and giggle.

So it has the combined effect of a Laxative and Laughing Gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back