No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain for me what the role of the federal court judge actually is, and how it relates to the ADRVP? Is his job to assess whether there is enough evidence to issue show cause notices? If so, why would a lack of ADRVP members slow that process?
Exactly what you said re: judge, if he tell ASADA their case is strong they take it to the ADVRP. This panel does seem redundant.

Another 3 months???

Jesus **** christ do these blokes know what they are doing? I thought bringing the judge in was to speed the process up not **** delay it.

Sounds like the judge is just as incompetent as Asada.

The judges report is still supposed to be finished in a few days, but it is the new panel members that is the issue now - they need to get their heads around what has happened etc, which apparently the old panel was all over like a cheap suit until some of them got handed their hats...bureaucracy at it's finest & our tax dollars hard at work, why do things once when you can do them twice:drunk:...

Last edited:

BREAKING NEWS:

Power brokers from the federal government and investigating authorities in the drugs in sport saga are rumoured to have called an emergency meeting in order to hasten the increasingly drawn out investigation into the controversial supplement programs at the AFL club Essendon and NRL club and the Cronulla Sharks. Exclusive pictures of the meeting were captured by the best news breaker in the business, the Purple Helmet.
image.jpg

& meanwhile at minister Dutton's office...

wildlife-monkeys-hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil-500x375.jpg

Surely the longer this drags on the more likely players will escape bans.
The only reason it's being dragged out now is for ASADA to save their ass. If they had anything on the players they'd have done something by now.

They don't want the second most evil person in human history to embarrass them in a federal court

And if you want an example of how far 'the establishment and its underlings will go to cover its own arse, take a look at ESPN's 30 for 30 on Hillsborough tonight. One of the most disgusting cover-ups you could imagine.
I had exactly the same thought. Particularly striking was the 'moment the lie was created that started the myth'.. in the heat of the moment the Police Chief starts a lie to cover his butt... and it takes 25 years to debunk that ONE lie. Sadly, devastatingly, how many lives ruined because of one sentence, on lie, that began a cover up and besmirching of characters that extended for decades.

I was immediately drawn to the same moment in our own saga, when the lie became the myth and thus became the accepted fact. I wonder if James Hird will still be fighting for justice in 25 years... I have no doubt that the truth always struggles to come out.. and it will in this case as well.

Hillsborough was/is a tragedy.. and yes that was a good documentary but it still didn't capture the full horrific travesty that has occurred from 1pm on that day and is ongoing.

Question

I thought that the ADRVP was a separate organisation to ASADA and operated at arm's length. Surely ASADA investigates a matter ( referring to non-positive test ) and decides if a case should be sent to the ADRVP,who then decide whether to act on ASADA's investigation. I can't see any reason why ASADA and the ADRVP would be discussing cases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question

I thought that the ADRVP AFL was a separate organisation to ASADA and operated at arm's length. Surely ASADA investigates a matter ( referring to non-positive test ) and decides if a case should be sent to the ADRVP,who then decide whether to act on ASADA's investigation. I can't see any reason why ASADA and the ADRVP AFL would be discussing cases.

EFA :p

And the circus continues
Key anti-doping panel member withdraws from Stephen Dank case over potential conflict of interest

• News Corp Australia
  • April 23, 2014 1:02PM

Stephen Dank is due to face the Anti-Doping Rule Violation Panel after being issued a show-cause notice by ASADA. Picture: Jon Hargest Source: News Limited

ASADA’S attempts to pursue Stephen Dank have hit another hurdle with a key panel member pulling out of the case.

Former Australian Institute of Sport director Dr Peter Fricker, who was appointed to the Anti-Doping Rule Violation Panel three weeks ago by the Federal Government, has a potential conflict of interest over past dealings with Dank.

Dank was expected to face to the panel this month after ASADA issued a show cause notice alleging 34 possible anti-doping breaches.

The Australian reports Fricker visited Dank in Qatar in 2012 to discuss a proposed clinical trial involving controversial anti-obesity drug AOD6904.

At the time Dank was not under investigation over his role in Essendon’s supplement program.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...lict-of-interest/story-fni5f6kv-1226893360963

Peter Fricker, an experienced and highly respected sports physician and former director of the Australian Institute of Sport, declared his potential conflict to Minister for Sport Peter Dutton prior to his appointment to the Anti-Doping Rule Violation Panel three weeks ago.

So the minister knew beforehand that this bloke wouldn't be able to adjudicate on Dank, so why appoint him now? Nobody else want the job? Didn't understand what 'potential conflict' means?

No way this is getting sorted out this year let alone this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back