No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it;s ok to lift stuff from Francis's posts on BB - I hadn't heard of this before, has got me scratching my chin...

On 19 October 2011 (the first day of 2012 pre-season training), Dr Bruce Reid phoned the AFL’s medical officer, Dr Peter Harcourt, and told him that Dean Robinson had given the Essendon players a substance called Tribulus without his permission. Dr Reid was not only concerned that he had been marginalised but that Tribulus was a WADA prohibited substance. Marginalising Dr Reid was a possible breach of the AFL’s Anti-Doping Code, and Dr Harcourt was required to report the possible breach immediately. Clause 4.6 of the AFL’s anti-doping code says: “Where reasonable and as soon as the AFL becomes aware that a possible Anti-Doping Rule Violation may have occurred, the AFL will immediately advise ASADA of the possible violation. The AFL will provide ASADA with all information pertaining to the possible Anti-Doping Rule Violation.”
Marginalising the club doctor may be an ADRV ?

I presume from the language Francis used it's not a clear ADRV, but might fall under some vague and / or generic clause. It's hard to know just how obvious it was that this might be an ADRV, and hard to know how - if at all - negligent the AFL were to not report it to ASADA.

Ive read through all the Francis stuff, god its a good read.

If i was going to cry "conspiracy" this would be as far as i would go-

Reid reports substance used on player to Harcourt.
Harcourt goes through channels at AFL citing possible breach
AFL decides that a one off instance is not a good look but not a major problem worth reporting and they dont want a doping investigation. They decide to conceal this fact and it is not taken further.
Steps to have to be taken though to ensure that further problems dont arise, Essendon parties are hauled before hte AFL for a small meeting warning them.
Essendon (note the club not Hird) through appauling managment continues with its supplements program due to not believing they were doing anything wrong. The situation is allowed to fester with the various other reports by Reid to Harcourt on the further 3 times dank/robinson step outside protocol.
As the AFL gain knowledge of the investigation into Sport and Dank they grow increasingly concerned that doping may have occured that they not only had records of but did not act on.
It was decided that the issue being Dank and Robinson and that they had worked at other clubs they needed to control this so decided Essendon was the diseased limb that needed the chop.
Cue "self reporting", narrative control and sacrificial lambs in Reid, Thompson and Hird.

Marginalising the club doctor may be an ADRV ?

I presume from the language Francis used it's not a clear ADRV, but might fall under some vague and / or generic clause. It's hard to know just how obvious it was that this might be an ADRV, and hard to know how - if at all - negligent the AFL were to not report it to ASADA.

Read more to me like Reid reporting a possible ped breach with Tribulus (whatever the hell that is) & that under it's code, the AFL has no option but to bring ASADA in.

Read more to me like Reid reporting a possible ped breach with Tribulus (whatever the hell that is) & that under it's code, the AFL has no option but to bring ASADA in.

Clothier has claimed that we were warned off all peptides which are the devil according to him. He implied they were all banned.

Reid reported use of Tribilus (a quick search by me shows not banned but hardly looked deeply into it) Under the AFL's code this needed to be reported, however was not.

So either Clothier is lying about stating what he did about peptides or the AFL neglected its duty to report the use of a substance.

If we stick to my conspiracy theory above id say its the latter.

(p) Tribulus: Tribulus terrestris, also known as puncture vine, is a herb used in the traditional medicine of China and India for centuries. It is most often used for infertility, erectile dysfunction, and low libido. It became popular among athletes in the mid-1990s, after eastern European Olympic athletes said taking it helped their performance. Research has failed to show any benefit. It is not banned by WADA.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/what-drugs-are-they-on-about-20130822-2seks.html

If the players take a deal, why should James hird be sacked???
NRL players took the deal, their coach has served his suspension and is now back at the helm.
Yet there is no media outlet asking for him to be sacked.
Because players taking deals means they agree they were doped, and therefore Hird was the head coach of, and oversaw a team that was doped. He would have to go under these circumstances.

Hope it;s ok to lift stuff from Francis's posts on BB - I hadn't heard of this before, has got me scratching my chin...

AFL Medical Officer, Dr Peter Harcourt

On 19 October 2011 (the first day of 2012 pre-season training), Dr Bruce Reid phoned the AFL’s medical officer, Dr Peter Harcourt, and told him that Dean Robinson had given the Essendon players a substance called Tribulus without his permission. Dr Reid was not only concerned that he had been marginalised but that Tribulus was a WADA prohibited substance. Marginalising Dr Reid was a possible breach of the AFL’s Anti-Doping Code, and Dr Harcourt was required to report the possible breach immediately. Clause 4.6 of the AFL’s anti-doping code says: “Where reasonable and as soon as the AFL becomes aware that apossible [my emphasis] Anti-Doping Rule Violation may have occurred, the AFL will immediately advise ASADA of the possible violation. The AFL will provide ASADA with all information pertaining to the possible Anti-Doping Rule Violation.”

Dr Harcourt failed to report the matter to ASADA. Like Clothier’s inertia, if Dr Harcourt had fulfilled his responsibilities, the whole saga may not have occurred.
Is this course of events genuine?

Caro's byline copping a beating lately, she should stick to her Oped/gossip and leave the reporting to those who respect accuracy.

Hird has been sacked. (False)
Hird to be removed in coming days. (False)
Thompson has been sacked. (False)

The Thompson claim is so stupid because he publically stated he doesn't want to go back to being an assistant anyway.

Caro's byline copping a beating lately, she should stick to her Oped/gossip and leave the reporting to those who respect accuracy.

Hird has been sacked. (False)
Hird to be removed in coming days. (False)
Thompson has been sacked. (False)

The Thompson claim is so stupid because he publically stated he doesn't want to go back to being an assistant anyway.
She's completely lost the plot lately. Even when it has nothing to do with Essendon, all logic and coherence has gone by the wayside.

http://heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/i...ves-same-results/story-fni5f22o-1227135533734
THE WHISPER

Some wealthy Essendon supporters have been approached about investing in a documentary about the club’s drugs saga.

It’s believed music guru Michael Gudinski, who was behind the successful Ben Cousins documentary which was a ratings winner for Channel Seven, is involved.
http:/heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ice-baths-could-become-thing-of-the-past-as-new-study-shows-warm-water-gives-same-results/story-fni5f22o-1227135533734

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This can go here too: www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/fate-of-essendon-coach-james-hird-and-bombers-board-could-be-decided-by-members/story-fnp04d70-1227136098058

ESSENDON chairman Paul Little plans to put the fate of coach James Hird, and Little’s board, to Bombers members if players are found guilty of doping.

An emergency meeting where the members would “have a say on the future direction” of the club’s leadership and coaching would be necessary, Little has told the Herald Sun.

In an exclusive interview, Little said he would not resign and indicated Hird would not be sacked if the players were found guilty. That would be up to the club’s 60,000 members.

Maybe yaco will get his EGM after all.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...m=twitter&nk=ffd4f030cd599272e3c50273c4540e98
Parents of Essendon players involved in doping saga briefed on on-going fight
189638-11071798-7555-11e4-95cb-53e820554b16.jpg

Essendon players during pre-season training. Source: Robert Prezioso / Getty Images

PARENTS of the 34 current and former Essendon players facing doping charges were told their sons had become pawns in a political game at a meeting at the club’s’ Tullamarine base on Tuesday night.

The briefing, chaired by David Grace, QC, on behalf of the AFL Players’ Association legal team, brought the parents up to date on matters surrounding the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal hearings tentatively set for December 15.

MEMBERS COULD DECIDE HIRD, BOARD’S FATE

Q&A: LITTLE DENIES ATTEMPT TO SACK HIRD

The case is expected to take about three weeks to run.

It is understood Essendon officials, including chief executive Xavier Campbell were present at Essendon’s training base, but did not sit in on the meeting in order to preserve the anonymity of the players.

Chairman Paul Little and football department boss Rob Kerr were also expected to be on site.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...m=twitter&nk=ffd4f030cd599272e3c50273c4540e98

AFL Medical Officer, Dr Peter Harcourt

On 19 October 2011 (the first day of 2012 pre-season training), Dr Bruce Reid phoned the AFL’s medical officer, Dr Peter Harcourt, and told him that Dean Robinson had given the Essendon players a substance called Tribulus without his permission. Dr Reid was not only concerned that he had been marginalised but that Tribulus was a WADA prohibited substance. Marginalising Dr Reid was a possible breach of the AFL’s Anti-Doping Code, and Dr Harcourt was required to report the possible breach immediately. Clause 4.6 of the AFL’s anti-doping code says: “Where reasonable and as soon as the AFL becomes aware that apossible [my emphasis] Anti-Doping Rule Violation may have occurred, the AFL will immediately advise ASADA of the possible violation. The AFL will provide ASADA with all information pertaining to the possible Anti-Doping Rule Violation.”

Dr Harcourt failed to report the matter to ASADA. Like Clothier’s inertia, if Dr Harcourt had fulfilled his responsibilities, the whole saga may not have occurred.

Tribulus is the stuff naturopaths give legally to boost libido - often called horny goat weed I believe. Not banned by WADA as far as I know but is an exotic (erotic for David Evans) supplement.

Little said a win would enable Hird to do a long-awaited interview about the wretched 2012 season and it’s aftermath.

He conceded Hird had been gagged by the club.

“You couldn’t have everyone giving their views on what did and didn’t happen when we were in an environment where we didn’t know what happened and we didn’t know where it was going to end,” he said.

“We were trying to control the messaging and one of the downsides of that is James hasn’t had the chance to re-engage.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...cided-by-members/story-e6frf3e3-1227136098058

Farewell to the most useless Sports Minister in modern political history. Unfortunately her government entitlements will last long after this ASADA debacle is but a distant memory
Kate Lundy ‏@KateLundy 42m42 minutes ago
I have just told @Canberra_Labor members at our annual dinner that I will not be contesting the next election: http://bit.ly/1uVrdEO
I have no doubt she was acting under direction but I'll never vote Labor again regardless.. which leaves me in a tight spot since I hate the Liberals.

I have no doubt she was acting under direction but I'll never vote Labor again regardless.. which leaves me in a tight spot since I hate the Liberals.
Seems a bit of a trivial reason to sway your voting IMO...

EDIT: I should clarify this because I'm the last person in the world to say football is trivial to me - I moved 3000kms for the sport.

What I mean to say is that it seems a bit trivial to sway your voting because a political party was playing politics. Yes, it was bad politics and it didn't help our situation, but our situation was our own doing and not the doing of a desperate government trying to play politics to deflect attention from their inability to sell the message of their policies. Just my opinion but political parties actually have influence on people's lives, I don't think choosing a party because they played politics over sport is the way to go... Plenty will disagree with me, but that's my thoughts on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back