ASADA Ready to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That it fits within the SO definition is something which would have to be demonstrated to the comfortable satisfaction of a tribunal.
So you're saying AOD does not fit into the s0 definition then. Cmon put your opinion out there on it.

It's a discussion board where people offer opinions.

Many have given all sorts of opinions on this very board.

Do you know there was a very large school of thought at one stage, right here on this board, that stated that the players would get automatic two year suspensions for taking AOD?

True story.
At that stage we were unaware of ASADAs balls up with the ACC.

You are right, the report mentions things not being approved for human use, but neglects to mention the relevant clause within the Prohibited List, and worse still, erroneously provides a blanket statement that such substances are not prohibited under the WADA code.
Thanks for confirming my point that the ACC reported things incorrectly.

Yes, that's possible, but at a minimum, ASADA failed to advise:
1. that S0 existed and caught substances yet to be approved for human use; and
2. that any substance with the anabolic effects the ACC was crediting AOD as having would have meant it would be caught automatically under the catchall definition in S2.

Maybe it was just a communication gap, or ACC misunderstanding the advice from ASADA, but I find it hard to believe that the ACC would not have run the draft paragraphs back past ASADA to review.

We are left to conclude that ASADA itself did not know S0 existed, or understand it, nor did they actually understand the catchall clause in S2.
I wouldn't dismiss the ACC not giving the draft back to asada. Particularly if there were time pressures/ labour govt needing a distraction..

People have different interests and come to this board with different values and different priorities.

Personally, I'm not the least bit worried about footballers using mickey mouse roids, that's me. Whether it's EFC, or other clubs, I don't really care. To be honest, TB4 actually looks like a worthwhile substance for elite footballers.

I do have a great dislike for publicly funded bodies acting improperly.
See I want no that is no substances at all. I will permit Panadol, ibuprofen, and medically prescribed treatment for genuine conditions

Do you wish to overthrow the Westminster system?
Our favourite seakayaker does. Apparently it is a neoliberal device used to pound into submission honest, blue collar types, like Albert. Spare a thought for the proletariat battler, he is down to his last Toorak mansion.

Last edited:
Our favourite seakayaker does. Apparently it is a neoliberal device used to pound into submission honest, blue collar types, like Albert. Spare a thought for the proletariat battler, he is down to his last Toorak manion.

I have visions of his seakayak with 'this machine kills neo liberals' written on it, Woody Guthrie style. :eek:

Hird is a private individual. I have no connection to him, nor him to me. If he wants to waste his money pursing court cases, that's his business. It doesn't affect me, nor do I care.

We all have a connection to publicly funded bodies.

We all have an expectation that such bodies will act with propriety.

We expect transparency from Government (whichever way you wish to define that).

Ha ha ha, you continue to trot out your version of wisdom without really addressing the issues raised. Yes we should expect transparency from Government, but there are whole lots of reasons why we don't get it and they are all valid. National security, ongoing investigations etc. All you have suggested in your ramblings is that ASADA 'almost lied' and that 'they have not given the whole story' to satisfy your personal interest in getting a complete picture. Nothing that you have raised suggests impropriety. You're not one of those guys that adds 1 and 1 to get three are you.

We all have a connection to publicly funded bodies do we? Well tell me your connection to ASADA. Let me guess, 0.01 cents of every tax dollar you pay goes to ASADA, if that. Or are you a professional athlete, in which case you may have an actual connection?

Compare this with most of our connections to the AFL. People on here will have attended footy games and paid club memberships. Some will have taken our children to training in the hope that they can meet the players. These are real and tangible things that James Hird and Essendon have tarnished through their actions of injecting players with stuff not approved for humans. And yet you seem to think that ASADA's imagined impropriety is inexcusable, but no-one should care about the rest. How's la la land going.

Last edited:
Could people not engage with GG? He's entitled to his opinion, but it's just the same old same old that we've been hearing for 18 months or more.

Tiresome.
I agreed this afternoon to refrain from discussions with him until he shows some responsiveness. Please feel free to hit me over the head if I fail in my resolution!

Ha ha ha, you continue to trot out your version of wisdom without really addressing the issues raised. Yes we should expect transparency from Government, but there are whole lots of reasons why we don't get it and they are all valid. National security, ongoing investigations etc. All you have suggested in your ramblings is that ASADA 'almost lied' and that 'they have not given the whole story' to satisfy your personal interest in getting a complete picture. Nothing that you have raised suggests impropriety. You're not one of those guys that adds 1 and 1 to get three are you.

We all have a connection to publicly funded bodies do we? Well tell me your connection to ASADA. Let me guess, 0.01 cents of every tax dollar you pay goes to ASADA, if that. Or are you a professional athlete, in which case you may have an actual connection?

Compare this with most of our connections to the AFL. People on here will have attended footy games and paid club memberships. Some will have taken our children to training in the hope that they can meet the players. These are real and tangible things that James Hird and Essendon have tarnished through their actions of injecting players with stuff not approved for humans. And yet you seem to think that ASADA's imagined impropriety is inexcusable, but no-one should care about the rest. How's la la land going.
Great post. A bit of perspective

Would you mind linking that or pasting it?

I'm curious because I recall something in the ACC report about TB-4 and Cronulla, and language different to 'not prohibited' being used. Something about it being image enhancing, but not prohibited.

It was also S0 at the time though I think. I'm curious on the language used because my theory is that Dank used his old 'get a script from a shonk GP' trick to use TB-4 at Cronulla too and they also weren't charged with it.
the Wookie posted an extract a few pages back http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/goto/post?id=36860471#post-36860471v

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
lol, I would find it hard to believe they did run the draft back past ASADA
and how do you know ASADA failed to advise about S0? again this is just your opinion, don't try and sprout it is fact, maybe they did, the report mentions about things not being approved for human use, it would be easy to get a bit mixed up with all these classifications

I agree.

Technically, what was in that ACC Report was correct. It wasn't a prohibited substance, and wasn't on WADA's prohibited list.

However what we all know now after only a little bit of education on the topic, and what all athletes should know already know - is that a drug needs to both not be classified as prohibited and also classified as legal for you to be able to take it.

I mean, the very fact that that report says it hasn't been tested means it can't possibly be anything other than an S0 drug doesn't it?

Last edited:
Could people not engage with GG? He's entitled to his opinion, but it's just the same old same old that we've been hearing for 18 months or more.

Tiresome.
Yep if people just ignore him unless he actually answers simple yes or no questions that he ignores because they don't suit his agenda, he will get bored and move on like all irrelevant people do.

People have different interests and come to this board with different values and different priorities.

Personally, I'm not the least bit worried about footballers using mickey mouse roids, that's me. Whether it's EFC, or other clubs, I don't really care. To be honest, TB4 actually looks like a worthwhile substance for elite footballers.

I do have a great dislike for publicly funded bodies acting improperly.
What we really need is a breakaway drug league where players can take whatever they want whenever they want. Sure the players would have shorter careers and lives but it would be worth it to see how far we can push human evolution. Imagine it, goals kicked from 90 metres, tackles that leave dents in the ground, speccies 8m up.

What we really need is a breakaway drug league where players can take whatever they want whenever they want. Sure the players would have shorter careers and lives but it would be worth it to see how far we can push human evolution. Imagine it, goals kicked from 90 metres, tackles that leave dents in the ground, speccies 8m up.

Plus weapons.

An 8 metre high speccie foiled by a spear.

And Augustus Hirdy and his Vestal Virgins (aka Essendon supporters) guffawing from on high about how the TB-4 League is so much superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back