No Oppo Supporters ASAGA - The Final Chapter - Appeal Dismissed (Page 12) - The End

Remove this Banner Ad

true. i saw some people posting recently that "the truth will come out soon"
omg, really?

anyway, sure, i can see myself out if people want to to discuss still :)

I’ll be honest….I’m happy for this to be pursued. None of todays players are involved - doubt it impacts them at all.

I have never come to terms with how the club handled this and how badly staff and players were let down by the Board at the time, Evans in particular.

Awarding Evans life membership and not literally gutting Patrick Smith after Hird suicide article were the two moments that showed just how lost and spineless we became. Like a beaten dog.

literally gutting Patrick Smith after Hird suicide article were the two moments that showed just how lost and spineless we became. Like a beaten dog.
I still to this day cannot understand how he got away with it with such little public consequence.

Suicide and Mental health is a topic that requires compassionate and considered coverage... unless you were tied to Essendon and the saga, apparently.

Last edited:

It’s a little like the JFK assassination. We all know there’s *ery. It’s a fascinating story that peels back the curtain on how the powers that be operate. But ultimately, none of the pricks that ****ed our club will be held to account.

I still to this day cannot understand how he got away with it with such little public consequence.

Suicide and Mental health is a topic that requires compassionate and considered coverage... unless you were tied to Essendon and the saga, apparently.
It was extraordinary - and for the club to just let it slide…..unforgivable.

It’s a little like the JFK assassination. We all know there’s *ery. It’s a fascinating story that peels back the curtain on how the powers that be operate. But ultimately, none of the pricks that ****ed our club will be held to account.
That's where I am. I'll open the story and have a look in case there's a smoking gun. Nothing surprises me anymore.

I actually think the thread should have remained on the main board - It would have been relegated to page 3 or 4 or 5 in time and made an occasional visit back to page one.

It seems obvious that the players signed some kinf of Non-Disclosure Agreement or similar in lieu of their compensation from the affair - Bruce Francis is chasing documents to find out how ASADA got to charge the players which i thought would have been of interest to some players.

I’ll be honest….I’m happy for this to be pursued. None of todays players are involved - doubt it impacts them at all.
Only Heppell left on the list from the 34.
Likely Captain again, so still the face of the club, maybe if we went with Merrett it might help.

Suspended pharmacist linked to Bombers scandal found dead amid watchdog probe​

A compounding pharmacist who played a key role in the Essendon peptides scandal has been found dead, months after being suspended by the medical industry watchdog and following a claim he made about being the victim of a $50,000 extortion attempt.
Nima Alavi was found dead at his Wattletree Road property in Armadale on December 22, police confirmed.

His death is not being treated as suspicious and a report is being compiled for the coroner.
Pharmacist Nima Alavi has been found dead.

Pharmacist Nima Alavi has been found dead.CREDIT:NINE

At the time of his death, Alavi, 44, had been facing a major investigation by the health watchdog, which suspended him in October and suspected he was one of the nation’s largest suppliers of oxycodone – a highly addictive prescription opioid that Alavi was also abusing.
He was also in massive debt, including owing about $800,000 to a lender and having an outstanding financial liability to the Australian Taxation Office.

The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and the Victorian Pharmacy Authority were mounting a case involving script fraud and supplying section 8 drugs without a prescription.

Alavi was a key player in the Essendon peptides saga, which resulted in 34 players being found guilty of doping charges and banned for the 2016 season.

Oxycodone is a highly addictive prescription opioid.

Oxycodone is a highly addictive prescription opioid.CREDIT:AP

Until his suspension, he provided individually tailored medicines for patients who are often unable to take commercially available drugs. He was also known for producing testosterone and oxycodone.
Earlier this year, AHPRA investigators attended Alavi’s pharmacy in the Como Centre in South Yarra, where they seized script pads as part of their long-running probe.

Suspended pharmacist Nima Alavi.

​Several doctors and other pharmacists have also been interviewed by AHPRA investigators.
When contacted in October, Alavi initially told this masthead he had been suspended because of an “administrative error”, and then claimed to be the victim of an extortion plot.

“An unknown person had asked me for money in the days prior to your call, otherwise he would start shopping around a story which would discuss amongst other things my suspension, re-enliven the Essendon drugs scandal, as well as my indirect involvement in a company that was being investigated in relation to the supply of banned substances which were given to a horse that ran in the Kentucky Derby,” Alavi stated in a text message.
He said the “unknown person” had demanded $50,000.

Under an exemption in the Therapeutic Goods Act, compounding pharmacists can legally compound substances that are not Therapeutic Goods Administration-approved – such as thymosin variants and other peptides – for patients with a doctor’s script.
During the Essendon probe, it was revealed Alavi received raw materials in 2012 to compound a form of thymosin and hexarelin – a banned peptide that stimulates the production of growth hormone – from a pharmaceutical manufacturer in China.

Biochemist Shane Charter and Alavi were named in the Essendon supplements scandal.

Biochemist Shane Charter and Alavi were named in the Essendon supplements scandal.CREDIT:WAYNE TAYLOR

The shipment from Shanghai was arranged by Shane Charter, a biochemist who previously supplied peptides through his “Dr Ageless” clinics.
The peptides prepared by Alavi were then provided to sports scientist Stephen Dank, who allegedly injected Essendon players with the drug.

Alavi, Charter and Dank were interviewed by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, but none of the three men appeared for cross-examination before the AFL’s anti-doping hearing.
In 2014, Alavi told the media he was unaware whether the players were injected with the banned substance thymosin beta 4 or the less powerful non-synthetic version of the drug, thymomodulin.

In an interview with the ABC’s 7.30, Alavi said he had been asked by Dank to produce a substance that contained what Charter described as thymosin but was forced to hand over the mixture to Dank without being sure of what it contained.

He said anti-doping investigators would also be unable to determine the exact nature of the substance administered to players.

Jobe Watson and some of the members of the Essendon 34 at the heart of the scandal.

Jobe Watson and some of the members of the Essendon 34 at the heart of the scandal.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES

The AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal found in March 2015 that it was “not comfortably satisfied” the 34 Bombers players had violated anti-doping rules.
\
That decision was overturned following an appeal by the World Anti-Doping Agency, which resulted in bans for the players until November 2016. Former Bombers captain Jobe Watson was later stripped of the Brownlow Medal he won in 2012.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back