Ashes Cricket Betting

Remove this Banner Ad

greyhound punter

All Australian
Feb 1, 2023
AFL Club
Essendon
Righto. The Ashes are nearly here.

Let's find some bets and put some hurt on the bookies.

1st Bet: Moeen Ali High Bat for England 1st Innings (void if not selected): @ $18.00 (0.2 units)

Expecting England to go hard at the start and a collapse to follow, a 20 or 30 could win this market.

Tactically I will be looking to bet on the outliers. Low innings, tail-enders top scoring etc etc.

First away Ashes in a long time where I have felt like the aussies are a genuine chance.

For one thing, they have had an actual warmup game before the first Test.

Leech out is a big blow to the home side, who is their next front line spinner?

Righto. The Ashes are nearly here.

Let's find some bets and put some hurt on the bookies.

1st Bet: Moeen Ali High Bat for England 1st Innings (void if not selected): @ $18.00 (0.2 units)

Expecting England to go hard at the start and a collapse to follow, a 20 or 30 could win this market.

Tactically I will be looking to bet on the outliers. Low innings, tail-enders top scoring etc etc.
dont care about betting on the Ashes, here for the pashing stories

Jonny Bairstow has 4 centuries in 11 innings under Bazball regime.

Paying $11.50 to score a century in the 1st inn of 1st test.

Life will be harder against the Aussie bowlers. But there's talk that England is going to play with short boundaries. And Bairstow is dangerous once he gets going.

Head has scored 4 centuries in 18 inns (1st/2nd inns only) since coming back into the team.

There were concerns about him playing outside of Aus (and especially in Eng), but he was brilliant in the WTC final.

He is in way too good form for his $9 odds to score a century.

First away Ashes in a long time where I have felt like the aussies are a genuine chance.

Leech out is a big blow to us! They might find someone who can actually bowl instead now...

They are bringing moeen ali out of retirement. Time to load up on the Aussies.

Don't mind Aussies - 1.5 tests in the series handicap market at $3.30 TAB

Australia to score over 394.5 Runs in the 1st innings at roughly even money in the 1st test match.

Wicket doesnt have too many demons and Englands declaration means Aussies still get to bat on the good times before it possibly deteriorates on Day 3.

Jonny Bairstow has 4 centuries in 11 innings under Bazball regime.

Paying $11.50 to score a century in the 1st inn of 1st test.

Life will be harder against the Aussie bowlers. But there's talk that England is going to play with short boundaries. And Bairstow is dangerous once he gets going.

This bet didn't cash, but has to be the bet of the match so far.

I saw Bairstow @ $18 with the TAB, about 48 hours before the off after reading this post and i thought the price was insane. Tightened up to $15 a few hours before the game started so someone obviously had a nibble.

Bairstow threw his wicket away, so punters would have been filthy. Great catch nevertheless. I dare say Bairstow won't be at double figure odds the rest of the series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bet didn't cash, but has to be the bet of the match so far.

I saw Bairstow @ $18 with the TAB, about 48 hours before the off after reading this post and i thought the price was insane. Tightened up to $15 a few hours before the game started so someone obviously had a nibble.

Bairstow threw his wicket away, so punters would have been filthy. Great catch nevertheless. I dare say Bairstow won't be at double figure odds the rest of the series.
I had a decent amount on this bet at $11.50.

Lucky I hadn't seen $18, otherwise I would have bet way too much!

Like the draw @ $3.4 - Looks like they'll be lucky to get a session in tonight before the rain arrives, and more showers are predicted for Tuesday.

Is the pitch not expected to break up much? Any English bowlers get hurt?
Pitch is not as good as to bat on day 1 but if you get yourself in, pitch not doing too much. Its almost the perfect test wicket offering something for the bowlers and batsman.

No English bowlers go hurt. Just been a game where spin bowlers have bowled alot of overs.

Aussies now favourite, is this unders?

Still need another 80 runs just to get a lead, and after the next wicket falls the tail looks brittle.

Batting last as well.

Is the pitch not expected to break up much? Any English bowlers get hurt?

The bookies models are pretty tight. Yes we have a tail, but this is a slow pitch.

Tail enders won't be fearing for their safety as they have been in Australia the last few seasons.

If one of Carey/Kwajaja bat to the end, Aus could easily add another 150 runs.

Broad at 101 and Ollie Robinson at 151 to top score in England's 2nd dig are tasty speculative bets.....Eng could easily collapse in the 2nd dig.....a 20 or 30 could win that market.

Pitch is not as good as to bat on day 1 but if you get yourself in, pitch not doing too much. Its almost the perfect test wicket offering something for the bowlers and batsman.

No English bowlers go hurt. Just been a game where spin bowlers have bowled alot of overs.

The perfect test wicket?!?! NYRB plz

Draw 5.20 on the exchange.
Tuesday will be lucky to get half a day.
England will be slower scoring from 2 down. Cummins will set defensive fields.

Draw 5.20 on the exchange.
Tuesday will be lucky to get half a day.
England will be slower scoring from 2 down. Cummins will set defensive fields.
I reckon England will send Australia back in tonight.

Will most likely get the full 98 overs in today. An extra half an hour allowed today and day can go up until 7pm.

Weather forecast for Birmingham. England will know roughly how many overs will be lost tomorrow, my guess is they can still push the game forward by setting a target that keeps the Aussies interested.

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 4.04.35 pm.png

If England adapt their Bazball philosophy today, they may only need or want to bat 70 overs or so today.

Go at around 4.50 an over ,and treat it almost like a one dayer. I see this England team as a team that want to eliminate the draw at all costs.

If England adapt their Bazball philosophy today, they may only need or want to bat 70 overs or so today.

Go at around 4.50 an over ,and treat it almost like a one dayer. I see this England team as a team that want to eliminate the draw at all costs.

I disagree. I think the value today is shorting England's run total.

You can lay England to score 175 or more, or even 150 or more....risking 1 dollar to win 9/10.

The market is expecting England to set a total....i said before the game, the value imo is in backing the extremes....

I disagree. I think the value today is shorting England's run total.

You can lay England to score 175 or more, or even 150 or more....risking 1 dollar to win 9/10.

The market is expecting England to set a total....i said before the game, the value imo is in backing the extremes....
Im thinking even if England lose wickets, they will lose them in an attacking manner.

The Current 20 over line for England runs is Under/Over 64.5 Runs at Sportsbet

Currently 28/1 off 63 balls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back