Australian cheating at Newlands, where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

So what? Should we base our punishments on how other countries handle similar incidents? Not at all.

I’m proud harsh penalties have been dished out for completely unacceptable behaviour.

Did you miss the part where I was using it as a comparison for old mate asking for a 5 million dollar fine? I never at all said 15k was appropriate champ.

I still don't really understand this.

Faf du Plessis uses his zip to scratch the ball and gets a slap on the wrist meanwhile we burn our team to the ground.
The ICC and CSA punishments did nothing to deter Faf, or anyone else from doing it again.

With this ban you can guaratee no one from Australia (or England) are ever going to try it again.

Personally, I would have liked them to be given a better pathway back to International level. a 12 month International ban, and a 10 month domestic ban would allow them to rejoin the proffessional set up for the back half of the shield season.

The ICC and CSA punishments did nothing to deter Faf, or anyone else from doing it again.

With this ban you can guaratee no one from Australia (or England) are ever going to try it again.

Personally, I would have liked them to be given a better pathway back to International level. a 12 month International ban, and a 10 month domestic ban would allow them to rejoin the proffessional set up for the back half of the shield season.

No it won't. The other countries will not follow australias lead at all because their media won't attack their own like we have. South Africans couldn't give a shit about ball tampering they care about winning the series and they have. **** they probably tampered during the game as well

Would’ve been happy if both Warner and Lehmann were tossed out, two yobbo dickheads who have dragged Aussie crickets name through mud for a while now.

Don’t think what Smith did was any worse than what Atherton and Faf did, more naive and being guilty of poor leadership.

What pisses me off is the politician’s coming out having a say about how much of a disgrace this is, have a look in your own backyard ya clowns, you guys are in a circus and have a lot to do to change what is wrong with the country at the moment. Absolute joke that they’re having pot shots at the Australian cricket team.

Pity the ECB never had the balls to go after Atherton and Vaughan. When they were involved in ball tampering ( yea I know Vaughan wasn’t charged with anything, but he systematically cheated in 2005 ).

Really? You really want to compare what lollies a player is chewing on whilst shining the ball legally to taking ****ing sandpaper out there?

What a disgrace the last week has been for Australian cricket. Cricket Australia and its weak leader have absurdly overreacted to a social media frenzy and public comments from opportunistic politicians.
Cricket Australia, went over and conducted investigation, found Steve Smith guilty and framed a penalty within a two day timeframe. Leaving him exposed to a hostile environment in hypocritical South Africa. Talk about a lynch mob mentality. No formal hearing and a massive penalty, what a disgrace.
We have not come very far from medieval times when people were walked through the streets and had things hurled at them- it all happens on social media now and Cricket Australia were listening and joined in.

Last edited:
Really? You really want to compare what lollies a player is chewing on whilst shining the ball legally to taking ******* sandpaper out there?

Alot of people in the thread just buy into the "official story" that got put out.
That only 3 players were involved and that they only did it once.
That is clearly BS .

They have just tried to throw Warner and Bancroft under the bus .
For all we know the whole team and staff were in on it. They most certainly cheated this way in multiple games..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m emailing CA today expressing my disgust at their treatment of our players - I hope I’m not the only one.

You would think the Australian public would've learnt by now, seeing as James Hird tried to OD himself on prescription meds due to the pressure he was under.

I'm not saying this will happen to Warner, but if something like that happened to a player under a lot of pressure and scrutiny at the moment it would make these comments by the media and public deplorable

The lynch mob mentality, and the desperation to be outraged, is absolutely pathetic.

And all of the ****heads asking how they’re supposed to tell their kids what happened - figure it out yourselves, your parents, do some parenting.

Really? You really want to compare what lollies a player is chewing on whilst shining the ball legally to taking ******* sandpaper out there?

Artificially changing the condition of the ball.

There is no difference; the only excusable one is picking at the seam a bit - but even that’s dodgy.

It’s the only one that isn’t premeditated, and that the entire team isn’t aware of.

What a disgrace the last week has been for Australian cricket. Cricket Australia and its weak leader have absurdly overreacted to a social media frenzy and public comments from opportunistic politicians.
Cricket Australia, went over and conducted investigation, found Steve Smith guilty and framed a penalty within a two day timeframe. Leaving him exposed to a hostile environment in hypercritical South Africa. Talk about a lynch mob mentality. No formal hearing and a massive penalty, what a disgrace.
We have not come very far from medieval times when people were walked through the streets and had things hurled at them- it all happens on social media now and Cricket Australia were listening and joined in.

They could’ve at least let our guys get out of South Africa before nailing them to a cross - why let those campaigners be in a position to pour more shit on our guys?

I’m emailing CA today expressing my disgust at their treatment of our players - I hope I’m not the only one.

The lynch mob mentality, and the desperation to be outraged, is absolutely pathetic.

And all of the ****heads asking how they’re supposed to tell their kids what happened - figure it out yourselves, your parents, do some parenting.
The whole kids argument cracks me up. Stop blaming other people for your poor parenting.

They really aren't that different, both would be illegal under the rules of cricket the way I understand it.

The penalties are probably fair enough I guess, they were always going to have to be pretty harsh. They'll be able to play district cricket is that right?

Maybe Warner and Smith can figure it out themselves. You know, get out of their bubble and do some living in the real world :rolleyes:

Some of you people would be apologists for anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back