Autopsy Autopsy vs Richmond - thanks for everything Jack Z

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re getting a pretty clear picture of 10 players on our list who have no fight /drive/grunt to win the contest, game, final and ultimately a flag. These blokes will get weeded out over the next 2 years
It is amazing that some of those blokes don't seem to realise that they are the one's who's careers are on the line. If not them, their managers or somebody close must have told them, surely? For some, you'd think that they recognised a turning-point on the day Clarkson was appointed or when he first addressed them yet some seem unwilling (probably incapable) of doing anything to try to stay on the list. It baffles me.

more of the same- good play mixed with some of the dumbest s**t you’ll ever see.
TT was in everything from the start - looked like a man on a mission
Sheez was his normal self - just so polished and calm for one so young
Scott and Souva given they’re all this year and did pretty much the same today.
PC best game for the year - need more of that
Ford will be a player - looks so good with ball in hand and looks a mouthy campaigner.
Powell is so good when he has the ball
Xerri is useless
Perez, Turner as above

Howe us the spudest of spuds - so if we never had those extra rookie spots we wouldn’t of seen this spud in our colours

Go back and watch the Carlton game if you want a true demonstration of #37's incompetence. Today was an ok performance by his standards. Which is a joke in itself.
37 is actually a worse umpire than almost any other working at AFL level - in many cases he's on the spot, has a good view and then he comes up with inexplicable decisions. He does it time after time.

37 is actually a worse umpire than almost any other working at AFL level - in many cases he's on the spot, has a good view and then he comes up with inexplicable decisions. He does it time after time.
I agree. I only have Whetton (#19, who we've copped a lot this year too) as being worse than him. As an ex basketball ref I understand the pressure, but you have to try and limit your clangers. Rodger has wayyy too many for an AFL ump

Go well into the night JZ.

Absolute shinboner, didn't get anywhere near the attention that Riewoldt and Cotchin did on the telecast, but deserves just as much for what he has put in for this club.

Enjoy the retirement.
The media took care of that. Jack wasn't important enough and didn't play for the right club.

I just can't understand for the life of me what Clarko sees in Howe and Turner.

This is my concern. He’s like “round 1, sorry goldy we’re going with Xerri; sorry cunners, if you can’t play like it’s 2012, you’re not coming back in; sorry Hugh… you’re just gonna have to show more”

… yet Turner and Howe are auto selections?

I’m baffled. We’re forking out a million a year for this bloke. He’d better still have his head in the game and in a few small yet disconcerting ways he doesn’t seem to.

This is my concern. He’s like “round 1, sorry goldy we’re going with Xerri; sorry cunners, if you can’t play like it’s 2012, you’re not coming back in; sorry Hugh… you’re just gonna have to show more”

… yet Turner and Howe are auto selections?

I’m baffled. We’re forking out a million a year for this bloke. He’d better still have his head in the game and in a few small yet disconcerting ways he doesn’t seem to.

I’m baffled that you think turner and Howe are auto selections from clarkos point of view

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game today was a familiar story. Good for 2.5 quarters but it's not enough

Very sad to see Jack go. I'll miss him. Real shinboner. Feel like I need a username change now

TT did some good things today but his half arsed efforts at times are a bit concerning.
Bit hard to carry about 15 team mates and look good. In his defense he was doing absolutely everything e.g. clearances, kicking goals, contested possessions and generally being highly effective all game. I do agree he needs to get fitter but he can be forgiven for the half arsed efforts after busting his ass all day

Bit hard to carry about 15 team mates and look good. In his defense he was doing absolutely everything e.g. clearances, kicking goals, contested possessions and generally being highly effective all game. I do agree he needs to get fitter but he can be forgiven for the half arsed efforts after busting his ass all day
As usual lots of negativity on this board. Today was miles better than we had any right to expect today especially with LDU out as well. Very good games from TT Larkey Scott and Sheezel. Good games from Corr Ford and Simpkin. Lots of contributions across the board. A few exceptions but the overarching weakness is fitness. We could all see the last quarter coming and I was surprised it didn’t come sooner. Xerri is a worry. Obliterated by Soldo.

Jesus H Christ on a biscuit, there's some silly comments on here tonight. Have the keyboard warriors not noticed that we've actually run out of soldiers? Was Flynn Perez ever going to cover for LDU? Drury as sub? Who was the match committee going to pick that would make a difference? Cunners? Maybe Logue could play on one leg

Get a grip FFS

Disappointing to lose again today for the 20th time but there are positives compared to last year:

15 games in 2022 were lost by 40 pts or more, this year it is 7.

Lost 5 games this year by less than 10 pts, only 1 last year.

% in 2022 56% compared to 68% this year.

Sheezel, Wardlaw.

Thomas finishing the season in the ones and firing.

LDU elite when fit.

Larkey’s Coleman podium finish.

Bailey Scott’s next level.

Eddie emerges.

Chom gets a taste.

‘Gus’ is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As usual lots of negativity on this board. Today was miles better than we had any right to expect today especially with LDU out as well. Very good games from TT Larkey Scott and Sheezel. Good games from Corr Ford and Simpkin. Lots of contributions across the board. A few exceptions but the overarching weakness is fitness. We could all see the last quarter coming and I was surprised it didn’t come sooner. Xerri is a worry. Obliterated by Soldo.

Nah, we’ve got a right to expect somewhere near a win against an aging Richmond, particularly when we’re farewelling a club champ and have most of our players.

We were neck and neck with Richmond in the early 10’s. We matched them consistently then and in the early Shaw era which was not so long ago. They’ve got three flags from that period and have every right to be on the down-slide. What’s our excuse?

It’s this constant acceptance of losing that’s setting the club back and I can’t stand it. We should be expecting to win some of these games.

We can’t forever be saying “oh, we were playing xxxx team and we can’t expect to win against them”. When TF is it our turn to be that team? Why are we overawed? When did we become such an inconsequential bunch of nice guys who are just happy to be there? We’ve spent 20 odd years being made to feel like we have no right to be the best in the league and it’s actually pathetic.

Last edited:
We are miles better than last year - but we were coming off an extraordinarily low base.

Curtis and Ford were good today. Larkey and TT were outstanding. I thought McKay and Corr were also decent. Scott was decent all day and Tuckers first half was ok.

• Goldy and xerri were/are a liability.
  • Our midfield got collectively smashed
  • Curtis Taylor fumbles too much
-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back