Awesome movies thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't think anything would beat Black Swan for me this year.....think again....True Grit is stunning.......toighter than a nun's didgeredoo.....110 mins feels more like 45....Coen's do it again......shove it up your shirt Thy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Black Swan the other day, left the cinema with this face ':eek:'. People who have seen it know what I mean, it's a real rollercoaster.

Terrific movie.

The Fighter was quite good also, Christian Bale had his character spot on.

:eek::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The trailer I watched even had D-grade, straight to video voice-over dude

User Reviews

Great film, great screenplay, great acting, great director... 18 January 2011 | by Right-Wing-Man (United States) – See all my reviews
I loved everything about this movie, from the opening sequence to the end... fabulous. I have to preface this by saying I am not an Antonio Banderas fan, not that I never liked him, he just never blew me away in any movie he was in. He almost did it with this one, he was brilliant! The whole cast was excellent... very good acting and Sam Elliot, the guy is just great in everything he does.

The screenplay was excellent, being a writer myself, I really admired the writer of this one; the beats were spot on.

The director, lets you know fro the opening sequence that he is in charge and he in innovative. I loved the way he shot this movie; once again brilliant.

One of the best movies I have seen in a long time!

Me:

Means nothing as reviews can be all over the shop, but from what I've seen I like that film noir feel about it.
Nothing to lose and will comment in full next week..

Look forward to your thoughts on "127 Hours" which for me was a more interesting film than The Fighter, Black Swan and True Grit (Although I did nap through True Grit :()

I enjoyed it....but it didn't hold my attention throughout like Black Swan and True Grit. Its a great story, and would be a good read (if you're interested in this stuff, the book Deep Survival by Laurence Gonzales is a great read), but struggled to maintain a feature length film......would rather watch a docco about it TBH

Edit: Gonzales

http://www.5min.com/Video/Laurence-Gonzales-on-Deep-Survival-304230730

I like Danny Boyle's style (aside from Slumdog), but with this subject matter I'd prefer to know a bit more about the psychology as opposed to dramatising Ralston's thought processes by having little fantasy sequences (although I appreciate you can't really do that within the constraints of a movie). I am going to purchase Ralston's book however.

Saw an ok little time-filler last night.....called Monsters (not the animated variety), similar to District 9 and Cloverfield, but more of an atmospheric slow-burner....7/10, was well done and worth a look if you have exhausted the current mainstream content....found in the usual places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back