Awesome movies thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do I have to see Unstoppable?

Absolutely not.
It's good with great cinematography, a good rapport between Pine and Washington but yet another, "Haven't I seen this before?" movie.

One you should watch though is Black Swan.
Aronofsky doing what he does best with added touches of Lynch and Cronenberg to boot.

Beautiful movie with great performances, stunning individual scenes, heavy handed on the macabre factor, a twist away from being jaw-dropping yet in a funny way still ultimately somewhat missing.
I'll take Requiem for a Dream every day of the week

It really hasn't been a great year. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never Let Me Go.

Don't know how this one slipped by me last year, but got the chance to watch it on New Years Day and had I seen it the day before it would have been my favourite movie of 2010.

This is not a movie for the impatient as it tracks along extremely slow, which fortaunately gives you the time to reflect and feel for what is going on.

A beautiful movie with a small story packed with serious thoughts and emotions. :thumbsu:

The Fighter.

Not sure where this sits on the scale of boxing movies but may well be in the top percentage.
Brilliant performances from Bale and a somewhat understated Wahlberg.

This is the best Australian movie I'd seen since Animal Kingdom.
(O.K. it's not Aussie but it sure as hell feels like it and may well be Animal Kingdoms twin)

127 Hours: Wow

I'll take this one over The Fighter and Black Swan any day of the week.

I don't recall a horror gripping me the way 127 hours did and after the drek offering of Slumdog Millionaire, it is great to see Danny Boyle back on track.

A story you can explain in 10 seconds and a movie that may be around with you for 10 years :thumbsu:

127 Hours: Wow

I'll take this one over The Fighter and Black Swan any day of the week.

I don't recall a horror gripping me the way 127 hours did and after the drek offering of Slumdog Millionaire, it is great to see Danny Boyle back on track.

A story you can explain in 10 seconds and a movie that may be around with you for 10 years :thumbsu:

Roger Ebert in the house :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back