Nov 28, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
this hawks supporter has the right idea

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684152

back the side in - in 2010. whichever players we decide to put out there on a given day, get behind them 100%.

Yeah cringe at times for a bad kick or turnover but dont get into the habit of mercilessly bagging out our players. If you personally didnt want hansen or jones or whoever selected thats fine have an opinion on better options but once they are on the park they are our boys. Names have already been thrown around on which players with cop the most flack from our "supporters" and possible scapegoats.

Im not saying blindly pump up the side even if undeperforming, but show your support, ride the ups and downs in 2010 and most of all enjoy the footy :thumbsu:

back the side in - in 2010. whichever players we decide to put out there on a given day, get behind them 100%.

Yeah cringe at times for a bad kick or turnover but dont get into the habit of mercilessly bagging out our players. If you personally didnt want hansen or jones or whoever selected thats fine have an opinion on better options but once they are on the park they are our boys. Names have already been thrown around on which players with cop the most flack from our "supporters" and possible scapegoats.

Im not saying blindly pump up the side even if undeperforming, but show your support, ride the ups and downs in 2010 and most of all enjoy the footy :thumbsu:

Thanks, but no thanks.

Every player begins an unknown, how they fare from there depends on their performances, if I was to be happy with everyone that gets a game week in and week out then I would be 'settling' for too little.

Plus I need to whinge about something or someone when we stink...

Thanks, but no thanks.

Every player begins an unknown, how they fare from there depends on their performances, if I was to be happy with everyone that gets a game week in and week out then I would be 'settling' for too little.

Yeh Agree with Prankster here.
If the play great then they will be fine BUT if they have a stinker they deserve to get hammered.
Plus who here has ever said that Dean Cox is a crap player??? No-One he's a gun.
We only call a spade a spade and guys like Hansen, Nicoski, McKinley, and Bones will get treatment because of previous performances. If they play well they will be fine.

yeah i guess it was a little too "public service announcement". but i mean thats my attitude, i tend to be pretty positive about the eagles, always have been. i mean i still admit when a player isnt performing and say they should probably be dropped etc, but i just dont like when supporters continually dish dirt on certain players. wait till they leave (ie staker) to get stuck in :thumbsu: oh geez hes gonna kick 5 round one now isnt he. aaargh

We only call a spade a spade and guys like Hansen

premiership player

solid part of our 05 / 06 push

08 leading goalkicker

premiership player

...will get treatment because of previous performances. If they play well they will be fine.

haha yeah understood though. its all good i shouldnt be picky about what type of supporters we have, each to their own. at least you havent got it completely wrong and you support the right club, which automatically puts you above approx 94% of footy fans

yeah i guess it was a little too "public service announcement". but i mean thats my attitude, i tend to be pretty positive about the eagles, always have been. i mean i still admit when a player isnt performing and say they should probably be dropped etc, but i just dont like when supporters continually dish dirt on certain players. wait till they leave (ie staker) to get stuck in :thumbsu: oh geez hes gonna kick 5 round one now isnt he. aaargh
Agree 100%

there is no way on this gods earth i could have done that while chad fletcher was playing

i wanted him to do well - i really did - id keep quiet for 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 turnovers - but then he would shirk a contest - and that was it - the invective would pour out like squeezing a bit pimple the pus would come forth

so

no

I thought this would be a thread about backing us (financially) to make the 8. It's about $3 at the TAB. Get on it. I intend to.

Agree with the sentiment though. Will do my best to comply, though I can't promise anything

Isn't that what umpires are there for?:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah i have swift for rising star too. i also multi'd us making top 8 with kerr for brownlow. 16775 for 100 outlay haha. worth a try :thumbsu:

I suspect we might lose first up against Brisbane. Think the odds on the 8 might balloon out then, and I reckon that might be the time to get on

yeah could be a decent strategy if we dont show too much in the first outing

Already got on at $3.50 Fivey. Pretty decent odds actually.

I wanted to back NN to win the RS when he was $11 or so, but at $3.45 it's just not worth it. Took Swift at $21 instead.

I reckon Shuey or Stevens might be worth a flutter. What are their odds, any idea?

I suspect we might lose first up against Brisbane. Think the odds on the 8 might balloon out then, and I reckon that might be the time to get on

Good thinking 99.

Though if we manage to beat Brisbane the odds will plummet. It's a gamble. Maybe I'll put a bit on now and a bit next week.

Great post.

I don't mind fans bagging a player for making a blue, particularly if it is a consistent error throughout the game.

But nothing annoys me more than so-called fans who from the first bounce are looking for reasons to hang crap on a player whether it be Hansen, Jones, Embley, Nico whoever. You can spot these 'fans' from a mile off - conveniently overlook all pieces of good play but become very vocal and the slightest error (or perceived error) from the favourite scapegoat.

Great post.

I don't mind fans bagging a player for making a blue, particularly if it is a consistent error throughout the game.

But nothing annoys me more than so-called fans who from the first bounce are looking for reasons to hang crap on a player whether it be Hansen, Jones, Embley, Nico whoever. You can spot these 'fans' from a mile off - conveniently overlook all pieces of good play but become very vocal and the slightest error (or perceived error) from the favourite scapegoat.

yep. spot on. gives me the irrits too, i try to get behind our boys on the park no matter who runs out for us or whether we have been winning or losing, and couldnt care less about the haters in our supporter base :thumbsu: good call

Great post.

Yeah, agree with that.

Don't mind players copping a spray when they deserve it, but the bagging of players mercilessly gives me the irits. case in point - Heard some West Coast supporters near me getting stuck into Nico as he kicked into the forward line in the pre-season game v Melbourne. Something about just spraying it. Problem was it was a perfectly weighted 55m kick to Kennedy's advantage, which he promptly marked. At least they had the good sense to shut up then.

Don't think our odds will change at if we lose against Brisbane in Rd 1 unless we lose by 100 pts. We are expected to lose...

But if we were to win then our odds will shorten considerably.

If you like us for the 8 I would get on before Rd 1.

You back the 22 on the field at all times.

Once off the field them there's time to discuss the flaws etc of the game just played and the players out there. But not until. Yelling at someone to get back to the WAFL isn't supporting your team, it's undermining it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back