Scandal Bailey and the bags

Remove this Banner Ad

So if you fail a drug test no-one finds out and you get a secret strike

If you get photographed taking drugs you get a strike but also suspended

The AFL declaring that taking drugs is mostly ok as long as no-one finds out
No fine. What a laugh. He's now got a spare $20k to spend on more bags.
Bailey Smith has been handed a two-match suspension and received one strike following an AFL investigation into the illicit substance scandal.
This does confirm that the AFL are not serious about tackling the games drug problems.
Broom, Sweep, Rug wherever possible

This does confirm that the AFL are not serious about tackling the games drug problems.
Broom, Sweep, Rug wherever possible
It’s been the same for decades why would they change now?

Bailey Smith has been handed a two-match suspension and received one strike following an AFL investigation into the illicit substance scandal.
No fine. What a laugh. He's now got a spare $20k to spend on more bags. 2weeks is AFL
If it was a collingwood player it would of been 8 weeks ban, 5 weeks in a rehab center, $20k and a leg amputated. 2 weeks is AFL'S equalisation at its best 😩

Its all about protecting the AFL brand and the money, and has no interest in protecting players welfare otherwise they would come hard on the players sending out a strong message
I don’t even think the afl should have an illicit drugs policy, don’t think any other sporting league does

Have an independent body to look after doping and cheating but anything use should just come under player conduct the same as drunk driving, traffic offences and other legal matters

If it was a collingwood player it would of been 8 weeks ban, 5 weeks in a rehab center, $20k and a leg amputated. 2 weeks is AFL'S equalisation at its best 😩
Wrong account buddy

If he wants to ruin his body with Coke thats alright its his body and his business what he puts in it.

Just dont hurt or ruin other innocent people in your way.

Personally ive seen a few of our players absolutely demolished through alcohol or who knows what at the MVP it is what it is.

I must be out of touch but I think AFL has applied wet lettuce leaf and will have to survive without my interest for a one year suspension of interest.

My 8 grandchildren range from 0.5 to 8 years and I won't be taking them to any games that Bailey may or may not play in fir next year.

I know how much confusion this tacit acceptance by AFL of publiccised abuse of an illegal drug of dependence by a highly influential young superstar can have on kids.

As a youngster I revered EJ Whitten, and grew up more or less illegal drug free.

Beer was the beverage my heroes seemed to enjoy, and I developed a taste for it associating it with good tomes and footy club culture. Like many adolescents I was shy and sought the assurance of the dulling of senses from an inrush of alcohol, giving me confidence I seemed to lack otherwise. This became a habit but at age 40 started to realise it was on the same spectrum and I had done many foolish things after consuming alcohol.

I also found it a lubricant in business situations where the boozy lunch seemed to be a good way to build a rapport with clients. Holding your beer well seemed to be a positive attribute.

Once I was opened to the possibility I would be better off without booze I began to realise I could have as much fun or more at a party without it, and no more hangovers either.

I have had professional aquaintances go right over the top with alcohol and illicit drugs, leading to mid- 40's death. There but for the grace of God go I, I thought.

So Bailey and your footy club, please let this be the end of this dangerous behaviour. I hope you can come to agree that you are all better 0ff without drugs and booze, I hope you do not trash your personal and the club brand irrevocably, and I hope you realise you.shoukd have had much harsher penalty.

AFL be aware that kids are the future of all of us. I think the approach of AFL is wrong and I hope we see weekly urine testing of all.players amd officials at least for next 5 years.

If you don't I believe a.lot of parents and grandparents will.walk away from the game.

Last edited:
I must be out of touch but I think AFL has applied wet lettuce leaf and will have to survive without my interest for a one year suspension of interest.

My 8 grandchildren range from 0.5 to 8 years and I won't be taking them to any games that Bailey may or may not play in fir next year.

I know how much confusion this tacit acceptance by AFL of publiccised abuse of an illegal drug of dependence by a highly influential young superstar can have on kids.

As a youngster I revered EJ Whitten, and grew up more or less illegal drug free.

Beer was the beverage my heroes seemed to enjoy, and I developed a taste for it associating it with good tomes and footy club culture. Like many adolescents I was shy and sought the assurance of the dulling of senses from an inrush of alcohol, giving me confidence I seemed to lack otherwise. This became a habit but at age 40 started to realise it was on the same spectrum and I had done many foolish things after consuming alcohol.

I also found it a lubricant in business situations where the boozy lunch seemed to be a good way to build a rapport with clients. Holding your beer well seemed to be a positive attribute.

Once I was opened to the possibility I would be better off without booze I began to realise I could have as much fun or more at a party without it, and no more hangovers either.

I have had professional aquaintances go right over the top with alcohol and illicit drugs, leading to mid- 40's death. There but for the grace of God go I, I thought.

So Bailey and your footy club, please let this be the end of this dangerous behaviour. I hope you can come to agree that you are all better 0ff without drugs and booze, I hope you do not trash your personal and the club brand irrevocably, and I hope you realise you.shoukd have had much harsher penalty.

AFL be aware that kids are the future of all of us. I think the approach of AFL is wrong and I hope we see weekly urine testing of all.players amd officials at least for next 5 years.

If you don't I believe a.lot of parents and grandparents will.walk away from the game.
The thing is there is such a huge number of AFL players that do illicit drugs and some quite regularly. Sure, it shouldn't be promoted but any game you take your grandchildren to, there will undoubtedly be at least 1 (more likely a fair few more) that use illicit substances.

You won't be alone. AF is seen as drug friendly sport, which some posters won't like it mentioned, but all actions by the AFL suggest it is with its wet lettuce treatment of drugies

I don’t even think the afl should have an illicit drugs policy, don’t think any other sporting league does

Have an independent body to look after doping and cheating but anything use should just come under player conduct the same as drunk driving, traffic offences and other legal matters
Do you think the poms have the right idea by coming down hard on drugies?
No wet lettuce treatment in pommy land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think the poms have the right idea by coming down hard on drugies?
No wet lettuce treatment in pommy land.
Was picked up in an anti doping test, that my post mentioned the league should have

If Bailey failed a anti doping drug test that’s the only time the afl should be involved

Illicit drugs are a legal matter not an afl one

A career playing football must be becoming more appealing to kids everyday. Getting paid big money to be a professional drug addict and play a little football must sound like a dream to some kids. As long as they aren't exposed to gambling though that s**t ruins lives.

Cancel culture gone mad!!!

Such a nothing story.

Society is full of people who try, dabble and indulge in recreational or illicit drugs.

Such a nothing story.

Society is full of people who try, dabble and indulge in recreational or illicit drugs.

Those people should be shot out of a cannon

simpsons-luke.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back