Strategy Ball Chip Technology To Be Trialled Soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't imagine this being of any great value and will end up being a huge waste of time & money.

It's the only chip the seagulls can't get.

Well we have seen how the AFL goes with the internet, and their video review technology. What could go wrong here?

Wish they'd trial half decent ARC cameras....
If they were smart they would combine this chip tech with sensors in the posts and use it to track the ball direction, then you would see if the ball goes over the post or hits the post.

If they were smart they would combine this chip tech with sensors in the posts and use it to track the ball direction, then you would see if the ball goes over the post or hits the post.
I think that's where it'll end up, who knows how long it will take given we've had to put up with un-useable pixelated vision since the goal review system was first brought in 12 years ago.

I think that's where it'll end up, who knows how long it will take given we've had to put up with un-useable pixelated vision since the goal review system was first brought in 12 years ago.
I mean I have surface level knowledge of the tech they use for this, and the goal like tech in soccer, but I would be genuinely surprised if they couldn't pay a company to come up with a solution so we don't have repeats of posters being awarded goals, or a repeat of the Lynch debacle against Brisbane.

I mean I have surface level knowledge of the tech they use for this, and the goal like tech in soccer, but I would be genuinely surprised if they couldn't pay a company to come up with a solution so we don't have repeats of posters being awarded goals, or a repeat of the Lynch debacle against Brisbane.

But it has to be a company that has a connection to AFL House ;)

I don't see how a sensor inside an object that is being kicked, dropped, bounced and punched wouldn't have reliability issues... putting something in the posts makes more sense to me- a strip wrapt around the posts from half way up ?

I don't see how a sensor inside an object that is being kicked, dropped, bounced and punched wouldn't have reliability issues... putting something in the posts makes more sense to me- a strip wrapt around the posts from half way up ?
I guess that is the challenge.

They need the chip in the ball to sense touched kicks, either off the boot or on the goal line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back