Barry Hall to miss Geelong game.

Remove this Banner Ad

From what?

Don`t know,from the media cricifing him as washed up. Or from his own doubts
about his and the teams form. Boxing termites coming out of the woodwork,
speculating about how much he can supposibly earn. Funny how the termites waited until he hit one of the biggest form slumps in his career. Bazza is not a quitter,he will be back.

funny, groin problems.. its was dissapointing to hear roos say he wasnt sure what was wrong with baz, i mean here is the coach talking about the teams most influentital player and he had no idea what was going on with him.. so now he has a groin strain, he moved around ok on the weekend, but couldnt buy a mark, personally im happy for him to be out of the team for now, i agree with another poster that it sounds like protection, i would have liked roos to say that hes been shocking and now were giving a young kid a go.
washed up no way dont know whos been saying that..

groin injuries doesn't make you drop chest marks, i think Roos is trying to protect hall

No, but lack of confidence does. And one thing that's been noticeable is that he's not been running up the ground as much as in past years to take marks on long leads. Indeed, I can barely remember him doing this in any of the past three matchs (he did it a fair bit against the Dogs at Manuka).

So while groin soreness is undoubtedly not the only reason he's been struggling this year, it is entirely plausible that there has been some contributory factor of this nature.

We'll never know what the real reason is but seems pretty likely that he has been playing with discomfort and now they have bit the bullet and probably going to blood the kids for the remainder of the year. No I am not suggesting tanking or even planning on losing.

I was surprised by many that thought Hall's work rate was the same ... he seemed to be flat footed and reluctant to lead almost all year.

maybe i didn't go in too much detail
i think Roos is trying to protect hall from the media, because his been in bad form and he Roos wants him to not lose confidence and get annoyed with all the media crap, therefore he got a injury that is hurting his performance

Guys... you know what.. he's had 3 AA seasons in a row. Stop speculating who what when and why..

He's won us more games than not. It's very obvious something's wrong. He hasn't been leading up as much as his previous years. One of the very few players that can literally take his opponents head on and beat them.

We'll never know what the real reason is but seems pretty likely that he has been playing with discomfort and now they have bit the bullet and probably going to blood the kids for the remainder of the year. No I am not suggesting tanking or even planning on losing.

I was surprised by many that thought Hall's work rate was the same ... he seemed to be flat footed and reluctant to lead almost all year.

Bazza is out,lets restructure the forward line,at least we will be less predictable.
I really dont know what we should do. We have no other tall marking forwards
to target! Maybe Teddy at chf,and crumbers ready to pounce,and Magic floating
behind him. Also dont underestimte the Spida,he can camp himself inside 50
and can cause big trouble for defences! Any of these plays depend on supply
from the midfield, winning the ball and kicking on quickly!!!,before the other team
mans up. Something we have not being doing lately.That is my thoughts,now
What do you guys think?

this is the best thing that could have happened to the sydney forward line, it will force the rest of the team to play differently and inject some new methodology back into their play. bring it on baby, i hope vogels comes in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The groin and knee would certainly have hampered his usual long leads around the ground. But one thing a groin could certainly effect is his run off a standing start which could explain how he has seemed incapable of breaking away from defenders in the last fmonth or so.

I'm all for giving the guy a rest. And it will certainly add to the seige mentality around the club leading into this do-or-die clash. I wasn't kidding when I mentione somewhere earlier that I felt a Port Qualifying Final type game coming on. Just like that game where MOL missed out due to injury, this could be the king hit Geelong never sees coming (knock wood).

Hall's gawn for more than this week,i reckon he wont be back for about 4 weeks if not the end of the home and away.

Being someone who's experienced groin injuries too many times, they do contribute to a confidence/form slump. It is very frustrating and your concentration is on the injury, not on the game.

Grundy or Vogels?

Whoever gets the nod at CHF is playing for big stakes, if one of them can stand up and perform well they will have established their career and potentially added considerable $ to bank a/c next year. Good luck.

No way I would go with Ted but he has been one of the better performed surprises of the year.

Very interesting.

How is it possible that the medical & coaching staff underestimated his injury?

I think playing Ted forward would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. His marking power and communication with Leo and Bolton etc has been very good for us this year. Although if LRT played, I could easily see it happening - at least for peiriods of the game. I'm with those who would like to see another like Vogels brought in. Grundy is already in the side from last week due to Davis's injury, so I'd be expecting him to play again - unless the weather gets extremely wet and wild.

Well according to that article there may be a couple of other changes based on the new structure. At least Davis will be back for us.

When he came to the club at the end of 2001, you'd never have picked that he'd end up playing 113 games in a row. It's a shame that it's come to an end, and also strikes me as disappointing that they didn't bite the bullet and take him out of the Collingwood game, which would have given him an extra week to recover.

Don`t know,from the media cricifing him as washed up. Or from his own doubts
about his and the teams form. Boxing termites coming out of the woodwork,
speculating about how much he can supposibly earn. Funny how the termites waited until he hit one of the biggest form slumps in his career. Bazza is not a quitter,he will be back.

I dont reckon the Swans would talk up the extent of an injury just to "protect" Baz from any BS he cops from the media or anyone else. Barry's performance when he returns will speak for itself :thumbsu:

wow, well ihope that baz can rest up well, get back on track, and give the footy club and fans the joy of watching a champion dominate the game again.. As for the restructure yipee, im so curious to see what is come of it, agree to leave ted down back/ float on the wing, bring in Reg/Vogals lets see who wants to make a name for them selves, add a genuine crummer and even introduce a speedstar..
on Reg vs Vogels who looks more likely based on form?

wow, well ihope that baz can rest up well, get back on track, and give the footy club and fans the joy of watching a champion dominate the game again.. As for the restructure yipee, im so curious to see what is come of it, agree to leave ted down back/ float on the wing, bring in Reg/Vogals lets see who wants to make a name for them selves, add a genuine crummer and even introduce a speedstar..
on Reg vs Vogels who looks more likely based on form?

I dont reckon Reg has had a decent crack in terms of gametime this year after a promising start to his career. I'd like to see him get some responsibility and see how he goes.

Tough though - Scarlett & Harley....

I'd like to see O'Keefe play a CHF typw role, with Davis and Micky O' playing from deep. Then have Grundy and/or Vogels playing up the ground in O'Keefe's usual role.

Don't bother with Ted or LRT, not effective forwards at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back