Banter The Gameday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Chambers!!! That's the bloke I was trying to think of - worst footballer to ever strap on a boot in my humble opinion!
Didn't he once play a whole game for us and not get a single possession? Or did I just imagine the game would have been better if that had actually happened?
Yep, that's the one. His other nickname being "Donuts", as in zero possessions/kicks.

Three scenarios…
  1. We are 2 goals behind or 2 goals ahead and we concede a goal.
  2. A defender loses a one on one 30m out from goal in the last 5 minutes of a 1 goal game.
  3. If someone shanks a set shot from 30 with the game on the line.
Thus, gameday threads are a necessity. Otherwise we go back to our lives on Sunday/Monday.

Three scenarios…
  2. A defender loses a one on one 30m out from goal in the last 5 minutes of a 1 goal game.
Thus, gameday threads are a necessity. Otherwise we go back to our lives on Sunday/Monday.

*pending the circumstance of the loss.

Re: Chambers. The old guard were sort of done by 2008 and the 2009 season when we missed finals for the first time in 7 years was… Interesting. It was a mini reset. Some premiership heroes who were about to retire or some that were only on the list for years. Basically tried out almost every player on the list and seeing what stuck.

I remember we tried out Meredith and Vezpremi for a few games as well. White showed promised here and there. Even I was excited for Playfair but didn’t work out. Pyke, Craig Bolton and Jack went on to have great careers though.

Three scenarios…
We are 4 goals up at 3/4 time.

Horse shifts Mills back & floods our defensive 50.

The ball never exits our defensive half.

The gap narrows. Rapidly.

Keyboards are bashed so hard, bedford 's unfortunate loss of his "b" key occurs all over Australia.

Post-game, the John Longmire thread becomes a hotbed of frothing rants that'd do the "Sack Hinkley" thread proud.

An unfortunate, naive soul steps in to defend Horse and is quickly howled down by the seething masses.

Hysteria reigns!

Then someone mercifully opens a preview thread & all is forgotten, as the recurring cycle of Bigfooty life goes on.

Chambers!!! That's the bloke I was trying to think of - worst footballer to ever strap on a boot in my humble opinion!
Didn't he once play a whole game for us and not get a single possession? Or did I just imagine the game would have been better if that had actually happened?

darn ... yes, him

gary rohan in red and white in grand finals?

Arguably our worst high draftee. Not a pleasant person.

Up there with Shannon Grant.

Arguably our worst high draftee. Not a pleasant person.

Up there with Shannon Grant.
Was Shannon Grant a prick behind the scenes? I know he made it clear he didn't want to leave Melbourne before the draft and was furious when we picked him. Hell of a player though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are more Sack Hinkley sequels threads than Fast and the Furious movies. Personally, Ken should keep ruling Putin style.
Without fail its become bigfooty tradition to always go there after a big loss or a loss in the finals. Fans from various teams flock there. Even some of us go there and lurk. Instant 10 pages of melts.

You will see it in action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back