Banter The Gameday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

JackHiscoxWasFast

All Australian
Nov 30, 2023
AFL Club
Sydney
Many of you have been so kind as to point me to the game day threads to get a true bearing of the swan board psyche. It seems I may have missed reading all the detail so after a few more hours grinding these threads, wow, just wow.

I am so excited I can’t wait to post !! Heroes one minute, neck minnit a villain. Contract extensions by half time, permanent whipping boy by 3/4 time. Horse the master coach, Horse to be sacked. It‘s these moments of truth that define what it is to be human. we’ve got eternal pessimists, umpiring conspiracy theorists and optimists whose optimism defies gravity.

Interspersed with Kingy saying we’ll piss it in and the head to head keyboard combat by some members - I mean where else would you rather be ? can only imagine the Collingwood board in comparison but I won’t venture there as spelling mistakes and poor grammar don’t do it for me.

We also have some true comedians, satirists, angry ants and she’ll be right ostriches.

Now I’ve been known to want to break TV’s esp when wayward has a brain explosion so please feel free to rip into me on game day and remind me of some of my posts - can’t wait to lose my marbles after the first bounce against the Dees !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game day threads are a window into the psych of all fans. The jubilant highs and dog dirty rock bottom lows. I do like the ones when the season is gone, we all know it so then it’s almost a joyous mockery of our pain.
Yes! ‘ It’s the hope that kills you’ comments are hilarious

He's the most unwatchable Swan we've ever had in my lifetime.
Really??? The most unwatchable???
With some of the spuds that have run around in the red and white, you think Hayward is the most unwatchable????

What a load of words I'm not allowed to use here

He's the most unwatchable Swan we've ever had in my lifetime.
I’d perhaps grant you top 5.

But in my view, he’s “beaten” in the “cover my eyes, I can’t look” stakes by:

* Tom Hickey having a set shot from 15m out straight in front;

* Lewis Melican taking kick-ins;

* Lewis Taylor “defending”;

* Gerard Bennett with Sherrin in hand; and …. at number 1 ….

* Garry Rohan in any final.

I’d perhaps grant you top 5.

But in my view, he’s “beaten” in the “cover my eyes, I can’t look” stakes by:

* Tom Hickey having a set shot from 15m out straight in front;

* Lewis Melican taking kick-ins;

* Lewis Taylor “defending”;

* Gerard Bennett with Sherrin in hand; and …. at number 1 ….

* Garry Rohan in any final.

I would also add a few uncoordinated ruckmen to the list ... Ricky Mott, Tom Derickx and Paul "Torture" Chambers. One worse than the next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back