Banter The Gridley thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the game that has infiltrated the lives of some on this board (myself included). If you haven't tried it before and you are good at your AFL trivia, check it out. It is good fun and equally fun to share and compare scores.

New Gridleys out every day, so feel free to post your results in here. Only Gridley discussion permitted, and no party poopers coming in here judging others for having a bit of fun.

Gridley 20 - 8/9

🐶⚓🫡
🦅🟩🟩🟩
👹🟩⬛🟩
🏉🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 150

bad game - nettlebeck cost me - only played pre season at one club

Gridley 21 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  🦅🥧🙌
⚡🟩🟩🟩
🔵🟩🟩🟩
🏅🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 84

Is the purpose of the game to have as low a rarity score as possible? I completed 6 squares but it wouldn't let me complete any more. Why?

Is the purpose of the game to have as low a rarity score as possible? I completed 6 squares but it wouldn't let me complete any more. Why?

only get 9 guesses

lower the score the better

Gridley 22 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  🐶🦢🏅
🛩️🟩🟩🟩
⚡🟩🟩🟩
🐨🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 84

For things like Brownlow, Coleman, “x possessions” in a season etc, they don’t have to have achieved that at the club they’re in that day’s grid for.

So Port has a past player who won their Brownlow at a different club, then moved over to Port.
Thank you, that makes sense. I felt very confused when Port has only had 1 Brownlow winner but only 58% voted him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gridley 23 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  ⚓🛩️🏆
🐱🟩🟩🟩
🟤🟩🟩🟩
🗓️🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 39

Gridley 24 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  🐦‍⬛🛩️⌛
⚡🟩🟩🟩
⚓🟩🟩🟩
😇🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 175

tough one today

Gridley 25 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  🐯☀️👨‍👦
🥧🟩🟩🟩
🐱🟩🟩🟩
🫡🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 64

Gridley 26 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  🗓️🗓️🏅
🦅🟩🟩🟩
⚓🟩🟩🟩
🏅🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 37

This game has me digging through the archives a bit.

apparently and mercifully COVID and 2 kids under 3 meant I was able to erase most of the Kaiden Brand year from my mind. Complete forgot he was on our list (Sam Gray took some prompting, too)

Wait till you remember we had Michael Talia and Jackson Thurlow

had a mare

Gridley 28 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  🐱🐦‍⬛🏅
👹🟩🟩🟩
🦁🟩🟩🟩
🙌🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 106

Gridley 29 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  🏅🟤🫂