Roast Basil Zempilas......

Remove this Banner Ad

Disliking this turd doesn't rob me of peace in any way. I have known him for years thanks to the poor choice of friends some of my other friends have and still see him often despite my hopes otherwise.

Rest easy Scham, I assure you what he has copped here is commensurate with the level of bloke he is, maybe unders. He's avoided worse simply because Perth profiles don't interest anyone outside the state and in the past he had almost as big a prick in Commetti protecting him.

Disliking this turd doesn't rob me of peace in any way. I have known him for years thanks to the poor choice of friends some of my other friends have and still see him often despite my hopes otherwise.

Rest easy Scham, I assure you what he has copped here is commensurate with the level of bloke he is, maybe unders. He's avoided worse simply because Perth profiles don't interest anyone outside the state and in the past he had almost as big a prick in Commetti protecting him.

What's he done?

Ouch! Hands off my man Dennis.

It's also horrible logging in to this board and seeing all the hate. A lot from people that have never met the bloke. I hope you can all find some peace sooner rather than later.
Ridiculous to suggest that you have to meet a person before deciding whether you like them or not.

Its like saying that no-one can have a view on whether they like Biden or Trump because they haven't met them. I guarantee that 95% of Australians have a firm view on that question without having met.

Witnessed his unwelcomed behaviour ‘up against’ a friend of mine on the dance floor of a club many years ago. She told him where to go but he wouldn’t take ‘not interested’ as a valid response to his dirty dancing antics, and continued. We had to leave, while he stayed probably oblivious to the discomfort he’d caused - or he didn’t care. I’d hazard a guess she wasn’t the only one to have experienced this. Gross excuse of a human.

What's he done?

Too long a list to be honest but IP's post about her and her friends interaction with him is a good start of where my main issues with him lie. I would say based on what I've seen and stopped from him on behalf of my female friends (including girlfriends of his friends at the parties he's doing his worst work) IP and her mates got off pretty good. Dennis stepped in for him at Ch7 when he got sprung for putting his hands on a woman at Gobbles nightclub when he'd gone full Baz and was all-hopped up on the gear. An ex of mine was that woman's friend and encouraged her to report it but it got swept away when she did. Being in media herself then and in the start-up phase of her career she didn't want to get a name for that incident.

His after hours habits made Daniel Chick look like a part timer. Personally I don't have any real issue with that stuff having enjoyed it myself stuff myself for a while as a younger man but his hypocrisy in this space is legendary. He's known for putting CH7 and 6PR employees forward to the companies they worked for as "potentially dangerous to the stations reputation" and dobbing them for the same stuff he was doing.

He often would also complain to Ch7 about his airtime when calling the footy. Always wanted to be sure he had more airtime than his colleagues %-wise in terms of calling games or camera time. Used a stop watch to work it out for himself. No coincidence at all that once Dennis was gone from calling AFL, Ch7 ended Bazil doing it as soon as they could. It's also no coincidence the only Ch7 calling jobs he ever had were in Commetti's areas. Ruining footy and then ruining the Olympic swimming. Baz attached himself to DC's back passage in the worst way and Commetti rewarded his complete devotion to him by lobbying hard for him.

A mate of mine opened a restaurant years ago and Baz came in with a number of people and laughed off paying the bill because according to Bazil it it was worth it to my mate to have him seen there. $2k bill which is a lot for most restaurants. CH7 ended up paying the bill for him when my mate complained.

He's a huge "don't you know who I am" guy too and gets very offended every time he's not red carpeted. The best way I know how to annoy him nowadays when I see him is re-introducing myself to him now that we see each other much less often and asking him his name in front of others - particularly women.

Lots of people like Commetti and each to their own commentary wise but as a bloke he's very hard to like too unless he wants something from you or he sees you on his level. I could never stand the negativity he had towards us in his calls. But my main gripe with him is not that or his grooming and protection of Bazil, its more that there are very few people in the WA media who have hurt Freo as much as he has, and most of it can be traced back to him. Right from the start he set the tone in the WA media by making it cool in media circles to talk Freo down. He fawned over Malthouse which is likely where it came from and so he formed his own little band of acolytes and used to feed Hagdorn, Barich, Vlahos and bunches of other low level media guys I can't remember any more with anti-Freo stuff. Dennis got Scott Watters canned from 6PR because when Scott was Freo's gameday voice on the mic and ground announcer, as the teams ran out for Derby he said "I don't like these guys and can't wait to beat them" during the pre-game ra-ra session with the crowd. Vlahos got the call from Dennis and suspended him from radio saying that sort of conduct was not acceptable and then canned him later that year.

Nisbett used to call Dennis when he wanted him to control media people before doing it by threatening them himself once he got the top gig at the Eagles. And I was told by one of the initial marketing crew at Freo it all started because when we started we didn't gift King Dennis a corporate box for his own personal use on gameday when he demanded it so he could Big himself up with people whilst he was calling games.

I'm convinced guys like Ryan Daniels would not exist if Commetti was still around. Or if Ryan did he'd be inducted in to the Dennis way and not be as fair.

Anyway, enough of those 2 for me. Hopefully his name disappears from everywhere soon the way Dennis thankfully has.

Too long a list to be honest but IP's post about her and her friends interaction with him is a good start of where my main issues with him lie. I would say based on what I've seen and stopped from him on behalf of my female friends (including girlfriends of his friends at the parties he's doing his worst work) IP and her mates got off pretty good. Dennis stepped in for him at Ch7 when he got sprung for putting his hands on a woman at Gobbles nightclub when he'd gone full Baz and was all-hopped up on the gear. An ex of mine was that woman's friend and encouraged her to report it but it got swept away when she did. Being in media herself then and in the start-up phase of her career she didn't want to get a name for that incident.

His after hours habits made Daniel Chick look like a part timer. Personally I don't have any real issue with that stuff having enjoyed it myself stuff myself for a while as a younger man but his hypocrisy in this space is legendary. He's known for putting CH7 and 6PR employees forward to the companies they worked for as "potentially dangerous to the stations reputation" and dobbing them for the same stuff he was doing.

He often would also complain to Ch7 about his airtime when calling the footy. Always wanted to be sure he had more airtime than his colleagues %-wise in terms of calling games or camera time. Used a stop watch to work it out for himself. No coincidence at all that once Dennis was gone from calling AFL, Ch7 ended Bazil doing it as soon as they could. It's also no coincidence the only Ch7 calling jobs he ever had were in Commetti's areas. Ruining footy and then ruining the Olympic swimming. Baz attached himself to DC's back passage in the worst way and Commetti rewarded his complete devotion to him by lobbying hard for him.

A mate of mine opened a restaurant years ago and Baz came in with a number of people and laughed off paying the bill because according to Bazil it it was worth it to my mate to have him seen there. $2k bill which is a lot for most restaurants. CH7 ended up paying the bill for him when my mate complained.

He's a huge "don't you know who I am" guy too and gets very offended every time he's not red carpeted. The best way I know how to annoy him nowadays when I see him is re-introducing myself to him now that we see each other much less often and asking him his name in front of others - particularly women.

Lots of people like Commetti and each to their own commentary wise but as a bloke he's very hard to like too unless he wants something from you or he sees you on his level. I could never stand the negativity he had towards us in his calls. But my main gripe with him is not that or his grooming and protection of Bazil, its more that there are very few people in the WA media who have hurt Freo as much as he has, and most of it can be traced back to him. Right from the start he set the tone in the WA media by making it cool in media circles to talk Freo down. He fawned over Malthouse which is likely where it came from and so he formed his own little band of acolytes and used to feed Hagdorn, Barich, Vlahos and bunches of other low level media guys I can't remember any more with anti-Freo stuff. Dennis got Scott Watters canned from 6PR because when Scott was Freo's gameday voice on the mic and ground announcer, as the teams ran out for Derby he said "I don't like these guys and can't wait to beat them" during the pre-game ra-ra session with the crowd. Vlahos got the call from Dennis and suspended him from radio saying that sort of conduct was not acceptable and then canned him later that year.

Nisbett used to call Dennis when he wanted him to control media people before doing it by threatening them himself once he got the top gig at the Eagles. And I was told by one of the initial marketing crew at Freo it all started because when we started we didn't gift King Dennis a corporate box for his own personal use on gameday when he demanded it so he could Big himself up with people whilst he was calling games.

I'm convinced guys like Ryan Daniels would not exist if Commetti was still around. Or if Ryan did he'd be inducted in to the Dennis way and not be as fair.

Anyway, enough of those 2 for me. Hopefully his name disappears from everywhere soon the way Dennis thankfully has.

They both sound like narsarcists. I've had someone managing me a number if years ago and those traits are very similar just in a different setting.

The whole attitude of cutting someone else's career off completely without guilt just to reach the top and basically plan methodically every vindictive move.

Yeah but apart from that....

Thx Wobbly for the inside running. Ewwwwww. I'm disappointed to hear that about DC but I still can't help but laugh when I recall his description of Spider Burton as...'the galloping hat-rack'.

Fully appreciated this novella

My Buddy is NOD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said.

By the by, one type of person I hate, are the ones who “suck up to you”, to get information or advantage, ........... then ignore you there after. Baz is the king of these types of people, I dub “used car salesmen”.

Let’s put it bluntly, Baz is a very slimy character.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back