Roast Basil Zempilas......

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been known to have a few nose beets. If you don't know what's a nose beer it's powder up your nose.

He loves it

Does anyone remember Basil's Footy Show from around the mid 90's? I can't remember much but I think it was pretty bad and didn't last that long.

Has he actually achieved anything as Lord Mayor? I remember him having an issue with the homeless.

He irritates me.

Does anyone remember Basil's Footy Show from around the mid 90's? I can't remember much but I think it was pretty bad and didn't last that long.

Has he actually achieved anything as Lord Mayor? I remember him having an issue with the homeless.

He irritates me.

He hates the homeless and people who don't identify as heterosexual

I don't know how he was ever successful off field. He was a decent WAFL player, useless commentator, and a s**t politician who loves the blow. I hope he got more when he sold his soul. His success as a politician is a massive indictment on modern society. We truly will vote for anybody whose name sparks recognition.

He irritates me.
Him and Neil Brooks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neil Brooks was really good in this role, I went to his footy show production at ch 7 a couple of times, really entertaining, a real pity that side issues got on top of him.
Got told a story about him over the weekend from way back in the 80s during his swimming career. Came out to the local pool in the country here for an appearance after being paid a fair some of money by the small swim club. Then swam literally one lap of the pool before getting out apparently because of his asthma and then just left.

Was a great swimmer and loved his commentary with Dennis but sounds like a prick of a bloke.

Got told a story about him over the weekend from way back in the 80s during his swimming career. Came out to the local pool in the country here for an appearance after being paid a fair some of money by the small swim club. Then swam literally one lap of the pool before getting out apparently because of his asthma and then just left.

Was a great swimmer and loved his commentary with Dennis but sounds like a prick of a bloke.
Yeah can’t argue the s**t bloke comment, he blew a very promising career was a bit of a natural in front of the camera and funny. Basil taking over was a disappointment.

I witnessed them all, and they were all rubbish. Its what you had to do to get a snippet of information about the Dockers, at least that's my excuse for watching them.

Does anyone else remember Basil doing Sat night studio updates from other grounds where he did an entire segment without realising he had all this white foamy crap around his lips.

I witnessed them all, and they were all rubbish. Its what you had to do to get a snippet of information about the Dockers, at least that's my excuse for watching them.

Does anyone else remember Basil doing Sat night studio updates from other grounds where he did an entire segment without realising he had all this white foamy crap around his lips.

All I see is Eagles scumbags

I don't know how he was ever successful off field. He was a decent WAFL player, useless commentator, and a s**t politician who loves the blow. I hope he got more when he sold his soul. His success as a politician is a massive indictment on modern society. We truly will vote for anybody whose name sparks recognition.
As a West Perth supporter, I would never describe basil as a decent wafl player....more like poor with occasional ok performances and the very seldom good performance.

The only one I remember from that video is Basil's Footy Show. I vaguely remember it as being pretty s**t, the clip shown in that video does nothing to change my view. The others I was probably too young and had better things to do (ie. play Street Fighter II).

Aren't local council voter turnout rates super low?

They are and (as a ratepayer and voter in that municipality) I felt that the candidates were all terrible, with Basil actually being nowhere near the worst candidate, and that is saying something because my own personal interactions have been as awful or worse as people assume he is in this thread. This makes it very hard to be motivated to vote.

<rant>
What I care about as a ratepayer are things like the amount of graffiti that is continually put up (and not taken down by the council quickly), damage to property, break ins, thefts and the smells from defecation on the streets; yet we have a deputy mayor whose priority seems to be to have more statues of women in the city (who started her campaign on the matter without even knowing the correct number of existing statues of women) and other sjw matters. I get that as she is an architect so these things might gain more of a priority in her head but how about concentrating on planning controls and development matters such as the two-way street conversion program that will actually make a financial difference to businesses and that in the main (apart from more disruption) most of the community wants as well? I am sure she will (if there is the fame and glory in it) probably run for state government at some point after serving her time at local government, so that she can turn up to "community consultation" meetings like John Carey and talk over the top of people in group discussions like he does and tell us how he is right and you are wrong.

The disconnect between what the average voter wants and what we get is difficult to swallow; I get that the council officers need to be guiding the development of a city to meet the next lot of people's requirements (been there done that as a council official) but they are also supposed to be representing the ratepayers (both residents and businesses) and trying to come up with a balance. I gave up on councillors long ago, but when the new council is even more self-indulgent than the previous one that got dismissed you do worry a bit about society.
</rant>

why does this turdburglar occupy our consciousness?
we should delete this thread & ignore anything the Gonzo lookalike puts out.

Its horrible logging in to the Board at the moment and seeing this halfwit, egomaniacal mental fringe dweller taking up space. I was actually hoping this thread was made to announce he'd finally been busted for his habits and was having to resign from all of his public roles.

A man can dream I guess.

It's also horrible logging in to this board and seeing all the hate. A lot from people that have never met the bloke. I hope you can all find some peace sooner rather than later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back