Roast Basil Zempilas......

Remove this Banner Ad

I had no issue with him today, the dickhead sitting next him on the other hand.
Dennis went out of his way as much as possible to tell everyone how impressive WCE were last night in comparison to us and then just constantly talked about how amazing the Sydney effort was today.

Didn't actually realise we won.
Haha, just bitched about it in the other thread. No subtlety in his favouritism.

Really? I don't think he's ever particularly liked West Coast. He often makes a point of saying their full name, as if to point out how silly a name it is.

Really? I don't think he's ever particularly liked West Coast. He often makes a point of saying their full name, as if to point out how silly a name it is.

I think that's more a response to Healy/Russell and the rest who persist with calling them "the West Coast". Reckon it would drive him mad much like it does with us. I reckon it's a good theory anyway.

Basil and Dennis need to just to focus on the game in front of them. their wce and channel 7 players bias is annoying

BASIL! BASIL! BASIL!
PLEASE READ THIS!
We don't hate you, we want to love you, but you make it so hard.............BASIL READ THIS.......ABSORB THIS>>>>>>COME FRESH AND WE WONT HOLD IT AGAINST YOU
It must be hard for them when your boss spends millions of dollars every year on the Egirls.

I think that's more a response to Healy/Russell and the rest who persist with calling them "the West Coast". Reckon it would drive him mad much like it does with us. I reckon it's a good theory anyway.

There's a youtube vid somewhere of him commenting on hearing the name for the first time...

Found it!

There's a youtube vid somewhere of him commenting on hearing the name for the first time...

Found it!

I reckon if that's honestly his biggest disappointment then he has a fair bit of emotional investment in that club. Someone more neutral honestly wouldn't give two shits. Or they'd just laugh.

As much as he shits me sometimes, he's still head and shoulders above anyone else in the industry though. Sitting next to Bas today was like Barack Obama conferring with a cat.

Saw the whole 7 commentary team leaving the stadium as I was walking past. Dennis had his head down just walking to his car; Tim Watson was smiling to a few people as they were calling out to him; Welsh - well pretty much he was just being ignored... But Basil - he was working the crowd, yeah just working that crowd, big fake grins, winks, pointing the finger... generally just loving himself SICK. Seriously, I said to my partner - what would it be worth for me to go and poke him in the fricken eyeball with the end of my flag stick? I so would have loved to.

I reckon if that's honestly his biggest disappointment then he has a fair bit of emotional investment in that club. Someone more neutral honestly wouldn't give two shits. Or they'd just laugh.

As much as he shits me sometimes, he's still head and shoulders above anyone in the industry though. Sitting next to Bas today was like Barack Obama conferring with a cat.

Oh, I think he prefers West Coast over any non WA clubs - they have been the standard bearer for the state for years now, (wrongfully) taking the place of our State of Origin team. Above all, I think he just wants WA teams to do well, and right now you can see why it looks like West Coast may be about to do it again, while Fremantle fall at the last hurdle.

Saw the whole 7 commentary team leaving the stadium as I was walking past. Dennis had his head down just walking to his car; Tim Watson was smiling to a few people as they were calling out to him; Welsh - well pretty much he was just being ignored... But Basil - he was working the crowd, yeah just working that crowd, big fake grins, winks, pointing the finger... generally just loving himself SICK. Seriously, I said to my partner - what would it be worth for me to go and poke him in the fricken eyeball with the end of my flag stick? I so would have loved to.

lol'd.

Don't know what your issue with Bas is though, the man is obviously brimming with latent charisma and sex appeal. You don't let those talents go to waste. I'm sure all the hetero girls were swooning for him.

More seriously, how is a man completely lacking in charisma, looks, basic ability and without a CEO brother employed as a caller?

Oh, I think he prefers West Coast over any non WA clubs - they have been the standard bearer for the state for years now, (wrongfully) taking the place of our State of Origin team. Above all, I think he just wants WA teams to do well, and right now you can see why it looks like West Coast may be about to do it again, while Fremantle fall at the last hurdle.

Yes I can't deny that, he's very parochial and it's a nice bit of representation in a Victorian dominated game.

So why didn't you have the courage of your convictions and CONFRONT him with your fury and hatred, let alone attempt to "poke him in the fricken eyeball"??

Answer: like many of the bullies, haters and psychos on this thread you're a coward who'd rather sook and snitch anonymously because you know perfectly well you'd be arrested and publicly named and shamed.

It's frightening that a so called Moderator is egging on this verbal violence and one of the worst offenders. Strange, I clicked on this thread thinking it might be entertaining and good natured ribbing - which I thought "roasts" were.

I have no opinion on Basil. He's just another commentator doing his best and pointing out the bleeding obvious that Freo has had a very ordinary 2nd half to the season - and were VERY lucky to win yesterday against a very undermanned Sydney, at home with a hostile and parochial crowd and with having fewer scoring shots.

So why didn't you have the courage of your convictions and CONFRONT him with your fury and hatred, let alone attempt to "poke him in the fricken eyeball"??

Answer: like many of the bullies, haters and psychos on this thread you're a coward who'd rather sook and snitch anonymously because you know perfectly well you'd be arrested and publicly named and shamed.

Ok little doggie back to the hill you came from.

IP is a great contributor on this forum, even makes the time to appear on the only totally Fremantle radio program.

I find your attempt to link her with bullies, haters and psychos highly offensive.

You, my little mutt, need to ease up a bit or you will be put back on your chain. IP's comments are not literal, the forum allows people to vent after something annoys them.

There was no bullying, there was humour, but being a dog from the hills you clearly didn't get it.

Now go and play with some fleas elsewhere, that type of comment is not welcome here.

It's frightening that a so called Moderator is egging on this verbal violence and one of the worst offenders. Strange, I clicked on this thread thinking it might be entertaining and good natured ribbing - which I thought "roasts" were.

I have no opinion on Basil. He's just another commentator doing his best and pointing out the bleeding obvious that Freo has had a very ordinary 2nd half to the season - and were VERY lucky to win yesterday against a very undermanned Sydney, at home with a hostile and parochial crowd and with having fewer scoring shots.

Lots of strong overreaction in this post.

Thanks Basil

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok little doggie back to the hill you came from.

IP is a great contributor on this forum, even makes the time to appear on the only totally Fremantle radio program.

I find your attempt to link her with bullies, haters and psychos highly offensive.

You, my little mutt, need to ease up a bit or you will be put back on your chain. IP's comments are not literal, the forum allows people to vent after something annoys them.

There was no bullying, there was humour, but being a dog from the hills you clearly didn't get it.

Now go and play with some fleas elsewhere, that type of comment is not welcome here.
Yeah, LOTS of humour in abuse and threatened violence! HA HA
Re bullies and cowards etc, I rest my case.

Your clearly not the smartest pup in the pound. The comments are a show of frustration and not meant to be taken in a literal manner!!!

"Shows of frustration" and "venting" in an abusive and violent manner a major cause of hurt and pain in the world. At least I'm smart enough to know that. (AND I know how to use an apostrophe - lol.)

I'm sure Fremantle FC would be delighted to associate itself with this thread. Not.

"Shows of frustration" and "venting" in an abusive and violent manner a major cause of hurt and pain in the world. At least I'm smart enough to know that. (AND I know how to use an apostrophe - lol.)

I'm sure Fremantle FC would be delighted to associate itself with this thread. Not.
OK, that trial of going off your meds obviously hasn't worked Hilldog...

well,oh my.... look everyone. It's a;
reverse.jpg
reverse.jpg
reverse.jpg
reverse.jpg
reverse.jpg

What a angry little cube of hatred you are.

well,oh my.... look everyone. It's a;
reverse.jpg
reverse.jpg
reverse.jpg
reverse.jpg
reverse.jpg

What a angry little cube of hatred you are.
My dear fellow threaders

I am a Ph.D student writing a thesis on The Consequences of Standing up to Online Bullying, and Why No-one Does It.

I have conducted an experiment on a real board and you have illustrated my point perfectly! Thank you. I’m guessing you're the kind of people whose kids are online right now doing the same to another kid and you turn a blind eye and pass it off as “humour”, “they deserve it” and “just venting”. Like booing Adam Goodes. Right. Well, I actually do have a life so happy to never post again and leave you to wallow in your spite and malice. Cheers.

My dear fellow threaders

I am a Ph.D student writing a thesis on The Consequences of Standing up to Online Bullying, and Why No-one Does It.

I have conducted an experiment on a real board and you have illustrated my point perfectly! Thank you. I’m guessing you're the kind of people whose kids are online right now doing the same to another kid and you turn a blind eye and pass it off as “humour”, “they deserve it” and “just venting”. Like booing Adam Goodes. Right. Well, I actually do have a life so happy to never post again and leave you to wallow in your spite and malice. Cheers.

Cool story.

I'm a Time Doctor from Gallafrey and through my research I see your telling quite the furphy.

Thank you for illustrating my correct call on you being a reverse troll.

My dear fellow threaders

Lots of that spite and malice going around Hilldog... or at least there is towards Zemplas and his thinly-veiled, condescending attempts at impartiality - so it's a bit late for moral indignation surely.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/shut-the-f-k-up-basil.1006399/

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/basil-zempilas-the-worst-commentator-ever.1076005/

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hamish-mclachlan-and-basil-zempilas.1056536/

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/well-well-the-tuggers-and-robbo-get-angry-over-basil.1099975/

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/is-basil-zempilas-the-worst-commentator-in-footy.971403/

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/who-the-flock-is-basil-zempilas.964833/

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/basil-zempilas.964081/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back