Bathroom Scales

Remove this Banner Ad

I just bought some from ebay... I was bidding on some 'Seca' and for what ever reason i forgot about the bid and lost out...

I ended up buying some others but i wish i stuck with the plan to buy Seca... Check out ebay, you might find a vintage pair.... Depends what you're after really, i actually don't like digital scales hence why these appeal to me.

131262_seca_magna_792.jpg

I just bought some from ebay... I was bidding on some 'Seca' and for what ever reason i forgot about the bid and lost out...

I ended up buying some others but i wish i stuck with the plan to buy Seca... Check out ebay, you might find a vintage pair.... Depends what you're after really, i actually don't like digital scales hence why these appeal to me.

Thanks they look good.

What do you dislike about digital scales? Surely accurate and easy to read results are a good thing when your measuring something?

Hindsight, I would've got those, but the reviews at the time I bought were pretty ordinary.
The withings ones are great, but I couldn't give a s**t about BMI; BF% is a much more valuable measurement.

I've still got my old Tanita BF% ones though, so I use the Withing most days, then those every few weeks.

I saw varied reviews also. Decided that the reviews came from people obsessed with weighing themselves multiple times per day (so of course accuracy is limited - once per week at the same time for me).

Mine have been perfect. The kick is it syncs with other apps like run keeper and myfitnesspal, if you use those

(Log in to remove this ad.)

digital may do the job but SECA looks great
Im the same, the SECA look great. Im over the digital scales rubbish, their is no need for them as none are fully accurate. I have had 2 DEXA scans and at the beginning of each scan you jump in the scales (bathroom type) just to fill the form out with name, age height, weight etc, and the first time it was -2kg and 2nd time +2.5kg compared to DEXA.

and the weight difference over the day?
It interests me greatly to see how much it varies throughout the day depending on what i've eaten, ie lots of carbs, or none. I'm getting to the point where I can predict within a couple of hundred grams what I weigh based on what I have/haven't eaten so far that day. 70.5 a couple of hrs ago, haha.

It interests me greatly to see how much it varies throughout the day depending on what i've eaten, ie lots of carbs, or none. I'm getting to the point where I can predict within a couple of hundred grams what I weigh based on what I have/haven't eaten so far that day. 70.5 a couple of hrs ago, haha.

My weight can vary by 1.5kg over the course of the day. Yours?

But NONE of that is weight/fat gain.

Wow, just looking up SECA mechanicals and they are nearly 200 bucks. Would still be worth it though, and look cool in the bathroom.

Wow, just looking up SECA mechanicals and they are nearly 200 bucks. Would still be worth it though, and look cool in the bathroom.

A vintage pair went for about $20 on ebay a couple of months ago (unfortunately i missed the ending). Even an old set would be fantastic as the design is identical and they're built to last forever....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back