Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suspiria (the original 1977) - Jazny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah in theory it sounds cool.

On film is a different story.

What are your favourite parts of Bladerunner?
The original was Rutger Hauer as Roy Batty, the scene where he meets his maker.

In 2049 my favourite scene is probably the final car chase in the rain.

You have no imagination and an attention span of a tsetse fly so there no point me trying to explain you why. If you don't like then it then go watch 50 shades of gray or something like that which is probably more up your alley.
lol, I’m never short on something to watch.

So what part of imagination is needed to think Bladerunner is an “all time classic”..?

I mean, give some reasons why it’s so great. Sure Harrison’s acting is pretty cool but he’s basically just playing himself, the FX look sweet but simple, the villains don’t seem too dangerous and is Sean Young really the MacGuffin or was it the toy maker?

If you've never seen it on the "big screen" then you'll never appreciate it for what's it's worth. It's possibly as good as Ridley Scott's other masterpiece "ALIEN". If you have no imagination to appreciate a fine well made scifi film with such a simple little storyline then I can't help you any scenes and other reasons why this film is so good, If you don't like it then so be it.

If you've never seen it on the "big screen" then you'll never appreciate it for what's it's worth. It's possibly as good as Ridley Scott's other masterpiece "ALIEN". If you have no imagination to appreciate a fine well made scifi film with such a simple little storyline then I can't help you any scenes and other reasons why this film is so good, If you don't like it then so be it.
So you can’t tell me why it’s so good, not even in your own words besides being bedazzled by a big screen?

Season 4 Episode 22 GIF by Paramount+

So you can’t tell me why it’s so good, not even in your own words besides being bedazzled by a big screen?

Season 4 Episode 22 GIF by Paramount+
Rutger Hauers performance.
Clever ending where the villain becomes a hero, the hero becomes a villain
Exciting themes like mortality, finding meaning, the essence of humanity.

I hated Blade Runner 2049, not a patch on Ridley Scott's brilliant original. A bit like the latest Dune atrocity - David Lynch's beautifully shot original will never be surpassed despite what the producers did to it in the cutting room.

Last edited:
I hated Blade Runner 2049, not a patch on Ridley Scott's brilliant original. A bit like the latest Dune atrocity - David Lynch's beautifully shot original will never be surpassed despite what the producers did to it in the cutting room.
Well played. I started to type an actual response.

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So now whilst you’re confused over why you think Bladerunner is so cool (because you can’t seem to explain why you even like it) what did you think of Sir Scott’s ‘Prometheus’..?
I know Prometheus was almost universally panned by the critics but I loved it. There's one in every crowd :smirk:

I know Prometheus was almost universally panned by the critics but I loved it. There's one in every crowd :smirk:
I didn't mind Prometheus either. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it but if it was on Foxtel or something I'd have it on.

Back