• They Live - Reppie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suspiria (the original 1977) - Jazny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

NastyOffbeatFlamingo-size_restricted.gif

I watched Picnic at Hanging Rock last night. It is easily the GOAT Australian movie!! :thumbsu: Spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn't seen it, you should watch it, it is just incredible!

I think Miranda, Marion and Miss McCraw are all inter-dimensional angels. They all talked about humans in a very third person observational way, like when Miss McCraw was talking about being at the mercy of snakes and such, she says "how foolish human creatures can be". And Marion looks down from the rock at the picnicers below and observes "A surprising number of human beings are without purpose".

Miranda knows things she shouldn't know. And Mademoisselle de Porties sees Miranda as other-worldy, like a Botecelli Angel. When she says this Miss McCraw looks at her all surprised like she is shocked that Mademoisselle de Porties has discovered her secret. :eekv1:

Miss McCraw is definitely the leader of the inter-dimensional angels. She is super intelligent. She gives a knowing smile when Irma quips that the rock has been waiting "a million years, just for us".

Irma is always following the other two when she is on the rock, I think she is just going along with them not quite knowing why because she is just a human caught up in what is happening. I think that is why she is not taken fully to the other dimension when McCraw, Mirand and Marion! Or maybe they purposely took Irma with them for some reason but only for a little while!

Sara's story is saddest of all and very disturbing. I like to think when Sara dies she joins Miranda in the other dimensional heaven.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Lethality for his winning nom. I guess we are watching Blade Runner 2049 with Ryan Gosling. Please watch the movie and give your thoughts in this thread that has been completely killed by the mods for no reason 😭
Like F**k. Once was enough and I think the original Bladerunner is incredibly overrated also.

If I want a Ridley Scott movie it’s Alien all the way.

I agree with HC, it's boring, over long and overrated
Yeah I just never got it. Sure some stuff looks cool if you’re into that Japanese cyber punk type fantasy but it’s so droll with the story.

I fail to see what makes it a “classic”..

I reckon though on mushrooms in a theatre it would be great.

The original Blade Runner circa 1982 is an absolute classic scifi flick, who cares what you think of it.
What makes it an “absolute classic” besides your personal opinion?

It’s boring as batshit and is a weaker version of a utopian world than what we saw in another similar movie from the same era titled ‘Rollerball’ which kicks bladerunners ass IMO.

Back