BBL 03 Final: Perth Scorchers vs Hobart Hurricanes @ The Furnace, 7:30 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will win? Hopefully it's 3rd time lucky for the Scorchers, with Shaun Marsh named in the 13 man squad. Hobart have lost key death bowler Ben Laughlin and International allrounder Shoaib Malik which makes the bowling look a lot tighter for the visitors.

Perth Squad: Simon Katich (c), Michael Beer, Jason Behrendorff, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Pat Cumins, Brad Hogg, Mitch Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Craig Simmons, Alfonso Thomas, Ashton Turner, Adam Voges, Sam Whiteman (+)

Hobart Squad: George Bailey (c), Tim Paine (+), Travis Birt, Aiden Blizzard, Doug Bollinger, Cameron Boyce, Xavier Doherty, Ben Dunk, Evan Gulbis, Ben Hilfenhaus, Dimi Mascerenhas, Joe Mennie, Jon Wells

Expected Sides (IMO):

Katich Paine (+)
Simmons Dunk
S Marsh Wells
Whiteman (+) Bailey
M Marsh Birt
Voges Gulbis
Coulter-Nile Mascerenhas
Cummins Mennie
Thomas Hilfenhaus
Behrendorff Boyce
Hogg Bollinger

I'm going with the home side here, not by much though

I was thinking of going the 2 spinners but I remembered that it was in Perth. Who's going to bowl at the death now? Doug and ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laughlin out is big. Not only because he is a wicket-taker and a good death bowler, but it creates lineup problems for the Hurricanes. Will Doherty would come in for Malik and bowl some really tight overs, butleaving the batting order even shorter than it was? Then do they bring Gulbis or Mennie in for Laughlin? Gulbis allows them to at least bat to 7 (though a HS of 22 in his 8 T20 innings isn't confidence-inspiring) but his bowling has been poor and he can really leak runs. Mennie would provide a very solid bowling option, but Mascarenhas at 6 doesn't look great.

Personally, I'd probably go with the same as eth_dog. Boyce will be a much more dangerous spin option on the WACA than Doherty and Mennie needs to be in to provide threatening bowling.

Still to be confirmed, but it looks like SoS is playing for the Scorchers tonight :thumbsu:

And congrats to Yassir, Katto and Hoggy for making the All-Star team.

But no Simmo o_O
He wasn't better than Dunk, Wright or White this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back