BC3,Vlahos etc

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a lot more to that story than meets the eye - there were plenty of good judges that "queried" this purchase at the time including Dr Turf. Put simply the horse was not worth $5M on type - it was all hype for BC3 and as we now know "The Edge". Laminitis is an insidious disease - and there is no known cure just a management plan - BUT there have been a big swing in claims were Laminitis is listed as the cause of death.

Can of worms just got bigger.

My understanding is that his near fore was on sideways and the X-ray of his near fore knee was ordinary, so yes on type he was not worth 5M, from memory most good judges thought the Fastnet Colt that the Hawkes camp ended up with was clearly the best horse on type.

I do remember Turfy on radio as the news broke of his illness saying that the sale of Jimmy was very suspect as there were no serious biders and in fact the underbidders looked as though they were going to have heart attack when they thought they would end up with him, it seemed very scripted.

The entire situation stinks, I find it extremely hard to believe that Jimmy's illness is just one big coincidence!

According to Fairfax, there is a creditors meeting on January 31.

Wonder who will turn up, as you would think the largest creditors will play by their own rules.

This will leave the remaining investors, who basically gave money to a guy, who spent it all. There's no paper trail and it's gone.

The only money left will be Vlahos' assets, which have been frozen

According to Fairfax, there is a creditors meeting on January 31.

Wonder who will turn up, as you would think the largest creditors will play by their own rules.

This will leave the remaining investors, who basically gave money to a guy, who spent it all. There's no paper trail and it's gone.

The only money left will be Vlahos' assets, which have been frozen

Or are in his wife's name.

so what tthe latest on Bill and the missing money?

There was a story in yesterday's Hun. Financial investigators are finding accounts linked to different business name's all connected to The Edge yet they have all been emptied out. 30 syndicates have made fraud complaints to the police.

Just read this as well, funny and sad at the same time.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/cred...lahos-failed-punting-club-20140114-30t0v.html

And while Mr Vlahos claimed he bet millions every weekend, he had just 79¢ left in the three betting accounts he operated when he declared bankruptcy on December 16.
Mr White said Mr Vlahos had gambling accounts with Luxbet, Betfair, Unibet, IAS and Tabcorp.
While Mr Vlahos claimed to have a system for picking winning horses, he lost all of the $100,000 he invested with Luxbet before closing the account in October 2010.
He lost $428,000 to Unibet, where $1.6 million flowed through his account. ''The account contained a balance of 79¢ at the date of the bankruptcy,'' Mr White said.
At Betfair, Mr Vlahos did better, winning $50,000 before closing the account in May last year. There has been no betting through his IAS account, run jointly with his wife, since 2004 and it has been closed. His Tabcorp account also had no money in it.

30 syndicates have made fraud complaints to the police.

Imagine these will be honest, hardworking people who bought whatever The Edge were spruiking, have made a poor decision and are paying the price now.

The big creditors will be of the iron-bar type I'd suggest.

Old mate Bill has good reason to be looking at a Mokbel like escape to an island in the sun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Mr Vlahos, who has met with Mr White four times, did not attend the meeting because of fears for his safety."

Last I heard he wasnt fearing for his safety at the bar on Hamilton Island

seth

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/s...-nsw-country-pub/story-fnibcaa0-1226833138525
DISGRACED punting club architect Bill Vlahos has been found on the run at a country New South Wales pub, reading the form guide.
A drinker snapped a picture on his smartphone of the man accused of running a $144 million Ponzi scheme.
Hotel staff said on Thursday night that it was “definitely” Mr Vlahos, and the picture has been circulating among punting club members who have been trying to find him.
He was cornered at the Barooga Hotel, just across the border from his wife’s home town of Cobram, Victoria.
The image, taken two weeks ago, is the first of Mr Vlahos since reports that he was bashed and his ute was torched two days after he revealed that the money in his controversial punting club, The Edge, had disappeared.
“Came in Saturday and again on Sunday — was having a punt on the Saturday and came in again on the Sunday with his missus,’’ a witness said.
“Seemed pretty relaxed, just having a bet on the horses.’’
A worker at the pub confirmed that Mr Vlahos had been in on the weekend of February 8 and 9.
“I have seen him come in twice,” an employee said.
“It was a Saturday and a Sunday. I remember because I wasn’t working at the time and I was sitting in the TAB and in he walked.
“No one spoke to him.”
There have also been sightings of Mr Vlahos at an Albury shopping centre last month, at Mornington Beach, at Hamilton Island, and at his former home in Torquay.
Victoria Police fraud investigators have stepped up their probe into Mr Vlahos’s activities in recent weeks.
They have interviewed syndicate leaders, and at least one has been questioned about money used to pay out other members instead of being placed into the main pool.
Fraud squad officers have obtained a copy of a recording of a Herald Sun interview with Mr Vlahos, which is now forming part of their evidence in the case against the disgraced racing identity.
Mr Vlahos appears to be still with his wife, Joanne, and their two children, despite revelations that the punting club architect flew two strippers first-class to Dubai when his empire was at its height.

hewentthataway.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back