List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

He is an absolute ******* idiot and he's basing Clarko's powers off an unconfirmed report. He was an absolute dick about our last coaching hire process too. He has a brand that says he must be a champion of the underdog and stand up to power no matter how wrong he is and how many good people he shits on to get his message across.
Pompous, supercilious hypocrite. Glad he's mostly invisible these days.
Go on. Tell us what you really think ....

Yep. How dare North not interview Joyce Brown? Joyce was probably the only person less qualified for the role than David Noble.

Nowadays he's a slightly bitter, over the hill hipster version of Gerard Whatley. Thinks that everytime he sends out a tweet that people should treat it like some divine pronouncement.

In reality, he's just another salty Saints supporter. Even at our lowest point in half a century, we're closer to a flag than his club. We know it and he knows it. F*** him.
Francis is a bit hyperbolic. He does get a bit righteous. He is an Arsenal supporter and that weighs heavy on us. But the criticism is warranted if what is being purported is true and the BA going was a precondition. So far Sonja has been pretty good at pulling the right rein. I'd cut her some slack and allow her to see how things evolve. Walsh report is undoubtedly related I would have thought. This board is world-class at shooting the messenger.

Hope you don't mind the intrusion...

A year ago Carlton sacked Cain Liddle as CEO; a guy who had done wonders for the club commercially but presided over a horrible period on-field and a couple of coaching failures (including one caretaker who got the permanent gig). Stop me if this sounds familiar....

We appointed Brian Cook as his replacement, a geriatric but someone who had the track record both commercially and football-ially....

Obviously Cook's appointment is only one factor in Carlton's improvement this year, but while I was a fan of Liddle I feel much more reassured with Cook in charge.

Hopefully you guys find an equally highly-qualified replacement as CEO. I would love to see our clubs rise back up the ladder so we are playing for some high-stakes McKay cups in the coming years!!!
People come and go sometimes disappointingly others you’re glad to see the end of them but the club goes on.
Problem is when the barrow is being pushed by out side forces, that is what makes it distasteful.

Appreciate the sentiment though.

People come and go sometimes disappointingly others you’re glad to see the end of them but the club goes on.
Problem is when the barrow is being pushed by outside forces, that is what makes it distasteful.

Appreciate the sentiment though.

I am a Carlton supporter. I didn't realise the barrow could be pushed by internal forces!!! ;)

If it's true Ben has played a big part in the North Melbourne development as indicated by Sonja and Ben and if it comes to fruition and cements North Melbourne in North Melbourne for generations to come, then he has done a great job. It will be his legacy to our club and worthy of recognition.
Farewell Ben and here's hoping we have acceptance of the proposal based on the work you have put in.

He is an absolute ******* idiot and he's basing Clarko's powers off an unconfirmed report. He was an absolute dick about our last coaching hire process too. He has a brand that says he must be a champion of the underdog and stand up to power no matter how wrong he is and how many good people he shits on to get his message across.
Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF

Leach is usually pretty measured about things, he does usually airs genuine opinions and doesn’t go in for cheap shots and the like. For a journo he’s ok

I mean if Clarko is calling all the shots it is a little unorthodox, it may work but it is different
That's what I thought but after standing on the train next to him after the 2010 drawn Collingwood v St Kilda GF, he revealed himself to be a scary nut job. He carried on like a lunatic.

Find it interesting that he made special mention of PP as unfinished business, now expecting a good outcome.

It's amazing how quickly that journalists and some supporters forget - we did take the decision to do a complete, no-holes barred rebuild. We chose to get rid of almost all of our underperforming, mature aged list. Those guys were never going to get us further than 10th or so.

It was always going to be painful. Noble wasn't the right guy and neither were some of the assistants. But even with the right coach, these years were always going to be difficult. Morale was going to be tested and footy ops people sacked. It's all part of a rebuild. It was absolutely still the right decision though.

If Amarfio was getting too involved in football decisions, which was reportedly the case, then fair enough if he's been pushed because he doesn't have the experience or expertise to do that. He should've known when to pull back.

But people saying he should've gone because of the spoons in the first 2 years of a rebuild - you can't have your cake and eat it too. We're getting the high draft picks and elite talent in because we chose a ground zero rebuild. And him leaving the club in good financial shape is a testament to his business skills.

Complete strawmanning.

Sonja was also either on the board or in the presidential position during all of those events. Should she chuck it in then?

Do you not think the CEO who oversees the day to day running of the club is mostly responsible for these downfalls? If not who is? Someone needs to take responsibility. There have been some monumental utensil ups over the last few years.

Not going to the hub and then allowing a dozen players to be delisted while they were still bunked up at the hub with their families is another one. That sort of operation is absolute trash. The players had barely taken their footy gear off ffs.

Sonja stays because she has been in a prominent role for a short period and she has got results in that period. If her pitch to Clarko failed, with no plan B, she would be in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe worry about your own trainwreck down at St. Kilda eh Frank?

But you see if we get our s**t together who will they punch down at?

If we made no moves we would get critique, if we make moves we get critique.

For a small club we have acted in a way that has been significantly better than out bigger counterparts who have voyaged into being dumpster fires.

We are a professional club, who is financially stable and has gone about systematically looking to correct the on field stuff.

We are really not far from them hating us. Because we will not act the way we are supposed.

I look at the saints and I feel pity. We were them and that road leads to no where but heartache.

It's amazing how quickly that journalists and some supporters forget - we did take the decision to do a complete, no-holes barred rebuild. We chose to get rid of almost all of our underperforming, mature aged list. Those guys were never going to get us further than 10th or so.

It was always going to be painful. Noble wasn't the right guy and neither were some of the assistants. But even with the right coach, these years were always going to be difficult. Morale was going to be tested and footy ops people sacked. It's all part of a rebuild. It was absolutely still the right decision though.

If Amarfio was getting too involved in football decisions, which was reportedly the case, then fair enough if he's been pushed because he doesn't have the experience or expertise to do that. He should've known when to pull back.

But people saying he should've gone because of the spoons in the first 2 years of a rebuild - you can't have your cake and eat it too. We're getting the high draft picks and elite talent in because we chose a ground zero rebuild. And him leaving the club in good financial shape is a testament to his business skills.
FYI - it's no holds barred. A wrestling reference.

No holes barred is something else entirely.

Mark Brayshaw firming to be next CEO. According to a source close to Clarko and the Brayshaws

Interesting cos i heard Tom Harley is a bigger chance, we shall see.

Brayshaw is the MD of Levin Health and here is a vid with Clarko promoting CBD oil - medicinal cannabis. Side note - it is a growth industry! Interesting to see where it goes. Could see it replace property as the players choice of investment!

He was Sales Marketing Manager at Port 97 to 99 and CEO of Tigers 00 to 02. Then Clublinks CEO for 11 years, then Coaches Assoc. CEO for 7 years to 2021.

Tom Harley has been Swans CEO for 3 years and for 4 year prior was their head of football. Worked for Ch 7 and the AFL before that. Has been spoken about for the AFL CEO role.

Looks like we are competing with * again, though could never see Brayshaw there but I reckon * would be interested in Harley.

Brayshaw is the MD of Levin Health and here is a vid with Clarko promoting CBD oil - medicinal cannabis. Side note - it is a growth industry! Interesting to see where it goes. Could see it replace property as the players choice of investment!

He was Sales Marketing Manager at Port 97 to 99 and CEO of Tigers 00 to 02. Then Clublinks CEO for 11 years, then Coaches Assoc. CEO for 7 years to 2021.

Tom Harley has been Swans CEO for 3 years and for 4 year prior was their head of football. Worked for Ch 7 and the AFL before that. Has been spoken about for the AFL CEO role.

Looks like we are competing with * again, though could never see Brayshaw there but I reckon * would be interested in Harley.

I think it’s pretty clear Clarko has someone lined up. He has planned this out like the movie ‘Law abiding citizen’ so far. Hopefully it doesn’t end the same.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hope you don't mind the intrusion...

A year ago Carlton sacked Cain Liddle as CEO; a guy who had done wonders for the club commercially but presided over a horrible period on-field and a couple of coaching failures (including one caretaker who got the permanent gig). Stop me if this sounds familiar....

We appointed Brian Cook as his replacement, a geriatric but someone who had the track record both commercially and football-ially....

Obviously Cook's appointment is only one factor in Carlton's improvement this year, but while I was a fan of Liddle I feel much more reassured with Cook in charge.

Hopefully you guys find an equally highly-qualified replacement as CEO. I would love to see our clubs rise back up the ladder so we are playing for some high-stakes McKay cups in the coming years!!!
That is the plan Stan!

who gives a flying, F,,,,, in some situations an autocracy is what's required to get all the ducks in a row,,,,,THEN you give the right ducks (who like riding on the bus with the right driver) the freedom to get on with their roles...... these media w@nkers have no idea about organizational structure and how important it is to culture and performance within any organization. The key is the structure changes as people and organizations evolve and mature.

Mate I posted in the Simpkin thread last night. Just sayin.

Oh wait a mi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back