List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

If this was a demand of Clarko’s, then I’m fine with it.

A CEO is not a position where you can evaluate somebody by focusing on their strengths and ignoring their weaknesses. Commercially he was fantastic, but in regard to football operations he failed to bring in an experienced operator that he could delegate to.

It’s hard to divide blame between Buckley and Amarfio, but essentially nearly every football decision that Amarfio was involved in was a complete failure. We never properly replaced Geoff Walsh after the 2016 season and our onfield results since then speak for themselves.

Respectfully, that's a nonsensical criticism.

It’s ‘nonsensical’ that our CEO was not involved in recruiting our next coach? Lol

What about our 3 recruiters walking out?

Unrest with players?

Key players unsigned threatening to walk?

A coach being sacked under 2 years in the job?

Emails being leaked from within the club?

Do I need to go on? Would the above ever happen at say a Geelong or Sydney?

The club has been a complete debacle over the past 12 months and Amarfio has played a significant role in that. But hey if you think having a few bucks in the bank will get us flag number 5, then good luck to that.

This has obviously been a push from Clarko/Viney to get the right people in place. I’m going to back the bloke who has won 4 flags. Honestly if Sonja didn’t get Clarko done, I would have had grave fears for the future of our club. We would have had no coach, another wooden spoon and several players requesting trades.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If this was a demand of Clarko’s, then I’m fine with it.

A CEO is not a position where you can evaluate somebody by focusing on their strengths and ignoring their weaknesses. Commercially he was fantastic, but in regard to football operations he failed to bring in an experienced operator that he could delegate to.

It’s hard to divide blame between Buckley and Amarfio, but essentially nearly every football decision that Amarfio was involved in was a complete failure. We never properly replaced Geoff Walsh after the 2016 season and our onfield results since then speak for themselves.

I'm guessing but I suspect this is much more to do with the Walsh report rather than any Twitter based rumour about Clarko.

Genuinely don't understand this. Yes the football operations needed an overhaul but if his commercial, stakeholder and fiscal management were as strong as they appear it makes no sense to me at all.
Think he made it clear in the letter, shock jocks like Caro and her relentlessly muck raking nonsense made it impossible.
I Can’t stand that they have got their scalp.
What Ben has been able to achieve in the last 3 years off field is remarkable. And let’s not forget that he has played a part in what’s to come in the near future.

Gutted.

Mark Brayshaw firming to be next CEO. According to a source close to Clarko and the Brayshaws

Most of us are still firm since the day Clarko signed on.

Thanks for your service Ben.

Mark Brayshaw or Euge would do nicely as replacements.

Mark Brayshaw firming to be next CEO. According to a source close to Clarko and the Brayshaws

Gotta say disappointed as well. Clearly very astute commercially given the partnerships with government and the financial position. Classy letter as well I thought.

I would have thought a commercial CEO and Viney as the football guy would have covered both bases quite well provided they could work well together.

What is Mark Brayshaw's history I know he was at Richmond when they were pretty average. Post that?

I just hope we don't drop the ball on the commercial elements. Both the football elements and commercial parts need to work in concert. One fuels the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Ben. Think its a tough call but the right move from both parties. Hope he lands another gig soon.
He did a good job commercially no doubt but clearly some issues with hires and communication with staff/coaches.
We probably need an experienced football CEO right now.

I suppose generally the media has been correct on this. Plenty of scribes have been saying that BA out was part of Clarko's requirements. Lucky guess or in the know - who knows. But the speculation has been rife and end result is correct. We will attract some solid negative media I suspect - 'coach runs the club' sorta stuff.

I suppose generally the media has been correct on this. Plenty of scribes have been saying that BA out was part of Clarko's requirements. Lucky guess or in the know - who knows. But the speculation has been rife and end result is correct. We will attract some solid negative media I suspect - 'coach runs the club' sorta stuff.
Already started

1662091704453.png

He clearly stated in his letter leaving will help clear the air for Clarkson/Viney and Co., not sure the timing needs to be extrapolated any further.

Good far outweighed the bad, all the best for the future Ben, 100% North person.

I'm guessing but I suspect this is much more to do with the Walsh report rather than any Twitter based rumour about Clarko.
Even though it was said publicly that CEO wasn't part of Walsh review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back