Bendigo FL Thread 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
am i reading this rght but the Addy '11 footy supplement has just lobbed in the UAE
Must have come via camel train and by cargo steamer

i see some of the scribes pencilled in the princes park pies for the spoon this year then i check the ladder on the new bfl webpage and the princes park boys are sitting in 3rd spot ---- unbeaten and all

did the goat and co. swallow the wrong brekky cereal the day the tips were due :eek:

Gee, you wonder how anyone ever coped in contests like Geelong vs Collingwood when it was muddy! The way you blokes are talking it's like this kind of thing is unprecedented. What an insult to umpires of the past. How precious we have become.

How about we all wear brightly coloured bibs and do away with club jumpers? You have to appreciate that Maryborough is one of the few (only?) clubs with an alternative strip. The other one (with teal) is in fact closer to Castlemaine's guernsey than that which was used on Friday night.

You would think that one team wearing white shorts, and the other black might be a give away - or that one team's jumpers were predominantly white, the other black would have helped. There's no pleasing some people.

Just because it's a bit harder, it's no excuse for one umpire to resort to complete unprofessionalism that he would give up and turn it into a farce.

Perhaps Maryborough could wear white shorts with their white-base guernseys next time, and C'maine black with theirs. There surely wouldn't be a problem then.

am i reading this rght but the Addy '11 footy supplement has just lobbed in the UAE
Must have come via camel train and by cargo steamer

i see some of the scribes pencilled in the princes park pies for the spoon this year then i check the ladder on the new bfl webpage and the princes park boys are sitting in 3rd spot ---- unbeaten and all

did the goat and co. swallow the wrong brekky cereal the day the tips were due :eek:

I think they just got lazy and didn't do their research. Saw all the departures - and yes there were quite a few - and couldn't fathom that they might still be alright without some of those stars.

Winning the 2's premiership last year indicated their depth was good. But to some, there wasn't much more to Maryborough than Shane Fisher and a couple of other familiar names.

Still, early days yet. 3 wins don't make a successful season.

No it won't be!

Fresh FM have decided to broadcast this one and will rightfully take precedence.
Any reason Gisborne home games dont get a run on the radio ? I dont recall seeing any radio mob there for the last couple of years at least.

Gee Whiz, there are some cracking games this week !

Has anyone noticed that this week team 1 on the ladder is playing team 2, team 3 is playing 4, 5 is playing 6, 7 is playing 8 and 9 is playing 10.

Must be rigged.

and, No, I'm not serious.

Saw maryborough/castlemaine friday night and the jumpers were terrible. No idea who was who (team mates tackling each other), pie players fairly unimpressed after the game. Socks and shorts aren't the answer just fix the strip.

The next 4 weeks we will see where maryborough are at, but seeing the likes of Jackson, Malone, Bondx2 fill the void of some recently departed 'guns' is an encouraging sign.

Storm has had the same problem playing against both of these teams in the past few years, particularly on dark and gloomy days when the navy blue resembles more like a black.

Realise stripes are aligned differently, but to a player in a pack situation who has millisceonds to react, a flash of black or navy blue could trigger a disposal to an opposition player accidentally.

Would have thought the Maryborough side would have used their early 2000's jumper when playing Castlmaine with the teal to assist umpires and supporters in the game (have seen them wear it once against us so I do know that they still use them). Maybe different sponsors now - not sure of the reasoning why/why not ???

Maybe its time for the league to introduce clash or away strips to prevent instances like this occuring in the future. Maybe something that the Goat could run with to fill in the midweek editions of the Addy ???

Looks like I was one step ahead of the league and Addy:

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au...-australian-rules/fashion-police/2144867.aspx

What's going on with Sandhurst? Two weeks ago they were lauded for pushing Square all the way and oh-so-nearly causing a major boilover. After all their improvement after the past couple of seasons, why are they stalling right now?

What's going on with Sandhurst? Two weeks ago they were lauded for pushing Square all the way and oh-so-nearly causing a major boilover. After all their improvement after the past couple of seasons, why are they stalling right now?
I watched the Sandhurst/Eaglehawk game last week, and for what it's worth I thought they just made very poor decisions when they had the ball. They seemed to over-use the ball which lead to a lot of unnecessary turnovers and missed opportunities, particularly in their forward fifty. Of course that’s just one mans opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a good effort from the young Doggies. With a couple of big in's shortly a top 3 spot is not out of the question. Not sure what to make of Square - thought they were 10-15 goals in front of all teams. Maybe just a case of going through the motions until finals time.

Its hard being in Square's position as Gisbourne experienced in the mid 2000's, you dont really have much to prove until finals time.
Aslong as you get through and win the majority games, top gear isn't need til September.

Its hard being in Square's position as Gisbourne experienced in the mid 2000's, you dont really have much to prove until finals time.
Aslong as you get through and win the majority games, top gear isn't need til September.

Agree - like the Pies at the moment - when challenged they can go to a level no one else can. Still it is good for the league that maybe there is a slim chance for the rest of the comp:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Agree - like the Pies at the moment - when challenged they can go to a level no one else can. Still it is good for the league that maybe there is a slim chance for the rest of the comp:thumbsu::thumbsu:

yer i think everyone could sense an upset when saunders kicked his 5th in the 3rd to put gissy 5 goals up. Enter J Bristow what a game singlehandedly lifted his side to victory, in 40 minutes of footy square banged on 12 goals to gisbornes 3, with plenty of players down on form.
Square did look fragile down back, but not sure the ball will get there that often, and they have plenty of scope for improvement from what i saw on their defensive pressure aspects of their game, you would expect plenty of tackling practise at training this week as too many players opted for the bump on saturday instead of tackling. It is only april though expect Square to continue on their merry way for premiership number 3

yer i think everyone could sense an upset when saunders kicked his 5th in the 3rd to put gissy 5 goals up. Enter J Bristow what a game singlehandedly lifted his side to victory, in 40 minutes of footy square banged on 12 goals to gisbornes 3, with plenty of players down on form.
Square did look fragile down back, but not sure the ball will get there that often, and they have plenty of scope for improvement from what i saw on their defensive pressure aspects of their game, you would expect plenty of tackling practise at training this week as too many players opted for the bump on saturday instead of tackling. It is only april though expect Square to continue on their merry way for premiership number 3
Yeah i feel your probably right, though as a Gisborne supporter i can remember thinking the same thing in 2004 and 2007 !

i think a few of the 'experts' slipped gizzy into top 3 for '11 and the double chance --- if not top three, then def. in Top 4
looks like they r heading towards those spots altho still erly days of course

can't see where a Tiger win at the Showgrounds in 2011 could be coming from

[and KA, Pies might be good but what about Cats: 87 wins from past 102 afl matches dating back to round 4 or 5, 2007 ;)
some record, eh]

i think a few of the 'experts' slipped gizzy into top 3 for '11 and the double chance --- if not top three, then def. in Top 4
looks like they r heading towards those spots altho still erly days of course

can't see where a Tiger win at the Showgrounds in 2011 could be coming from

[and KA, Pies might be good but what about Cats: 87 wins from past 102 afl matches dating back to round 4 or 5, 2007 ;)
some record, eh]

Cats were a great side but I watched the Pies live a few weeks ago and this team is the best I have seen - in front of Essendon of 2000 and the Blues in 1995. Against your side it was 16 points the difference with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd and the Pies won by 75. They go to a level that no team can match. Just like Golden Sqaure!

good win by storm tonite (or rather a couple of hrs. back on Sat nite) out at the flat. final margin of 2 goals flattered the home side

strath was in charge all match and had a 5 goal break halfway thru the last. tigga downie got 2 late goals 2 give him 5 for the game. mildren got 5 for the storm

hes some sort of player is mildren. prior held harry m. to 3 snag rolls

strath 15.11; flat 13.11

Cats were a great side but I watched the Pies live a few weeks ago and this team is the best I have seen - in front of Essendon of 2000 and the Blues in 1995. Against your side it was 16 points the difference with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd and the Pies won by 75. They go to a level that no team can match. Just like Golden Sqaure!

Brisbane's 3 in a row not good enough? Collingwood now wouldn't beat 01 02 or 03 brisbane sides FACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back