Bendigo FL Thread 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have it on good authority that Leigh Burke (ex South Bendigo gun CHF) has been approached to coach Bendigo's new VFL side. Playing coach would be heading down a different path than the VFL has seen of late!

Have it on good authority that Leigh Burke (ex South Bendigo gun CHF) has been approached to coach Bendigo's new VFL side. Playing coach would be heading down a different path than the VFL has seen of late!
Couldnt possibly be same Leigh Burke who has been playing with Donald if so good luck with that.

Yeah and Claude will be his assistant & run the bench for him!

Why do you say that?

My understanding is he is a very good footballer.
For a very good footballer he hasnt exactly left a huge mark on NCFL may have credentials as a coach [I dont know whether he has or hasnt] however as a player dont think he would cut the mustard in the VFL.

Most players like to reach the highest level their ability allows. I see no reason why a club cannot do the same. I personally think Golden Square could do what North Ballarat has done, but of course that is up to them. The present Bombers, despite their name, do not represent the Bendigo region - they are all about the self interest of the Essendon football club.

You mean like get a decent ground and dominate a competition for years? Hopefully Square people aren't quite pumping themselves up that highly!

You mean like get a decent ground and dominate a competition for years? Hopefully Square people aren't quite pumping themselves up that highly!

its probably more everyone else rates them that highly i think they have dominated the comp for years! premierships normally indicate that.. maybe not quite 5 years but you didn't state a duration.. as for the ground you can turn a dung heap into a great surface in a matter of months so i would think they probably tick all the boxes that you are suggesting they don't woodsman....

Leigh Burke will be at Melton South as a playing assistant coach

rumour mill is that Nathan Thompson will be joined for the 2012 season by his good mate Marty Pask...the twohit it off when playing for werribee and do radio together...Marty has apparently committed to the first 10games

Hey guys, just after a little bit of info about the quality of grounds and facilities in this league? looking at joining a club in the BFL next season but would like to know bit more about it first.

Coming from the Ovens and Murray where the grounds are quite big, pretty good surfaces and reasonable facilities. How does the BFL measure up to the likes of GV and O and M?

Would imagine they would be pretty similar?

Hey guys, just after a little bit of info about the quality of grounds and facilities in this league? looking at joining a club in the BFL next season but would like to know bit more about it first.

Coming from the Ovens and Murray where the grounds are quite big, pretty good surfaces and reasonable facilities. How does the BFL measure up to the likes of GV and O and M?

Would imagine they would be pretty similar?
All pretty good QEO worlds class

Our grounds are far smaller then both the leagues mentioned(QEO excluding) the drought knocked all surfaces around a bit a few years ago and most need some work on them. QEO is the jewell of the crown.

What club are you from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok cheers for the info guys!

Played with Albury in the O and M, Although been playing down in melbourne last couple of years.
Go to the Dragons (Sandhurst) snake. Their coach is also called snake so what more could you possibly want!

However you would also play your home games on the QEO and be part of their 150th celebration. What a year you would have!!!!

Yeah i agree Albury he'd have a fantastic year if he didn't like success and a socail life :eek:

nah only joking, probably alot worse clubs to go to than Sandhurst.

You peanut Dangerous.

Lloydy will do a great job.

Which club are you raping these days?;)

Max, heard that you were in for the job, and disappointed that you did not get it, priced yourself out of it, pity for you.

Despite the rubbish and rumour expect square to be very strong again, indeed. Good luck to the other teams. Lloyd, Weeks, Rosa on board again, deal done. Gee wizz makes it difficult for other BFL clubs

Max, heard that you were in for the job, and disappointed that you did not get it, priced yourself out of it, pity for you.

Despite the rubbish and rumour expect square to be very strong again, indeed. Good luck to the other teams. Lloyd, Weeks, Rosa on board again, deal done. Gee wizz makes it difficult for other BFL clubs

Yep may as well put the que in the rack and wait and see for the year after. That being said, any non Square key forwards looking to contribute to a side on the up are more than welcome to trek down to Kilmore ;)

You peanut Dangerous.

Lloydy will do a great job.

Which club are you raping these days?;)

Coached Eastern Swans for two years up here, this season l coached Andergrove Kangaroos, they are similar to Strathfieldsaye.

Had junior teams for years then decided to enter Senior team, Andergrove finished 3rd in debut season.
P.S still taking hangers!

Coached Eastern Swans for two years up here, this season l coached Andergrove Kangaroos, they are similar to Strathfieldsaye.

Had junior teams for years then decided to enter Senior team, Andergrove finished 3rd in debut season.
P.S still taking hangers!

pls explain-I think I saw you trying to get a kick at White Hills and did not see fruition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back