Bendigo vs Willy

Remove this Banner Ad

2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors
Williamstown 2.5 7.9 12.12 15.15 (105)
Bendigo Bombers 5.5 9.9 11.14 14.18 (102)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Rose 4 Nicholls 3 Picken 2 Limbach 2 Williams 2 Crawford Beaumont
Bendigo Bombers: Bradley 3 Cloke 2 Maddern 2 Hocking Plummer Houli Lee Jolley McKinnon Dick

BEST:
Williamstown: McKenzie Iles Davies Rose Nicholls Picken
Bendigo Bombers: Bradley Houli Rosa Lonergan Jolley Cole

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Williamstown: None
Bendigo Bombers: None

Yep. Warms the heart.

Houli + Lonergan should play this week.

Will wait to hear reports but I'm thinking it might be time to give Cole a run over MJ to get a bit more dash out of the backline.

Good post, both Lonergan and Houli deserve a run considering our performances.

I'd love for Cole to get back to his best one day and give MJ a push for his spot, he'd want to keep it up though

From today...

Houli - deserves a spot. hard at it, big motor, swift decision making, good disposal. gets forward and can kick goals

Lonergan - looks the goods . tough

Kepler - played well. presented hard, took some great grabs, kicking ok

Cole - hard at it, good disposal today, tries really hard. can be made to look a little slow at times

Chatres - gonna be good...!!!

Dick - as above...weaves out of trouble McLeod like (I wish) that last quarter sprint out of defence was brilliant.

Lee - strong on the lead, average disposal today

Plays of the day : 1. without doubt...Houli taking it in the pocket , scooping up on the run the bending a left foot banana through the sticks..brilliant

2. Dicks run out of the backline. got found out a few times but at least he takes risks.

3. Keplers one take grab in the 3rd quarter. right in front of me, very strong, poor kick for goal though.

4. Cole running onto a 50-50 ball, taking it one grab and smashing through a pack

All in all, a good performance from the guys. whoever was number 9 for them saved them 3 times with courageous play in the dying minutes. Always running but just didnt quite get over the line.

Who would I consider bringing in to the side..??

Kepler Bradley - play him off a forward pocket.
Bachar Houli - must play to see how he goes. looks much better than anyone out there..
Richard Cole - possible replacement for MJ..??
Sam Lonergan - like this kid. tough..

Add to that
Hille
Lloyd

From today...

Houli - deserves a spot. hard at it, big motor, swift decision making, good disposal. gets forward and can kick goals

Lonergan - looks the goods . tough

Kepler - played well. presented hard, took some great grabs, kicking ok

Cole - hard at it, good disposal today, tries really hard. can be made to look a little slow at times

Chatres - gonna be good...!!!

Dick - as above...weaves out of trouble McLeod like (I wish) that last quarter sprint out of defence was brilliant.

Lee - strong on the lead, average disposal today

Plays of the day : 1. without doubt...Houli taking it in the pocket , scooping up on the run the bending a left foot banana through the sticks..brilliant

2. Dicks run out of the backline. got found out a few times but at least he takes risks.

3. Keplers one take grab in the 3rd quarter. right in front of me, very strong, poor kick for goal though.

4. Cole running onto a 50-50 ball, taking it one grab and smashing through a pack

All in all, a good performance from the guys. whoever was number 9 for them saved them 3 times with courageous play in the dying minutes. Always running but just didnt quite get over the line.

Who would I consider bringing in to the side..??

Kepler Bradley - play him off a forward pocket.
Bachar Houli - must play to see how he goes. looks much better than anyone out there..
Richard Cole - possible replacement for MJ..??
Sam Lonergan - like this kid. tough..

Add to that
Hille
Lloyd

Thanks for that mate :thumbsu:

I would leave Keps in the VFL for a while until he gets full confidence back and work really hard on him becoming more mobile and a better kick all round. He could be good but just lacks the confidence and position at the moment.

yeah I agree....although he was our best (at least in best 3) he did cop a bit from the crowd with "Anzac Day" taunts etc etc. I would give him 3-4 games for him to get his confidence back.

Did look good today....:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kepler Bradley - Excellent game. Played CHF/wing took 16 marks that i counted. Kept working and presenting. Only had one turn over by foot and tried to kill Lachy McKinnon in one marking contest but that was the worst part of his game and it was only minor. I have said a few times if he is to ever make it he needs to be played forward and today proved it. Probably the best game he has played. He simply doesnt look under as much pressure when he is leading up to the ball and is in front 95% of the time. Now lets hope he can get the same sort of role for Bendigo for the next 3 or 4 weeks and his form holds up. No need to rush him back yet on the back of one game. Let him build on this effort. Big tick for today though.

Richard Cole - Another to step up. His attack on the footy was very hard and very good. His disposal was simply 300% better than last week and he ran hard up the ground from half back . Big step in the right direction.

Andrew Lee - Didnt star like Bradley but showed a lot more today playing up forward. Took some grabs and lead well. Much better game this week and a step in the right direction.

Sam Lonergan - Good even game. Wasnt a stand out performance but it was still very good. Kept running hard all day and gave good run in the last quarter. Didnt hut his selection chances.

Kyle Reimers - Not one of Kyles better days. Gave away a few silly free kicks and looked a little out of sorts.

Heath Hocking - Another solid performance. Kept working hard all day . Had 24 possessions and 6 tackles . He works really hard on the one percenters. Is definately making sure he is being noticed.

Dean Dick - Deans first senior game for us and he struggled a little. Did a few nice things here and there but wasnt a standout. Will be better fitness wise.

Danny Charters - Another good game from DC. Is a good mark and likes to take of for a run from the backline. Another good effort from him.

Bacher Houli - Like the other midfielders he put in a solid effort. His first half was better but he was tagged in the second half and wasnt as efffective. Played well enough again to get a call up.

Lachlan McKinnon - Solid in the ruck and gave a good contest. Was reasnable around the ground and managed to eliminate most of the stupid mistakes this week.

A quick word on the Bendigo boys. Jason Cloke great again. i wish some of our senior blokes would work as hard as he does during the game. Rosa was ordinary. Maddern played well. Jolley was good and a bit of a tick for Jarrod Atkinson playing his second game. Did some very things in defence and i think we have found a good VFL player.

Kepler Bradley - Excellent game. Played CHF/wing took 16 marks that i counted. Kept working and presenting. Only had one turn over by foot and tried to kill Lachy McKinnon in one marking contest but that was the worst part of his game and it was only minor. I have said a few times if he is to ever make it he needs to be played forward and today proved it. Probably the best game he has played. He simply doesnt look under as much pressure when he is leading up to the ball and is in front 95% of the time. Now lets hope he can get the same sort of role for Bendigo for the next 3 or 4 weeks and his form holds up. No need to rush him back yet on the back of one game. Let him build on this effort. Big tick for today though.

Richard Cole - Another to step up. His attack on the footy was very hard and very good. His disposal was simply 300% better than last week and he ran hard up the ground from half back . Big step in the right direction.

Andrew Lee - Didnt star like Bradley but showed a lot more today playing up forward. Took some grabs and lead well. Much better game this week and a step in the right direction.

Sam Lonergan - Good even game. Wasnt a stand out performance but it was still very good. Kept running hard all day and gave good run in the last quarter. Didnt hut his selection chances.

Kyle Reimers - Not one of Kyles better days. Gave away a few silly free kicks and looked a little out of sorts.

Heath Hocking - Another solid performance. Kept working hard all day . Had 24 possessions and 6 tackles . He works really hard on the one percenters. Is definately making sure he is being noticed.

Dean Dick - Deans first senior game for us and he struggled a little. Did a few nice things here and there but wasnt a standout. Will be better fitness wise.

Danny Charters - Another good game from DC. Is a good mark and likes to take of for a run from the backline. Another good effort from him.

Bacher Houli - Like the other midfielders he put in a solid effort. His first half was better but he was tagged in the second half and wasnt as efffective. Played well enough again to get a call up.

Lachlan McKinnon - Solid in the ruck and gave a good contest. Was reasnable around the ground and managed to eliminate most of the stupid mistakes this week.

A quick word on the Bendigo boys. Jason Cloke great again. i wish some of our senior blokes would work as hard as he does during the game. Rosa was ordinary. Maddern played well. Jolley was good and a bit of a tick for Jarrod Atkinson playing his second game. Did some very things in defence and i think we have found a good VFL player.
How can he get toweled up in the AFL and play so badly and then by the sound of it go back and dominate in the VFL. It doesnt make sence. Obviously he can play but it doesnt happen on the big stage.

How can he get toweled up in the AFL and play so badly and then by the sound of it go back and dominate in the VFL. It doesnt make sence. Obviously he can play but it doesnt happen on the big stage.

Because he was finally played forward, i have been saying for years, he wont cut it as a key defender and we should develop as a forward. Problem is we have too many forwards at the moment and not enough good young defenders. We did however find one in ryder this year, but he could play anywhere actually.

Bradley is a bit like Damian Cupido and 100's of others.They can't handle the pressure and quick thinking needed to play AFL,but go extremely well at VFL and (in Cupido's case) SANFL level.:rolleyes:

Cloke as well....doing well at BBs..no chance of playong AFL again.

Wish Danny Chartres was not on the rookie list....I'd give him a run over Bolton atm.

Bradley is a bit like Damian Cupido and 100's of others.They can't handle the pressure and quick thinking needed to play AFL,but go extremely well at VFL and (in Cupido's case) SANFL level.:rolleyes:

Cloke as well....doing well at BBs..no chance of playong AFL again.

Wish Danny Chartres was not on the rookie list....I'd give him a run over Bolton atm.

Really like the look and attitude of Chartres......

Really like the look and attitude of Chartres......

Looking forward to seeing Danny play for Essendon soon. Don't know if you know,but I saw heaps of him and Gumby and Reimers last year play at Peel Thunder.

All of them were impressive last year (Gumby standing out obviously),but Dannny is the one I was most pleased about getting picked up by us.

He was stiff not to get drafted and was lucky enough to be given a chance by the EFC. 2006 was his last chance to be drafted you would think and at 22 years of age, he probably thought the dream had slipped by...but he has been given a lifeline and I'm pretty sure he's gunna do everything he can to make it to the big league.

He's not some prized recruit who is expected to be a star....he's a gutsy kid with a great work rate who is desperate to be a league player and thats just the way I think he likes it atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back