cannons

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2005
Location, Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
Today, in his bout against RJJ, Bernard may have won the fight, but in my eyes, he was definitely the loser.

Bernard fought dirty, he threw low blows, he threw rabbit punches, he drew blood through an intentional headbutt and, most disturbingly, he continued to throw a number of heavy punches after the 6th round concluded.

However, this isn't what annoyed me, as B-Hop fighting dirty is nothing new.

Instead, the thing that really annoyed me was the way in which he responded to Roy's fouls, rolling around on the canvas like an absolute woman. He fouled Roy a lot more, and I mean alot more, than Roy fouled him, yet he went down at every available opportunity.

If you're going to dish out, you have to take it as well, and Bernard didn't manage to do that tonight.

It was really sad for boxing to see two legends in a bout such as that, and the sport is even poorer for Hopkins' antics today.

Just do us all a favour and retire, Bernard.

yeh that was a terrible fight. Both should give it up as of now.

Hopkins did just enough to win the rounds, 2 punches and hold basically, while Jones just waited and waited for openings he's too old too exploit.

Hopkins carry on after the hits to the back of the head and the low blow was a joke. They were taps, although the bit of biff after the first one was the only good part of the fight.

On the bright side David Haye looked pretty good beating up Ruiz. Hopefully he'll fight one of the klits now. I doubt he'll win but he should make it fun too watch at least.

Hopkins has pretty much fought like this his whole career. He's rarely fan friendly but you can't argue with results. I'm yet to see the fight so I can't comment on the foul, however Hopkins has been a very good fighter for a very long time and is far from a disgrace imo. Should hang up the gloves now as he as nothing left to prove

In their prime, RJJ tore him a new one... this fight was a joke with two old men desperate for a pay check...

RJJ was king, please stop fighting to keep your status as a legend m8

yeh that was a terrible fight. Both should give it up as of now.

Hopkins did just enough to win the rounds, 2 punches and hold basically, while Jones just waited and waited for openings he's too old too exploit.

Hopkins carry on after the hits to the back of the head and the low blow was a joke. They were taps, although the bit of biff after the first one was the only good part of the fight.

On the bright side David Haye looked pretty good beating up Ruiz. Hopefully he'll fight one of the klits now. I doubt he'll win but he should make it fun too watch at least.

True, it was sad to see a legend and another great fighter reduced to the garbage that they served up yesterday.

I watched the Haye fight as well, and I thought he was pretty impressive, very quick for a man of his size. Ruiz, though, also impressed me. Despite the fact that he's probably past it now, he is incredibly tough. Even when he was taking massive shots he just kept on coming forward.

He earnt my respect in a big way.

On a side note, did you see Bernard say that he wanted to fight Haye?

Even though that fight should never, ever happen, imagine if it did. With all of the rabbit punches Haye throws, Bernard would spend more time on the canvas whinging than he would on his feet fighting.

Hopkins has pretty much fought like this his whole career. He's rarely fan friendly but you can't argue with results. I'm yet to see the fight so I can't comment on the foul, however Hopkins has been a very good fighter for a very long time and is far from a disgrace imo. Should hang up the gloves now as he as nothing left to prove

As I said, Bernard fighting outside of the rules is nothing new, but for a man who cultivates this image of a tough ex-con, he sure acted like a bitch yesterday.

Perhaps he hasn't been a disgrace throughout the course of his entire career, but he certainly was yesterday, and I have lost a lot of respect for him.

In their prime, RJJ tore him a new one... this fight was a joke with two old men desperate for a pay check...

RJJ was king, please stop fighting to keep your status as a legend m8

Yeah, RJJ will leave boxing with a greater legacy than Bernard, of that I have no doubt.

In that sense, yesterday won't have really achieved anything for Bernard, as everyone knows that a fight between two 40+ year olds means very little in the overall scheme of things.

So I guess Green v RJJ II is out of the question? Hopkins to fight Green now, assuming he beats his opponent on Wednesday?

I highly doubt it.

Green is going after Siaca as he knows the only way he'll get another big pay-day is if he can draw Mundine into a rematch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back